golf course | Teen Ink

golf course

Once spring hits you know what season it is golf time. A golf course holds a lot of memories for me. A golf course in a small town is where I first started playing and found my love for the course and golf back when I was a little kid. Growing up I always wanted to go to the golf course rain, sun, or snow. I wanted to be out on the golf course. There's a story my family always tells me when I was little. It was like the middle of December snowing and I asked if I could go golfing today. The golf course brings all the hate, anger, and fun I have while playing golf. A golf course brought me my first great memory of golf when I won my first jr tournament, which was a big accomplishment for me. But also one of the best things you grow to find at a golf course is the connection between people and the people you grow to know. I grew to know a lot of great people passed and present as I was growing up out on the golf course. Everyone on the course knew me that crazy kid that was out on the course every day. Over some summers my Dad would leave for work at 7 am drop me off at the course and get me at 5 pm, as I would stay out there all day playing. A golf course is also where I've played multiple tournaments and you meet a lot of new and nice people. One thing about a golf course everyone out there is nice and welcoming with warm arms. A golf course is also where you find your inner anger and it's where you have to learn to cope with that anger and it makes you become a better person. This year really gets me to look back and see where I started and all the memories and where I have come today and all the people and connections I've had with people on the golf course as my high school season comes to a close. Some of my most special memories came from the golf course my first jr PGA win, playing all summer in tournaments with family and others, playing a few summers in the jr PGA league, playing in a memorial tournament for my uncle and his friends back in the day. So overall the golf course is a special place for me and has brought a lot of great memories and connections and in my opinion, has become grow on me and show me slightly the way to how of the person I am today.