Should Parents Spend More Time With Their Kids | Teen Ink

Should Parents Spend More Time With Their Kids

By SirPunchWood BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana
SirPunchWood BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana

Kids everywhere feeling left behind and fading in school, but when they get home they feel the same way. Most kids have seen a new edition to the house and their parents always seem to forget about them. When their little brother or sister is grown up the parents still give all of their attention, and some of kids feel forgotten. When something comes where its just the kids and their parents it would take many tries just so the kids can be alone with them.
Even though kids say they don’t spend enough time with parents it’s often said the same thing with the parents. Parents usually work most when the child is really young and the child and that parent don’t get that special bond in the early ages. When the child grows older the parent/parents seem to grow apart, so in the early ages of the child the parents should pour their attention to the child. It’s one of the top things parents regret going when their child when it is just a little baby, your child isn’t going to be going to college in diapers so spend more time with them.
“I HATE YOU!” Teens are the parents worst nightmare. It’s when the parents and the child are farthest apart, but in reality they just don’t understand. Teens lock themselves in their room, and just want to get away from everything. They want their own freedom from rules and responsibly. Parents feel like they can’t help them but they often forget that they went through the same thing. Just like they lost the key to this door. 
The child just feels like he/she is not loved or forgotten. Parents, try and make more time for your kids. Kids, try to understand that your parents are trying their best. In the end parents can help and they can do so much more. Spend more time with your family so you can better understand each other.

This piece discribes the problem between teens and parents. I come from a family of six so I can personly relate to this artical, and it doesn't matter how many people is in you family I'm sure you will relate.