Memories | Teen Ink

Memories

I think it would be fair to say that there is nothing linking me to the present. My body is changing but my mind is stuck in the past.

I have never been more confused than I am now of what is surrounding me. My world stopped the day you walked out of it. And it never span again.

It feels like everyone I know has a little bit of you and it keeps getting harder and harder to be around people.

A familiar face, a goofy smile or someone’s curly hair, drags me right back to your memory. And it seems impossible to be free.

I hate this place. I hate this school without you. I hate looking at the corridor you used to walk through and wait for you. Except that you never come. I waited for days. I waited for weeks and I will wait even more. But you would never come.

I close my eyes and try to imagine you coming. I feel you coming. And the thought of seeing you draws a foolish smile upon my face. Then I open my eyes and I have this urge to cry. To see you and not be able to touch you is one of the most torturous feelings I have ever gone through.

My mind is becoming more and more delusional and it is only a matter of time before I completely lose it.