Rock Music | Teen Ink

Rock Music

By 513rjs513 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
513rjs513 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana

Hello, my name is Roderick. I am an African American and yet, I love Rock music. Rock is not only for Caucasians. I like rock better than I like hip hop or rap. I would prefer to listen to Heavy Metal type rock. I started liking rock music when I was only 13, my first year as a teen. Now that I am fifteen, Rock music has a big impact on my life.

My favorite type of Rock music is heavy metal. I love how it’s loud and it helps me express my feelings. I’m usually mad most of the time, so I listen to heavy metal songs to help me get it all out. It involves screaming, pushing, throwing, and jumping, but this is helpful and it keeps me in line. Hey, that’s just apart of being a teenager.

Before I turned 13, I hated rock music. At that age, one of the best games that came out for Xbox 360 was Rock Band. This game has multiple rock songs, not all heavy metal, but they are awesome rock songs. I bought the special edition of Rock Band. That involves a Rock Band drum set, guitar, and microphone. That game changed my life forever. I now love Rock music. I still own that game today.

Rock music has a huge impact on my life. I love most of the lyrics in Rock music. Some of my favorite songs are Anyway You Want it, Young, and Mississippi Queen. Those songs express the feelings of love. I can really relate to there situations. The only kinds I can say I dislike are the ones that go against my Christian beliefs. The lyrics are good life motivations. I will continue to keep rock music in my life forever.

I love Rock music!!

thatgirlnamedrose BRONZE, Valmeyer, Illinois

I couldn't fit in this box, but it's the letter to Mr. Vernon in the movie, The Breakfast Club.

Rock on dude! I love rock music :) I love all music that is old like the 60's-70's The Runaways, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, and Joan Jett are my personal favorite artists! 

xKeli826x BRONZE, Middletown, New York
1 article 1 photo 57 comments
Dude i know what your saying. I'm 14 years old and caucasian. Although that may not be suprsing to you or anyone else, but im also a girl. Most people don't think many girls today love listening to people scream like I do either so i have a slight idea of what you mean. My parents have had me listening to rock and metal since I was a kid, but I love it with a burning passion now. In my opinion, its got to be the best type of music of music out there. Nice article :)