I Couldn't Help Loving You. | Teen Ink

I Couldn't Help Loving You.

No. What you did to me wasn't okay. It will never be okay. You flirted with me, let me fall for you, made false promises, got my hopes up, took a few of my "firsts" along with me heart, and then shattered me. Little by little I found out things that took more and more pieces of me and just slowly broke me down. It didn't wreck me when I found out you lied at first. Until she told me you'd be dating for years... 

She blamed me for tempting you, and I felt horrible naturally... 

But it made it even worse when you started doing it too. I sat awake at night wondering how it could possibly be my fault. I was honest, I trusted you, I saw the best in you, and admired so many things about you... and you took just took advantage of me. You took advantage and refused to take the blame for the fallout. 

...

It hurts even more that I liked you so much. I gave you all that I could, and even that wasn't enough. You tore me down so much, but I didn't want you to go... 

I despised you, but I wanted you to stay. 

I even ended up taking the blame. All of it. Because even though you took everything I had, and made me hate you for it... 
I couldn't help loving you.

The harsh reality of love is, even if you love someone with all you have... they don't have to do the same.