Although I Love You | Teen Ink

Although I Love You

May 11, 2015
By lidhuerta SILVER, Lleida, Other
lidhuerta SILVER, Lleida, Other
8 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Pursue your dreams"


The world is full of heartbreakers, one of them is you. You didn't abandon me, I did. I abandoned our relationship, not because I stopped loving you but because you forced me to do it, you forced me to realize how selfish and unfair you were to me. You lied constantly, not only did you make me believe you were the right one but you also made my family think so too. You seemed too perfect, too worth it. People change, and you changed me, I used to be incredibly happy with my life, I used to be really active, did so many things now i cant remember doing, I used to love things that I now hate because I shared those experiences with you.  Now, I don't hate you, I hate what you have made me feel,  I hate that you made me fall for all your imperfections, each and every flaw i kissed, I adored. I am hurt though I don't show it to you, my stomach feels as it was rolled over by a car, my eyes are sore from crying, my body feels empty, my heart cannot beat any faster- I truly do wonder lots of times how can love mess someone up so bad, out of nowhere it hits you and you are done. I wonder how I fell in love with you, knowing that you were the complete opposite, how could have I been so naive? how did i not see this coming? I used to treat myself in the best way, avoiding guys who seemed the heartbreaker type, I used to be too smart to notice guys like you, so what happened to me? I won't say I was too dumb for having found love and letting it go, because after al that is what I did, I was the one letting you go- and although you didn't want to end with our love, I did. It might seem selfish but it isn't at all, you just werent the one for me, and as hard as it is i realized after your many told lies. I'm sick of liars, and sick of having to stick with apologies just because I love you. I am sick of forgiving someone who hurts me with his actions while I do nothing but try to make our relationship worth the fight. Not anymore. The fight is over, our time is up, you had your time to show me how great you are and you did, but you weren't the greatest for me, you did things i hated and had to forgive, just cause I love you. Well that isn't fair. I deserve somebody who loves me enough to think before doing something wrong, someone that shows me real love, that tells me how worth it i am and therefore he wont do anything to mess it up, I can forgive quickly because everyone does mistakes but I can't forgive the same mistakes twice. I am not a forgive-forget machine. So although I love you like crazy, I know one day i'll stop feeling this way, by now i'll just have to wait, take in the pain and overtime it will go away!!!