Rising Sun | Teen Ink

Rising Sun

June 16, 2012
By LiteraryJustice PLATINUM, Alexandria, Virginia
LiteraryJustice PLATINUM, Alexandria, Virginia
45 articles 0 photos 2 comments

I'd like to meet someone like you again.

The reason is pretty simple. Almost obvious, really.

You made me feel like I was a better person.

You made me want to try and gave me memories that even now, I can't let go.

Even as the years pass and I tell myself that time will change me, I know that there's something magical about this that will never truly disappear.

I know that either you've given me something that will stay with me forever... or you've shown me something I should always strive to find.

Either way, it was a life-changing experience.

Stuff like that doesn't just fade away.

Even if it's just a fleeting shadow, at the end of an abandoned street, cast by a flickering streetlamp...I still want to be there. I want to see it. I want to meet it. And make these feelings tangible, again.

Bring life to old, dead sentiments and step into the skin of a person I once knew.

A naive person--arguably stupider than the girl you see now. But, in essence, just me. Before all this madness. Before I was warped and twisted up inside.

Time passes. People change.

Life happens.

And I'm waiting for it to happen to me again.

Because, I have this feeling.

That at the end of this dark street, there'll be a bright horizon.

And I'm always running towards it.

Waiting eagerly, for the day when I can meet your burnt silhouette, against a backdrop of a newly borne rising sun.


The author's comments:
When amazing people fall out of your life, you can't help but want to find them again.