Thoughts of Peyton | Teen Ink

Thoughts of Peyton

By Lil_P-Man BRONZE, Owingsvile, Kentucky
Lil_P-Man BRONZE, Owingsvile, Kentucky

Different Views On Colors

I feel that I think about things that never cross some people's mind, and in this project cycle I would like to write about these thoughts.

My first thought is about eyesight and if some people see colors differently. Like I may see blue as green and you might see green as blue and we would never know because we grew up being taught that that color was green and that color was blue.

Just imagine what it would look like for the grass to be blue and the sky to be green. That may be weird to you but if you grew up with it like that you wouldn’t think anything of it because growing up you would be taught that the grass is green and the sky is blue, so even if you didn’t see the same colors as everyone else how would you know? To us it seems strange but they would think it was perfectly normal.

If you want to take it a step further you could say what if we all had the same favorite color but we saw it in different places. For example my favorite color is orange, what if everyone's favorite color looked like orange but they saw it different places, like UK blue for them might be the orange for me. Now if you get lost while reading this I will go ahead and apologize, this is very hard to explain.

Anything Can Be Better
As I have grown up I have played a lot of sports and throughout playing these sports I have been told that you can always get better a couple of times. This saying can really apply to anything in life, not just sports. Since this was in my head i just wanted to write about it because when I get older I want to start my own business and this truly tells me that no matter what business i decide to go into I can always make something better. The technology is always advancing so there are more and more possibilities everyday in every business.

This isn’t as funny or maybe near as fun to read as my other thoughts but it has been in my mind for a long time and since the point of this piece was to write about what was going on in my mind I thought I needed to write about it.

Curse Words
Personally I have always wanted to know what made some words wor

se than others. I understand that parents don’t want their kids to learn adult things when they’re six but what about the words that have no bad meaning, they’re just considered bad. Just think about it, the B word means a female dog and we consider it a bad word. If someone came up to you and said, “You are a female dog!” you wouldn’t get offended, but if you replaced the female dog part with the B word you would probably gasp and get mad at them.

Some religions have words that aren’t supposed to be said by followers of the religion, such as christianity, with christianity you aren’t supposed to say hell or God in the wrong context. I don’t know of any other religions that tell you you shouldn’t say certain words but I’m willing to put money on the fact there are other religions that have words that aren’t supposed to be said by followers of that religion.

This was a project for this nine weeks of school