Article Interview | Teen Ink

Article Interview

September 11, 2014
By Juan .J. Garcia BRONZE, Pacoima, California
Juan .J. Garcia BRONZE, Pacoima, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My mom’s american dream was when she was younger which was to come to the U.S. and become a citizen. Only half of her dream was made which was come the U.S. to have a superior life. Another reason she came here was a result of she wanted my brother and I to have a superior life and future. Also, in the time she was young technology wasn’t so great “she said” she also, said that a type of technology she would want to have when she was younger will be a touch phone as back in her days “she said” that they did not had phones or computers they only had home phones but now she said that she is so glad that she came to the U.S. as a result of everything is more advanced. Also, the medicine was more advanced that’s why my mom came here to the U.S. but now where my mom was born everything is more superior and more advanced now “she said”.

 

Also, my mom said that stuff have changed a bunch from technology to transportation and to medicine. she also, said that when she was in school when she was younger that in her school she has to carry a bunch of textbooks and more different stuff she also, said that the schools materials have changed a bunch that materials that we have now some they did not have when she was younger for example mechanical pencils. She also, said that transportation was different from her time to now that transportation was not actually used in her time, but now transportation is more used now  “she said”.

 

She also,said that one of her childhood memories that she remembers was when her younger brother was born. she also, said that when she was younger she played sports which were baseball and basketball. Also, she said that the TV’s back in her days were not in color and they were just black and white was the color used more and also, for taking pictures in a camera the color that you will look at was black and white “she said” and that when she was younger “she said” that she didn’t actually had toys to play with. That ‘s why my mom came to the U.S. for a superior life.


The author's comments:

I was inspired about the article that I wrote because I talked about what is the American Dream.