I Don't Know Love | Teen Ink

I Don't Know Love

By LexiDawn SILVER, Sanford, North Carolina
LexiDawn SILVER, Sanford, North Carolina

"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations."

"It was books that me made feel that, perhaps, I was not completely alone."

I don’t know love? Just because I’ve never been in a relationship doesn’t mean I lack the knowledge of love. Sure, I don’t have much credibility to talk about being IN love, but trust me, I know what love is. I know that feeling I get when my family and I are cruising down the street, blaring music; not talking, just singing. I know that feeling when we laugh so hard we can’t breathe. I know that feeling when there is a strange quietness in the room and, though I may have no reason to, I smile. I know that feeling when just one look from someone can reassure me that everything will be okay. I know that feeling of breaking down and having someone to hold you or to call even if it’s late. I know that feeling of missing someone who you’ve only been away from for a few hours. I know that feeling of “I can’t live without you” and “promise you’ll never leave” and “I’ll always be here for you.” I know that love is caring. I know that love is bravery. I know that love is time. I know that love is not always what you want it to be. But I know that without love, life is meaningless.

Just venting feelings...