One of the Worst Day of my Life | Teen Ink

One of the Worst Day of my Life

It’s a day where my family changed. My whole life changed. A day that went so fast that I wanted to grab it and slow it down, before reality hit me.

A day when mom came home early and I knew something happened. Mom told Caitie and I that Uncle Mark got shot in the head. It was a day when I wanted to cry but couldn’t. It was a day that everyone would remember except Noah and Danielle.

We scrambled around to find things to pack. How could this happen I thought. It was a day when dad was angry because he was scared for his older brother. It wasn’t a stupendous day; it was a day of horror. A day that felt so unreal, like I was having a nightmare.

This day felt like it would never end. All I could hear was mom talking to dad about where we, us kids, should go. All I wanted to hear was the sound of Noah screaming or a sound coming from the TV.

I wanted everything to go back. I longed to run away from my hell. It was a day that flooded me with sadness and worry. It was to the point that I turned pessimistic about Uncle Mark living.

It was a day were my Uncle’s hands let go of America. It was a day were he couldn’t fight in the war. A day were he could no longer fight for freedom. It was a day that his body changed. It was a that grandma became upset more than ever.

It was a day that I couldn’t understand why God let this happen. It was a day where my own eyes didn’t want to look so they became blurry. That summer day, in June was the day that changed my whole life.

this story was when My Uncle got shot in the head by a sniper. He is still alive today but he wasn't like he used to be. it was the summer between the ending of me 3rd grade year to the begging of my 4th grade year.