The Girl In The Blue Sweater | Teen Ink

The Girl In The Blue Sweater

December 11, 2012
By NvMaryJXx BRONZE, Pasco, Washington
NvMaryJXx BRONZE, Pasco, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's okay to be different.


It was another day of the daily grind for my parents. My brothers were outside playing so I decided to take advantage and clean the house, knowing it would be impossible as soon as my brothers stepped through the door. As I walked toward the kitchen I said hopefully to myself, “Maybe this time, she’ll thank me.”

20 minutes into my cleaning I noticed the hallway light was on. I went over to turn it off, remembering that my mom would always nag about saving energy and money. As I turned I heard a faint noise in the hallway leading to the other bedrooms. I figured I had stepped in a spot where I caused the floor to creak, so I shrugged it off. About an hour later I finished cleaning my mom’s main worries: the living room, the dining room, the kitchen and our 2 bathrooms.

Looking over my good deed done, and fairly satisfied, I decided to take a break. I walked over to the living room and in the corner of my eye the light from the hallway was on… again, I walked over and turned it off. While watching television for about 30 minutes, I had a feeling someone was watching me, so I looked over my shoulder expecting one of my brothers to be standing there. I saw nothing, yet I felt something was different about the hallway, so I left it at that and continued watching television.
Exactly 10 minutes later I turned back around with a feeling I’ve never felt before, the light was on again, but this time there was a girl standing in the hallway. She was blonde; about 17 years old, wearing a blue sweater, pink shirt and blue jeans. I quickly turned away and did a double take to confirm what my eyes had witnessed, but there was nothing there. Even the light was turned off. I sat there amazed at how powerful my brain was, and then I started giggling at the fact that I actually fell for it. I stood up and yelled out loud, “Nice try! You didn’t scare me!”
Two weeks after the incident my family and I were going up to a city named Pasco; to search for a new home. I was sitting in the car with my mom and my brothers waiting for my father who was still inside. I decided to go investigate why my dad was taking so long. I got out and walked up the steps. As I entered my house I yelled out, “Dad!?” and there was no response, I waited about 3 seconds, and I found the house unusually quiet. As I walked towards his bedroom, and entered, I was suddenly cut off by him as I started calling out “Dad” again.
I stood still and looked at him as he put his finger to his lips signaling me to be quiet. I stood there frozen while giving him a confused look. He pointed to the bathroom door. We stood there a few seconds when we hear a creaking sound coming from the inside of the bathroom. I gasped at my dad, and slowly a smile appeared on my face. For as long as I can remember we have been both interested with the paranormal. Now we finally got to experience some action of our own.
After a few moments my dad found the courage to open the door, and when he did there was nothing there. He looked back at me, slowly closed the door and said “Now when I tell people about this they can’t say that I’m crazy because this time you were here with me.” I’ve never seen my father so excited! I then smiled and thought to myself what an interesting experience… and better yet, there’s more yet to come.


The author's comments:
This is a true personal experience