France | Teen Ink

France

May 30, 2014
By Katie4532 BRONZE, Coronado, California
Katie4532 BRONZE, Coronado, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I think one of the worst experiences I have ever been in was in the most beautiful cities in France. My mom and I had been staying in France for a month or so and we wanted to travel to Nice but have an inexpensive trip. My mom booked us and my aunt and her family, which is my aunt Stephanie, uncle James and my cousin Ethan a hostile to stay in for two nights while we traveled around Nice. Usually Nice has nice warm weather but we were there during the summer and they were having an unusual heat wave. We were all cranky rolling our suitcases from the train station to this hostile that we had no idea what to expect. After getting lost a few times and drenched in sweat he finally make it to the hostile. We were all so tired from the long train ride and long walk we all wanted to relax. We walk in check in and the owners showed us to our room. All of our mouths dropped. There was no way we could do this. We had the first room on the floor. There was three beds in a room the size of a semi small bathroom and no air conditioning. We could barely move. We had to fit five bodies and three suitcases and we honestly had no room to breathe. That night when we all tried to go to sleep, it was the worst thing ever. Since our room was the first room on the ground floor there was basically a party all night with non stop smoke being floated in our room. We couldn't shut the the window because it was so hot. The only one of us who could fall asleep was my uncle who snore all night. So the rest of us laid awake just waiting for morning so we could get out of there.