The trip to mississippi | Teen Ink

The trip to mississippi

January 21, 2014
By kirra body BRONZE, Walker, Michigan
kirra body BRONZE, Walker, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Ouch! I screeched
“what’s going on back there?” my mom asked
image yourself crammed into a little van for hours. With no escape from noise everywhere you look. Also there are no stop the whole way there besides to get gas and you really have to go. This is not going to be a good trip.

I was walking home from the bus stop with my older sister, kye , when she asked with rage in her voice.
“how was your day today?”
“good. yours?” I answered. Then she cried out loud
“OFFAL! first i got in trouble for something that i didn’t even do then....”
I cut her off before she could say anything else, and said “calm down before you get a headache from frustration”
we finally reached the house. My mom, tameka, had just arrived also. She jumped out of the car and ran into the house so fast my sister and I thought something had happened.So we ran in after her. Only to see my granny, betty, and my mom crying with tears of joy.
“what’s wrong? is everything okay?” I asked
then my granny replied “yes dear. your mother just got a raise and we get to go home.”
When she says home she mean mississippi. That is where my mom, granny, and older sister are from. My little sister and I are from michigan. First things first we had to figure out what day and time we were going to get on the road, and how long were we going to be staying there. That’s when it hit us . it was perfect to go that weekend, and stay there for 2 weeks. From that moment on we would working on packing and getting everything sorted out. The next day we were wrapping up the rest of our packing. When all of a sudden BOOM!. Something had happened. Kye, granny betty and I all meet in the living room and looked at each other in fright. I decided to go to the kitchen door that leads to the garage to see if anyone was there. but no one was there . I slipped open the door. it was my mom leaving to go get the straps ,so that our luggage could go on top of the car. I went back to the living room to tell them the good news. As soon as I told them they were relieved, and we all went back into our rooms to finish our packing.
“what are you going to bring that is special to you?” asked kye
I replied “I don’t know i’ll probably just bring my stuffed monkey.”
We were all done we had to make sure that everything was all nice and clean before we left the house ,so that when we came back we didn’t have to do anything but unpack and do landry. wones we were all done with all of our house chores and putting our thing on top of it the car. it was time for us to get our bathes and getting some rest for the trip in the morning. We all woke up at actually 4:00. After about 5 mins of freshening up we got going on the road. We all headed to the car when my mom asked
“why isn’t all the luggage on top of the car?”
“we thought that we put everything on the car.” I replied
“well I guess it’s have to put it in the car with you ladies.”
so after we all got into the car my mom started handing us the luggage to put in the car with us. Finally we were on our way. but first we had to stop to get some gas for the car , and get some coffee for my mom since she was the one driving. We were finally on the highway. I was still sleepy so I went to sleep in our trunk. My mom put a mattress in the back so that we could go back to sleep.I was finally dozing off with kye when all of a sudden I felt a tiny little shoe on my face it was my little sister, kymorra.
“ouch!” I screeched
“what is going on back there?” my mom asked
“kymorra stepped on my face.”
“kymorra sit down until we get to mississippi.”
After kymorra started to complain that she had to go to the bathroom, and she began to cry, And it got louder and louder and LOUDER!
“kymorra hold it until we get there.”
“okay” kymorra said with a sob in her voice
it has been a total of 14 hours until finally my mom called out “we’re here” everyone clapped with joy.
We finally made to the closest restroom in mississippi and i jumped out the car and ran to the bathroom. The whole trip to mississippi was like a wild party. hopefully the ride back would be much better.


The author's comments:
This is one of my best writings