Acts Of Kindness | Teen Ink

Acts Of Kindness

October 3, 2022
By Anonymous

Four years ago my sister said ¨im  pregnant¨, I was over the moon to find out that I was going to be an aunt. My parents weren't the happiest when they first found out but grew to love it. I remember that we all contributed and helped at the baby shower which I noticed brought us all closer together, then a few months later she gave birth to a handsome little baby boy. She named him Princeton, which is the cutest name ever in my opinion. 


After awhile she left her boyfriend at the time to become a single mother, I wont get into any big details about what happened between them but he kept getting into trouble and wasn't a good dad. So we all supported her and I remember promising her that if she ever needed anything, to just let me know.


One year later, her ex tried being in Princeton's life again. That lasted for about a couple months on and off, he never called when he was supposed to or anything, he never made an effort so we ignored him and stuck to our family. Things were going great, I would give her breaks and babysit, I would distract him so she could get a bit of a break.


Two years later and now where to the present, Princeton is now 3 years old and just began school. My sister is better than ever and still to this day I am still helping her out with babysitting when she needs a break or when she works in the morning or late at night.


The author's comments:

This piece means so much to me, its just how much my sister has so much trust for us and was willing for us to be by her side through the hard times.