I Tripped | Teen Ink

I Tripped

By Nina_Care SILVER, Colfax, California
Nina_Care SILVER, Colfax, California

"Love is a many splendored thing, Love lifts us up where we belong, All you need is love!"

So there’s this unfortunate thing that happens to me. When I’m walking, I never walk a straight line. I just can’t do it, there’s no need for me to. And besides, straight lines are grotesquely boring. So I’ll stray off of the main pathway, something I’ve gotten good at. Maybe some people will get mad at me and tell me to get back on it. And I will, for a little while. But I won’t ever stay on it. Like I said, too boring. But then there are people like you. I’ll be walking fine, but then I’ll step off the path and trip. I tend to trip a lot. But usually, after tripping so many times, I can catch myself, regain my balance, and continue walking in whatever direction I had initially intended to go in. But every once in awhile, when things change, I’ll trip badly. And then I’ll fall. I’ll fall absurdly hard. And sometimes when I fall it’s really hard for me to figure out how to get back up and keep walking.

I fell… for you.
And I have no intention of getting back up.

So. I'm going to be DEAD honest. I am clumsy as you know what. The person that inspired this piece has read it, but guess what... he has no CLUE it was written for him. I hope you like this :)

writer3499 GOLD, New Bedford, Massachusetts

"it's impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all-in which case you fail by default."
-J.K.Rowling

Wow this is short and sweet! I loved the end as well as the whole thing! Amazing

Regia SILVER said...
Regia SILVER, Greenville, South Carolina

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same.
We're only young once, but with humor we can be immature forever.
If you're going to get into trouble for hitting someone, you might as well do it hard.
After a game, the king and the pawn go in the same box.

Wow! Great job writing this! So sweet and funny and well-written. Thank you for writing this. :)

KaylynVictoria SILVER, Breaux Bridge, Louisiana

Always keep your head up so you never have an excuse to look down at yourself(:

this is so cool. And true at the same time. adore it!!

SarClark BRONZE, NC, Connecticut
Aha wow. I do this too, you sound ALOT like me... love your work :)

VioletsandVoice, Spiritwood, North Dakota
this is really funny and i can kind of picute the kind of guy in this poem. good job

loveibanez BRONZE, Maumee, Ohio

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!" -Ben Franklin

INSANE. I love it so much! Keep doing whatever you are doing, ahhh! I just want to read it over and over again!

on Sep. 28 2009 at 10:10 am
EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."

I LOVED THIS. I feel the exact same way about some guy too, but I am not sure he feels the same way. He might, but I am confused.

Keep up the good work!!!!!

aspiring.author.09 PLATINUM, Beaumont, Other
I too have written something similar to this...but the person it's about it too much of a jerk to read my real feelings. Great piece, keep it up!