What Conversation Do You Want to Have with the World? | Teen Ink

What Conversation Do You Want to Have with the World?

January 25, 2017
By Anonymous

Hey world, why are you so cruel? You're beautiful on the outside but so ugly on the inside. Most people inside of you are cruel. They make fun of others for being themselves. They don’t accept who people are and want to be. Town to town that differs, but even in the most accepting town there is still that one not accepting person. I don’t care if you have the same beliefs as I do, but I respect yours so I would like mine respected as well. Another thing world, why do you always take the best people away from us. The people with kind delicate hearts and who always respect everyone and are really kind are always the first to go. That hurts us. The ones you leave here suffer and try to figure out why they are gone. Why them? Why not me? You may not have even known the person who died but you feel upset. It may have been a friends friend or a friend's grandfather, but watching them suffer and be upset hurts you. You may know what it's like to suffer a loss of your own but watching someone else go through it is much worse. You try to do anything you can to make them feel better but in the end you know the only thing that will make them feel better is having that person back with them. Why can’t you just leave us alone world? Some people may treat you with disrespect, but ignore them. Make those doing all they can happy. Stop being cruel and taking the good ones away from us and start accepting everyone.


The author's comments:

My english teacher gave me this prompt and I sort of just wrote what was on my mind.