Love and Dedication- A Justin Bieber Experience | Teen Ink

Love and Dedication- A Justin Bieber Experience

By alyssabeliebs21 PLATINUM, LaGrange, Illinois
alyssabeliebs21 PLATINUM, LaGrange, Illinois

Never say never

I stood waiting more anxiously than I ever have. My hand clasped tight with Mia's, our body's shook with excitement. My stomach was doing somersault after somersault and I stared at the stage as the crew set up for the last performer- the most anxiously awaited performer of the night. Mia squeezed my hand as a crew member carefully placed a guitar upright in the center of the stage. My ears had already blocked out the DJ playing to entertain the antsy crowd. Mia turned to me and smiled excitedly and I smile back, remembering exactly how long we'd been waiting for this- 86 days, counting down the entire way. Our shirts didn't say “BIEBER GIRL” and “FUTURE MRS. BIEBER” for nothing.

In the blink of an eye, the entire arena went black. A blood-curdling scream escapes my lungs, along with thousands of other teenage girls around me. My heart begins to race a mile a minute and the grip Mia has on my hand was making my veins pulse. My head was spinning and I was almost dizzy enough to lose consciousness. Spot lights dance across the stage, teasing the audience. Scream after scream punctures my eardrums but I stand in silence, unsure if I will be able to hand what comes next. Each muscle in my body stiffened and I couldn't move one limb.

Then my eyes caught a glimpse of movement approaching the stage. They lock on the figure.

A five-foot-seven 17-year-old boy rose to the stage. His honey-brown hair bounced about his gorgeously-shaped face. The spotlight hit his face and body, accentuating their beauty. His beautiful smile captured every audience member's gaze. His other flawlessly formed features reflect the camera flashes. He stood tall, emanating pure confidence. He had a purely perfect sculpted build. He then projected his singing voice- crystal clear, with the tone that would make heads turn, and tug at your heart.

With this sight, I was overcome with emotion and my legs collapsed beneath me and my body crumbled to the floor. I felt Mia topple down on top of me, but I couldn't have cared less. Both our bodies quivered and shook with sobs, both of us an emotional wreck. The tears flowed down my face and collected at the collar of my t-shirt. These tears that pooled out of our eyes- tears of love and dedication.

These are the only words that could come close to describing my experience.