Dictorial Leaders | Teen Ink

Dictorial Leaders

May 27, 2014
By Anonymous

1. In many real and fictionalized totalitarian societies, children live apart from their families. Why would dictatorial leaders enforce this living arrangement?

In totalitarian societies, it is common for children to live apart from their parents. Many aspects and influences of today’s and the past’s societies can determine the fate of where children live, whether they like it or not. Dictatorial leaders can be a major influence in this particular living arrangement by many different variables.

In a way, dictatorial leaders and those influenced by the leaders can act just like peer pressure in middle and high schools in today’s society, the social aspect. In this case, the dictatorial leaders pressuring parents to send off their children, making the parents believe that it will benefit the child more than staying with its parents. Also, making parents who don’t send off their child or children social outcasts to the society, coming back to peer pressure. Enforcing this living arrangement, dictatorial leaders can commit vulgar actions to adults without scaring off the children, who can become future soldiers, workers, or leaders, to help benefit the leaders.

In Anthem by Ayn Rand, the society and government is not influenced by individuality. An example being, the government not wanting the people to form “special” connections with others and the people having numbers as names instead of actual names, like Sally or Joe. By not enforcing the separation of children and their parents, parents and the children don’t get the opportunity to form a group within, as their family.