Learning Something New | Teen Ink

Learning Something New

By q.camelot SILVER, Riyadh, Other
q.camelot SILVER, Riyadh, Other

Learning something new can have both good and bad effects depending on the way it affects you; how you think, act, etc.  Depending on the thing that you learn, your life could be changed in a very large way, a small simple way, or maybe even no way at all. When I learned that I would be moving to Saudi Arabia, my life changed drastically.

Learning this information in the middle of my 7th grade school year had a lot of disadvantages. When I learned that I would be moving, I started to worry. I didn’t want to leave all of my friends to go and move for my ninth time. It was always right as I started to really bond with the people in my school, that I had to move away again. Through this worry, I also became distracted. It started in school. I would start doing some work, then I would start to worry over something that I had no control over. I worried about my first plane ride, a new school, new people, a whole new culture! Although, it wasn’t all bad learning I was going to move across the world.

When I learned I was going to be moving it was shocking and crazy. I was disappointed at first, but I started to learn that it was going to be amazing. I was going to learn about a whole new culture. I would be able to meet even more new people, and go on an incredible adventure. I would finally be able to start to travel the world with my family. I would be able to try new exotic foods that I can’t even pronounce. I would have new, interesting stories to tell my friends back home. I started to get very excited about moving to a whole new country.

Learning what I did, I think that my life was changed in a big way. I mean, really, it would change my life forever. Yes, I had moved 8 times before I moved to Saudi, but those were not as life changing as this one. For the first time, I would leave America. I would finally be able to try truly foreign things. I would be able to make new friends that I would most definitely remember for the rest of my life.

Learning new things has its positives; and its negatives. It can either change your life for the better, or for the worse. Although, learning new things is an important step in moving forward in life. We have to learn new things to proceed in life, and make it for the better. Through learning, we are able to learn new things, have new experiences, and meet new people that we would remember for the rest of our lives.