Cutting | Teen Ink

Cutting

November 14, 2010
By Anonymous

I use to cut myself all the time and sometimes I still do. Let me take you back to how it all started. I was a freshman in high school, I was just now gettin guse to the high school life and making friends with all these I didnt even know. All of a sudden in the middle of the school year its like my whole life just fell into pieces and I didnt know what to do, so I happen to one night pick up a razor I found and said, "what could I do with you". I went to bed and just thought all night long what could I do with this razor I found. The next day at school these boys kept irking my nerves so bad that, when I got home I took that razor I found and took it across my wrist, but the next thing I know Im all better, but how? From then on that night I just started cutting my wrist, stomach, arms, and even my legs to feel better everytime I had pain. Cutting made my life better, so thats what I would say to myself, but come to find out I was doing a bad thing and I couldnt stop. My friends had told me I needed to stop but its so hard to and I just cant stop immediatley. I have been working since then to stop but its hard and I catch myself sometimes still doing it on the sly. Im just glad im not doing it as bad as I was doing it before.


The author's comments:
I wanted to write this to show that I have done things and Im probably not the only one who has but Im glad I told somebody my story. I hope you get a good lesson out of this if you cut yourself!