Not The Majority. | Teen Ink

Not The Majority.

March 15, 2014
By bianca.hd GOLD, Los Angeles, California
bianca.hd GOLD, Los Angeles, California
10 articles 2 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
- Eleanor Roosevelt


I don't want to be the majority. I want to breathe in the sweetness of life itself, I want to see the bliss. I want to be the nature that surrounds me, from the grasses to the red bellied robins to the blossoms and leaves. I want to understand those who surround me, regardless of where they sit-the high office chairs of power and the curbs are all but one and the same if they hold the same strong morals. I want to reach for the stars and taste the clouds; I want to dive into the depths and crannies of the oceans deep and hike the majestic mountains. I want to smell the roses and kiss the rain, and dance when the music around is simply silence, for silence speaks louder than words. I want to live life to the fullest that I can and embrace my every breath.

I know that as I breathe in, others breathe out their last. I know that something's aren't meant to be, and it's hard to accept the facts. I know that for every laugh there is, tears are shed, and for every successful gain, there is a painful loss. I know that I can choose to feel all the grief and sadness in the world, or I can choose to feel the bubbles of joy being created in each moment around. I know that life can hurt, that life will suck, but nothing lasts forever, for the horrid memories will cease, and the good ones will fade, and nothing is better than to live life in the beautiful moments presented to you.
I have learned that not as many people watch you or judge you as you believe, but they do accept you. I have learned that the best way to deal with despair and sadness is to open up the wounds, regardless of the pain. I have learned that people don’t have to be your family to love you, but your family will always and forever be there. I have learned that sometimes, it’s better to accept the silence, to accept the pain, and to accept the blows that life and those whom you love dearly give you.

I don’t want to be the majority. I don’t want to lug myself through life with sadness and pain. I don’t want to be the majority who eats and sleeps away their pain. I don’t want to be the ones who don’t try anymore, for they believe that this. is. it. Because I know it truly isn’t. There’s so much to this world that we exist in, there’s so much to see, there’s so much to love and hear and taste and be.

I don’t know who I am, or what or who I’ll be tomorrow, next year, or in a decade. I don’t know my purpose here, and I don’t know what’s out there. All I know is that I don’t want to be the majority, I just want to be me.


The author's comments:
Everyone discovers who they are sometime in their life, and I'm struggling to do just that.