live my life | Teen Ink

live my life

By Taylor,H. BRONZE, Waterford, Pennsylvania
Taylor,H. BRONZE, Waterford, Pennsylvania

Im my best friend, and my worst enemy.

I want to live. Live my life while my souls still vibrant and I’m still young enough to do so. Right now I feel like a shell of a human being. The outside appearance seems to be all there but on the inside is nothing. Everyday, doing the same thing as the day before. Going through the motions of being a student. It is like I’m in a trance, not even realizing what I am doing throughout the week. Then, just like that, I awaken and it’s the weekend. A whole week of life, my life, wasted into nothingness. What is this point of this? Because society expects this of me? Or else I will not be considered a productive member of society or in the “norm”. What happens in four years when I wake up with a diploma in my hand and no idea of how I got it or what to do with it? All a waste. College will always be there but my youth is slipping away from me faster and faster everyday, like an avalanche gaining momentum as it makes its way down the mountain of life until it reaches the bottom and I am an old man. That’s not what I want for myself. I want to do all the crazy, spontaneous things now while I still can. I want to stay up all night listening to unnecessarily loud music, and sleep like I work third shift. I want to love, such an intense love, that only a young person can; not shower for days while laying in bed watching every movie imaginable. I want to have enough time to read all the books id like without interruption. Go to concerts of every single genre. Travel the world with nothing but a single suitcase. being young is a special time that only shows itself for a brief moment in your life so take advantage of it and live your life.

Im my best friend, and my worst enemy.

well thank you im glad you liked it! thats what this is all about, inspiring people and writing down whats real. hopefully youll like my other pieces once they get on the site.

lilnikohl SILVER, Buckeye, Arizona
Wow honestly this is exactly how i feel! Every passing day, but i have learned to enjoy life to the fullest. Instead of whining, i know enjoy because life is short! I liked this piece alot because i can relate! Good Job ♥