Balance of the Elements | Teen Ink

Balance of the Elements

January 31, 2014
By DarkPrincessWolf BRONZE, Canterbury, Connecticut
More by this author
DarkPrincessWolf BRONZE, Canterbury, Connecticut
3 articles 3 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Weird is Normal and Normal is Weird


Many know of my younger brothers and sisters, but only few know of me. My brothers Fire and Earth and my sisters Water and Air, I am the one which binds them together to create Balance. I am the Element only a few have master and respected. I am the Element Spirit. I am here to tell you, my tale. Many centuries ago our mother and father made the World and then created my younger brothers and sisters and I to create the Balance of the World which they have created. It is how the World, the humans, animals, and everything live in peace and harmony with some danger and evil. Without those two things everything will go haywire if one is more than the other. The Balance is a very fragile thing and needs constant watching. One slight thing out of order and the Balance will start to break down. Our job is to make sure that does not happen. Though there was this one time my brothers themselves almost brought the World to an end. When we were younger, they fought all the time. The land shook in massive earthquakes making the entire World shake and large amounts fire erupted from mountains killing the humans, animals, and plants. The firey path destroyed everything in its path. So close to destroying the Balance of the World we work so hard to contain. Finally after years of fighting they stopped due to my sisters and I finally showing them the damages and suffering they had cause to the World we were to be protecting, not destroying. Working together we put the World back to the way it was. They both go at it from time to time sparing, not trying to kill each other but it does not threaten the Balance like they did many years ago. That is a tale I will share later on with you all but now is not the time. I will share a fact with you all now. Many people think they can see everything on the World. That is not entirely true. They only one who can see everything is I. The others can only look at the area of their element and see what is going on they can see the humans acting up they can hear them as well. Yet, I can look through the eyes and minds of every creature, really everything. Spirit can be anything on the World, humans, animals, plants, even the aura around those things I can be in anything to look around to check on the Balance. Spirit is everywhere you can think. In truth if I see or even hear something out of sort or sound like it will upset the Balance I will warn my brothers and sisters to be ready for whatever is ahead. Although everyone can see something and sense something wrong and they will tell myself and I will check on it, but most of the time it is I who spots the danger. Other times I see interesting tales to tell them. It has been peaceful for many years now. I fear something will happen soon, something that may destroy us. I guess that is a normal thought for a long period of peace.
Now, I will continue this tale from where we are now in this World.

“Brother!” my sister yelled in my ear claiming my attention away from what I was writing. Rubbing my ear dramatically to give her a laugh then I looked up from my notebook, “What is it sister Aqua?” She looked at me with her crystal blue eyes which shined as if she was excited, “You been writing your thoughts, and story in your notebook for too long. Ariea and I want you to tell us one of those stories you have in there.” She said poking my notebook. I smiled and chuckled at my younger sister and ruffled her hair jokingly which messed it up a little. I knew she hated that but I still do it anyways just to make her smile, “Will you give me one minute to put my stuff away first? Then I will be out to tell you both a story, ok?” She smiled and nodded in response. She seemed to skip out of my area going to tell my other sister they I will be telling them a story. It is one of their favorite things to do here because there is not a lot we can do. I then got off the bench I was sitting on and places my notebook and pen away in a small desk draw with a mirror on it.

Our home is in a dimension between the World and what the humans call Heaven. We know the so called Heaven is where our mother, father, and the rest of our family live, yet we have no clue who they are or what they look like. Heaven to us is known as The Realm of Light. As soon as we were created, was really the only time we saw out parents. They told us who we are, and our mission. We have not seen let alone heard from them since. None of us remember what they look like. We only remember a faint golden glow surrounding them. Human would think right away that they are angels, or other holy beings, though they are really beings of Light, except one of our uncles. We know that he is the being of Darkness. Instead of evil, he is very nice though at times he has his moments. Well that is what we think he has never tried to upset the Balance once. Since we are the only ones who live here, we decided to name the dimension, The Dimension of the Five Elements. We are the five natural elements after all. It seemed like the best name. There are seven areas in the dimension, we each have one. Each area has a watery glass like door. Each is a different color to represent us in one way or another. Mine is a beautiful light purple with black marks which the humans made to represent me inside the area is purple and black, it would be what humans would call a large bedroom. I spend most of my time in my area, I usually write down troubles that are going on or tales I find interesting tell my sisters, and sometimes my brothers. The trouble that I write down can be used to help stop future events like the one before. Our methods and plans were already written down, all we had to is make a few changes to the plan and we would be able to stop the problem within five minutes. The rest of my time I am telling those tales and stories to my sisters or meditating making sure the Balance in the world. The main area is where we all relax, talk, and train. It’s like a hangout, lounge room for us. We each have something to do here, and also our jobs to take care of our home. My sisters tend to the small pond in the center with a few bushes and flowers around it, and they take care of the cleaning that needs to be done, except they do not clean the sparing ground that is my brothers’ job. They also have to take care of creating new items, like chairs and tables for us since they are usually the ones breaking them. Since I am the oldest and the one who keeps them all in check and make sure they don’t do anything rash. You can say I am also the leader of us all. I do help out my siblings if they need help. Sometimes, I would be called father instead of brother by my sisters because how I act and treat them. I let them so they are happy, I honestly do not mind at all being called father, since we do not know who our father is so someone has to be the father figure for them. All around the main area are the door to the rest of our areas, standing there like guard and escapes if we need to get away from everyone else. Though the last area of our dimension which will appear later in my tale, which I will share with you once we reach that part of our story.

“You are too nice to them, and you spoil them way too much. You are aware of that right?” I turned around to meet my brother cold brown and hunter green eyes staring at me, “So what, they are happy and they are not using their power to entertain themselves like you do sometimes when you are bored. It sometimes shifts the Balance out of the natural order. We work hard to keep that the way it should be. You should know that Rocko. Besides there is not a lot to do here, boredom finds them quickly due to them being younger than us. It keeps them happy and gives us something to do here.” Before he could think of a good smart ass comeback to say, I walked through the door and look around the main area to find my sister. I didn't have to look a long for them because I saw them chatting a way sitting on a bench near the pond, trying to guess what story I will tell them this time. Before I was able to walk over to them Rocko grab my shoulder tightly pulling me around to face him. It seemed he was in another one of his famous cold-hearted moods right now. “I was trying to ask you something.” He said coldly not letting my shoulder go. I looked at him and sighed pealing his hand on my shoulder, “You can be very hard headed at times. Plus you always want to spar with Flame or I, sometimes the girls as well. You and Flame love to fight, so I never know when you’re going to ask me to spar when I do not want too, like now.” He only shrugged, but I know he agrees with me, “Anyways, what is your question?” His eyes narrowed slightly and lowered his voice so our sisters could not hear this conversation. Something about him becoming this serious, cannot be a good sign what so ever, “I was meditating the other day and I looked out a mountain that I was staying for that time period and I saw large group of humans with many different types of weapons in large quantities. They were camping there, but I sense their weapons that they had another reason than protection. I fear that a war might start soon on a very large scale. Can you check it out for me? It’s been on my mind for a while and I can’t think of anything else. I would go down myself and stay under their feet but I would not be able to comprehend what they are saying as fast as you. Besides, if do understand what the hell is going on down, if it is really bad I may create an earthquake to kill them all. I know you do not like feeling a large amount of spirits dying at once. I hate the feeling of a lot of Earth being destroyed all at once, so it is understandable. That and you always jot down things that are upsetting and threating to our work.” I nodded, “I will. I just need to know the location so I can travel through their minds and see what is going on down there.” Rocko nodded, I could see some tension flow out of him relaxing knowing that I would check it out, “Just let me know when you are about to meditate. I will bring you to the location of the sight.” He walked away and entered his area phasing through his door.
I finally made my way to my sister and sat down next to them. Ariea smiled at me as I sat down getting ready to tell them a story, “Brother, will the story be about Air. Maybe the strong flyers like an eagle? Or how man first took flight?” Aqua poked her side suddenly making Ariea jump a little and squeal softly, “No, it will be about Water and the swift swimmers or how man can walk on water. Right big brother?” Ariea poked her back making her giggle. I couldn't help but laugh softly about how ticklish my sisters were, but when things got tough they were just as strong as the rest of us, “How about the race between Air and Water? There is one about a dolphin and a sea bird?” They both nodded in approval. Aqua leaned against me and closed her eyes so she could picture the story as I told it. Ariea closed her eyes to picture the story as well and waited for me to begin my tale. They once told me that they closed their eyes during a story one time and they could see the story come to life. So since then we have been closing our eyes to see the story as it was being told. I closed my own eyes and began to tell the tale of Marco the Dolphin and Sora the Sea Bird in The Great Race of Air and Sea.

The author's comments:
Short Story from prequel of my book Spirit's Notebook

“A long time ago above the ocean surface there was a sea bird named Sora. He was the fastest bird that flew over the wide vast waters below him. His song of victory sang out to the other birds. But not only did his song be heard by the other birds it was heard from below the watery surface. A dolphin, named Marco, also hear the song the bird sang. Once day Marco poked his head out of the water hearing Sora’s song being sung once again of how fast he was. Marco chattered to the sea bird, ‘Sea bird Sora I believe. You sing your song of being the fastest one above the water. Though, I am the fastest one below the great waters below, even faster than you perhaps.’ Sora sang out, ‘Dolphin, you say you are the faster than me. Yet I am faster than you my finned friend. The strong winds of the sea and my strong powerful wings carry me for ages over the water. How can you possibly be faster than me?’ Marco came out of the water and seems to stand on his strong powerful tail, ‘Feather friend, the wind might carry you but the current of the water and my strong tail pushes me through the water with ease.’ Sora and Marco looked at each other before a small sea bird flew over and chirped in, ‘Instead of saying how strong and fast you are, why don’t you both race to see who is the fastest?’ Both seemed to like the idea. The race was to be held the sun after the full moon. Both training hard, determined to prove that they were the fastest of them all. The day finally came. Many sea birds and dolphins, and many other sea life gathered to watch the race. Sora and Marco waited at the starting line. Marco chattered politely, ‘Good luck Sora, may the fastest win.’ Sora chirped a laugh, ‘Luck, I don’t need luck to beat you.’ A humpback whale came over to the side. ‘Are you both ready’ sang out the whale. ‘Yes’, they both cried out. The whale started the count down and when he reached one he blew out water from his blowhole. Both Marco and Sora raced. Sora looked down to see Marco’s powerful tail push him through the water with ease, and Marco looked up to see Sora’s powerful wings beating the air but also he held them out so Sora could catch the wind to push him to the checkpoint. When they finally reached the checkpoint to turn around, both were very tired and now realized that they have to go against the current they used to push them forward but determined to win the race they both speed off back to the finish line. Sora cried out, ‘You will not win this race Marco.’ Marco was too busy trying to focus on going back through the current of the water that he did not hear Sora rude remark. Sora kept crying out to Marco. Suddenly to Sora’s surprised, Marco started to jump out of the water and back in. This trick Marco was doing was jumping over the current. Finally, they both crossed the finish line at the same time. Sora sang out proudly ‘Ha, Marco I won that race. That proves I am the fastest of both air and ocean.’ Marco only shook his head, ‘Sora, how you know that you won the race?’ Before they could argue about it, the whale came over and said, ‘Sora of the Sky and Marco of the Ocean, you both crossed the finish line at the same time. It was a tie.’ Marco nodded in approval. Sora chirped out furiously ‘A Tie! How can that be?’ The whale only said, ‘Sora of the Sky and Marco of the ocean, you are both fast faster than the rest of your kind, but you two will race and race on but the results will always end in a tie.’ Sora knew he how he was acting was wrong and apologized to both of them. Of course they both forgave him. After that day Sora and Marco raced again for many months. As the whale said each one ended in a tie.”

I opened my eyes once I finished my story. Ariea was the first to comment on the story and her smile was huge, “Thank you brother. It was a wonderful story as always. As you were talking about how Sora was fighting the strong sea winds I could feel the wind against my own skin pushing me away.” Aqua beamed and hugged me tightly just as pleased, “Yes indeed you are a wonderful story teller. Your details can make any story come to life. How Marco was jumping out of the water to help make his was back to the finish line, I could just see that happening. Can you tell us another one? Please.” She begged and pleaded with me, but I shook my head looking into her water blue eyes as she tried the puppy pouty look on me to get me to tell them another story, “I’m sorry Aqua but I have to go see something that Rocko was concerned about. Why don’t you two go meditate and check on your element to see how it is doing? It will be nice to know I will be not meditating alone.” They both nodded and got up and walked to the Garden of Balance.

It is the one section I did not mention before. I did not want to give a spoiler to the story. The Garden of Balance is the center of our dimension. There are many plants such as tiger lilies, lilacs, water lilies, cherry blossoms, irises, many different types of tulips, different types of herbs such as basil, sage, thyme, oregano, and many more herds, there are many bushes and hedges as well. Different types of trees grew tall and wide from the great pine tree, too the small dessert trees shrub. More to the right side that travels all the way across the Garden is a river, at the beginning it starts there is a magnificent waterfall. Even though there is no sunlight here there is always a rainbow over it. We call it Rainbow Fall. It was a very peaceful place. Aqua spends most of her time there if she is not meditating. In the center of the Garden there is a circle dais with five small circles disc on it. It hovers over the river and is held together with silver vines. The vines also hold it down on the ground. A golden stair case helps us easily get on and off of the dais. Each circle had a picture of each element, also they were also painted to be the color of the element as well. Each one of the circles are connected to one another by silver vines with roses coming out of if each the color to the element that we are. This dais is also our birth place, so to speak, when our parents created us. Sometimes we can feel their presence when we mediate, though it is very faint. It is a very special and protected place in our entire dimension. To enter this area of our dimension you have to pass through the gate that leads you to the Garden. The gate is very large it is white and is covered with the same silver vines that hold the Dais together. Growing from the vines are red, blue, white, brown, and purple roses growing along the pole of the gate. Going up the sides of the gate and on the top there are five torches. Each one has a flame each a different color that represents us in some way. It is also the way we know if we are fine. If the flame starts to go out we know right away someone is hurt. The Garden will start to break down and die. The Garden of Balance is the one of the only place where we can meditate peacefully to check to see how things are going. Our power is strongest in this Garden and helps us transfer more easily into the World. Since we were created there after all, it is expected our powers are the strongest there as well. The only other time we can check on the Balance is when we go down to the World to see what is going on and if there is a problem we work together to protect the Balance. Otherwise, we are to stay in the dimension and keep the Balance in order.

When, I got up I did not go straight to the Garden. Before I went to the Garden, I went where Rocko would be. I passed through the door to his area which is half brown and have green. On the brown half green markings of which the humans gave him to say this is what he is. When I got inside I noticed he was meditating. I mentioned that we can only meditate in the Garden to see how the Balance is, but we can also stay in our areas and meditate to clear out heads if we needed too. “Hey Rocko,” I said. He opened his eyes and looked up at me from where he was sitting. “I am going to the Garden to meditate, do you mind showing me where you saw those people at?” He nodded and jumped up eagerly to solve this mystery. “It’s was just weird seeing that many people with weapons. It has to be an army of some type. Not sure what they are up too, but it can’t be good.” He said as we walked together, he was almost jogging to the Garden. We walked into the Garden and headed for the Dais. There we noticed our sisters meditating. Their positions are next to each other but at least ten feet apart. Aqua was holding her hands out like she was pouring water out of her hands. Ariea sat next to her with her fingers connected to make a circle with her hands. Both of their eyes were closed deep in mediating. They were not there, well their bodies are but not their mental state, or soul. Their souls are traveling among the World, but within their element. I smiled as I climbed the stairs and walked to my position on the silver vines that connected the disc. Sitting down in the middle of the dais where my spot was. Rocko took his place across from Ariea diagonally, but below Aqua, and started to meditate, one of his hands were open and straight up and down while his other was a fist and touching the palm of his open hand. I closed my eyes and placed my fingertips together to form a triangle only my pointer fingers and thumbs touched to form a heart with my hand. My breathing slowed down so I was barely breathing at all, letting all the tension flow from my body into the river below to carry it away. Within seconds my body was completely relaxed. Soon enough was I was deep in meditation like my brother and sisters.

When I opened my eyes, I noticed I was near a bush. It was larger than I was. I could feel my whiskers twitch a little and my long ears turn listening. I couldn’t help but to chuckle. I had placed myself into a female rabbit nervously hiding from a fox nearby. I heard Rocko’s voice from the bush, but to the rabbit I was in only heard wind rustling through the leaves, “Hold on, I will get you to the mountain, I have a friend waiting for you.” Soon enough, I was not longer in a rabbit’s body but in a mountain lion’s body standing on a mountain. Rocko’s voice called out to me from a place unseen. The ears of the lion twitch at the voice. I was not completely shock that the lion heard Rocko’s voice call out from a place unseen.
While we are meditating we are able to communicate with one another using a telepathic connection we have. They can use their telepathic connection to talk to certain animals to aid them in certain things. Unlike them, I can talk to anyone who was dead and was trapped here in the World trying to figure out what they need to solve. I help them the best I can to help them figure out so they can move on. I also can talk to any animal I can to help me. Other times I can just take control of their bodies and make them my own for a while. I can also do that with humans. Most of the time I either just stay in the body for a while listening or looking around. That or I am in the aura around everything. I don’t like being in the sight of those dead a lot or the feeling of bad aura that surrounds a lot of places I go to. So I stay hidden in a body of some creature or human being. Most of the time unnoticed.

The loin was not phased by the voice that was heard by the person was unseen. Rocko must have used this lion to help him once before. His voice called out to me again, I knew right away he was in the mountain, the same mountain he was in when he saw the time he was concerned about. “Look below the army is at the base of this mountain.” Before long, I left the mountain lion’s body and was in the aura of the men. Right away I felt sick to my stomach at the aura around them. It was so tainted, almost evil like. I closed my eyes once more before I casted my mind and soul into a nearby man who was listening to one who looked like he outranked all of them. “In ten weeks we will finally be joined by the rest of our army. Then we will have more than enough soldiers to conquer the weak and worthless people of this country. This will be the greatest conquest ever done!” I heard the general shout out to his men to inspire them. The man I was in and the men around him cheered loudly to encourage him to go on with this speech of his. Rocko was right to be concerned about this army. I am glad he told me to check this out. I ready I could tell this was really bad situation for us. There had to be close to a hundred thousand soldiers here. If they started a war and took over larges amounts of land the other humans had it could destroy the Earth they had. That will cause Rocko, he is control of the element, to lose control of his powers and the Balance will become unequal between the five of us. If that happen, the World could end. The leader continued his speech, “We will take out all who stand in our way. No one will be able to stop us. We will burn down their houses so those who survive will suffer living in out in the cold and rain. Destroy their crops and livestock so they will starve. Depending who survives and how their conditions are we may take some of the women to serve us anyway we want them too. That is if I am in a good mood that is. Then we will continue out conquest till we destroy the last one.” Now I was concerned. They are threating the rest of the humans this will make their spirits weaken. Which will make me weak and unable to keep my sibling in line and their powers will go out of control. The leader stopped talking and everyone went back to what they were doing. Back in the aura of the men I stood there frozen, trying to comprehend what I just heard. Looking around I saw many weapons that ranged from many types’ guns and rifles to bombs and missiles. Soon fear set in. Fear for the humans and all life in the World. I feared for my brothers and sisters as well. I knew we had to do something right away before this gets any worse than it already is. Its time for a so called family meeting to discuss a plan of action to settle this problem once and for all. Before I was about to leave, something caught my attention, a darker energy than the one of the men had around me. It was pure darkness, not evil. It did not concern me as much, but I have a feeling it will come back to bite us in the ass. Closing my eyes, I went back to my body back in the Garden.
I opened my eyes places my hand over my chest gasping for air and I was drenched in sweat. What I just heard was very terrifying, somehow I already felt some of the people who are going to be a victim of this massacre dying their spirits shattered. Rocko was the next to wake up from his meditating state and got up and walks over to me standing on the vines. “You never come back like this unless something horrible was going on or about to happen. Damn, it is a good thing I noticed them now, we would have been in deep s*** if I didn’t. What is going on with those humans? What are they planning?” Unable to speak at that moment, I raised my hand telling him to hold on a second while I was trying to relax from the shock I from what I just heard and saw. “We all need to get together, we need a plan of action incase this gets worse.” I finally managed to say. Rocko only nodded becoming very serious, though his eyes sparkle with excitement of the thought of real battle, “I’ll get Flame. I will meet you here with him. Get the girls back here then we will have a meeting about this.” I nodded as he ran off to get Flame. I took a deep breath and put my hands together in the triangle-heart form they were in before moments before my startling awakening and closed my eyes and relaxing into my meditative state. When I opened my eyes again I was soaring over the tree tops. I heard an eagle’s squeal from the mouth of the bird I was in. “Ariea.” My voice sounded across the wind when the eagle cried out again. A few seconds later I heard her voice from a strong gust of wind pushing the eagle’s wings farther across the sky, “Yes brother?” Her voice sang out to me from the wind, “Wake up. We all need to talk about something important. Some of the humans are planning something that concerns me. I am worried about the Balance for this one. When we are done you can come back to play with your friends.” I said with the help of the eagle’s cry once more. Then the wind mellowed out and she was gone as soon as she appeared. I closed my eyes once more now switching from the eagle to another animal near Aqua and when I opened them I was behind seaweed in an large hole in a rock under the vast ocean. The lion fish I was in swam out. “Aqua?” My voice was unheard to any of the sea creatures around me. Suddenly a strong current surrounded the lion fish. Thankfully the fish did not freak out like most did from the sudden circling current around it. The current continue to circle the fish who remained calm and only looked around looking for its next meal. I knew at once it was my sister. “Wake up. Something is wrong. We are going to have a meeting soon. You can come back after to play with the baby dolphins.” I said seeing the pod of dolphins with some babies. Right away the current vanished and the fish started to swim away going after its meal. I closed my eyes once more leaving the lion fish’s body as it gobbled up a smaller fish satisfying its hunger. I reopened my eyes back in the Garden and relaxed, letting all the tension flow out of my body. I saw my sisters who just woken, both of them were looking at me with curiosity, confusion, and worry filling their eyes. Soon after my brothers arrived and are just getting to their positions. “Brother, Rocko told me this was something important was about to happen. Is there going to be a fight?” Flame spoke as he sat down. The eagerness in his voice and the fire that grew brighter in his eyes told me he was itching for some action just like Rocko was when I prove to him it was something we need to take care of. I waited until Rocko sat down before I started to explain what was happening at this moment in time. “My brothers and sisters, we have a major problem at hand.” I looked over at Rocko. “A little while ago Rocko came to me and asked me to check something for him.” I saw him straighten up a little, his eyes seem to glow more intense with pride. “I went to check it out and there is an army forming. Already they have close to a hundred thousand troops. Also, more are coming. In ten weeks to be date correct.” Aqua ask, “What are they planning brother?” I took a deep breath before I told them, “After they get the rest of their men they are going to raid and destroy villages, towns, cities. Maybe try to conquer a country. Maybe the World, who knows? Their intentions are not clear to me right now. Not only that they are going to destroy the land they conquer burn their crops and homes.” I saw Rocko tense up as I said that. Flame crossed his arms angrily and chimed in, “Why must people use my Element to do harm? I mean really, again burning down cities. Why can’t they just sit around a nice little camp fire and sing songs. If the fire caused harm by accident then I would understand of the suffering caused from the people but using it to purposely harm others. I mean really, not that long ago they were burning people at the stake to those who were thought to be witches. Now burning down cities, and the citizens that live there.” I could tell he was annoyed at that fact. It is not every day that an Element gets used for evil. Fire is the most common one to be used honestly, so I would be annoyed at that fact as well if I was him. “That is not all. They will destroy their livestock and corps. Those who escape from this bloodshed will become weaken due to lack of food, shelter and the loss of their love ones.” Ariea gasped, covering her mouth eyes widen with horror, “Their spirits will be destroyed.” They all now looked at me with concern and worry. They all know what will happen if I am unable to keep them in line. They will not be able to control their elements as well. The World we work so hard for many centuries will come to an end and we will all be forgotten in our dimension. Or worse, we could disappear and never know our family or each other every again. “We have to do something! We can’t let this happen!” Aqua sounded scared and her hands were shaking, gripping her dress to try to hide it. Flame looked at me and his words were a little louder than a whisper, “This sounds like we might not be able to control everything from here. We might have to go down help them.” We all nodded at the thought. “In any case, Rocko and I will keep an eye on this army. Ariea, I think it will best for you to start looking for the rest of their army. See how far they actually are and if possible try to delay them with bad weather.” She nodded completely understanding. Ariea has a gift to her Elemental powers, she can create storms as well, and if she wants to make one that will cause a lot of damage she will ask Aqua for help with waves and such. “Aqua and Flame, if anything happen while we are doing anything like if they start a head of time and burn a nearby village you both need to control those fires or distract them somehow. We try to control the problem from here first as we always do. If anyone sees anything they are concerned about tell me and I will go and check it out right away.” The look of understanding told me that they completely understood the problem at hand. With a wave of my hand the meeting was over.

When I dismissed the meeting was over, my sisters got up and went to their little areas the new they heard made them want to relax before they start to work. I completely understand their pain and worry by this. It has been a long time since something like this happened. A conquest is nothing to take lightly, sometimes they blow over by themselves but not if there aura is anything like that. My brothers started to meditate to see what is going on. I decided to join my brothers and started to meditate once more. I was worried about them starting something that will cause this to become a bigger problem than it already is. When I opened my eyes I was in the mountain loin’s body once more. Instead of just looking through its mind I took control of its body. I climbed down the mountain side and got a little closer to the camp. I looked around seeing if there was something I could do to stall their plans. Then I had an idea ran through my head that could either ruin their plans or make it worse for us to try to fix this problem. It was a game of chance but I had to take the chance. Some will say war is a game of chance, and you gamble a lot. You will win some and you will lose some. Sometimes you lose more when you gamble. There is nothing you can do if you lose but try to win the next one. My plan was to get in and steal the map, plans, codes, and/or anything else that can be of importance for them to move forward with this evil plot. If I could not take it all, I would find a way to destroy it. Hopefully if my idea works it will stall them giving us more time to work out a plan, knowing someone who wants to conquer they will just come up with new plans that or always have a fake out on their desk or table in case someone like me would take the plans to stop them. I moved towards the closest sentry near me. I transfer into his body and mind taking control of the man just I was doing to the mountain lion just before I transfer. I looked at the loin. “Stay here” I told it, and it nodded his head understanding me. I walked into the camp and started to look around. After a few minutes of wandering around the camp, I found the General’s tent. I looked around to see if anyone noticed me yet, then opened the flap that leads into the tent. Before I could get in to look around for the plans, I heard a voice yell out to me “Hey! Where do you think you’re going?” I turned and looked to where the voice came from. Walking towards the body I was using was the General, the same man who gave the speech earlier. As he got closer I could see he was a bigger guy at least six feet tall, which towered over the body I was using. “I thought you were inside the tent sir.” I calmly said to him saluting. He examined the man closely then said, “At ease soldier. Aren't you supposes to be on guard duty. Do you have something to report soldier?” From his aura I felt darkness and evil, it made me fell unease and ill. “Well do you have something to say? Or are you going to waste my time?” he bellowed angrily. Which told me he has a short temper, not a good trait for a leader. Before I could reply the lion ran over startled us both and the men around us with a powerful roar. I guess Rocko saw I was in trouble and sent the lion to assist me. Then it ran over to where the man I was in and tackled him to the ground. Everyone around us was completely startled and one started to load his rifle to shoot it to save his fellow soldier. Before the soldier could shoot I transferred into his mind and body, with another powerful roar for another distraction, but more to startle that one soldier, which work well. We then ran away from the camp heading back to the safety of the mountain. I looked back and say the man stand up and looked at the General with utter confusion his face was drained of all color. He was order to go to the medical tent to get check out for injuries and or mental trauma. Before we fled I wiped that man memory of what just happened and raised his body temperature so they would blame it on heat stroke. While climbing the mountain, I heard Rocko call out, “Bro, you ok?” “Yes I’m fine. I just had enough for today is all. Can you watch them for a while longer?” “Sure thing bro, I don’t like what they are doing anyways.” He responded to me then everything became silent. I closed my eyes. Opening my eyes I was back in the Garden. I got up and headed to my area to calm down.

I was covered in sweat from the pervious and this meditation session. I got up and walked out of the Garden done for the day. Walking into my purple and black escape, I walked over to a little mirror on my desk. One of the very few objects in my space beside a bench, bed, a many reading books that our parents left us about the World which rest on about five large book shelves and all my many notebooks which rested on the sixth book shelf and pens which were in my desk draw. Bookshelves are near my bed, each one went to the top of the space which was close to twenty feet tall. That is a lot of reading, but I don’t mind one little bit. I have all the time in the World to read them all. Near the mirror was a bowl with clean water in it and a purple and black cloth next to it. I smiled knowing Aqua just changed it for me. I removed my sweat soaked shirt off and tossed it on the bed letting my body heat cool down before I washed the sweat off. Then I walked back over to the dresser and cupped my hands and took some water and splashed it on my face then on my neck. Shivering feeling the cool water trickle down my back. Picking up the cloth to dry my face and neck. Moving the cloth from my face I was staring at a young man’s face with purple eyes that seemed to glow, hair that is black as ravens’ feathers, with a well-built body that was ready for combat at any second with skin that is pale, almost white. Some would ghost white. I shook my head just thinking that some humans who see me like this would run away in fear. I laughed to myself, a normal thought that passed through my head they would run because I am what they call a ghost. I am a spirit none the less. It is my element. Though when I am on the World my skin tone changes to a humanly pale, Albino. No matter how hard I try I cannot get tan any time I go down to the World. I gave up none the less, I loved my skin tone but I was a little tired of the human’s running from me when I tried to help them. Throwing the cloth into a basket with other dirty clothes, I then threw my sweat soaked shirt into the basket as well. I then took out a clean dark plum color shirt out of my dresser and put it on. I then walked over to the bench that had my notebook on it and sat down and started to write down the problem occurring now.

“Brother…..” I looked up hearing a worried voice hours after this issue started, “Ariea, what is the matter?” She walked over to me and grabbed my hand and pulling me to my feet as if she wanted me to follow her. “Something is wrong….Really wrong.” I looked at her for a few seconds trying to think is anything happened in the time I was in my area, “What’s wrong Ariea? Is someone hurt? Did the army already start their attack?” She shook her head and tugged on my arm pulling me out of my area, she led me to her area. She stopped at the door and looked at the bottom of it. I soon saw why she was worried. The door to her area is usually a very pale blue with white markings, but it was not the case this time. The bottom of it was turning a dark blue, almost black, slowly creeping up the door like water seeping into a towel. “Brother, what is happening? It never happened before, so why is it doing it now?” Her voice trembled now with fear. “I checked everyone else’s door. Mine is the only one doing it.” I looked around and touched the dark blue. Right away I felt something off. It was faint but it was there. “Ariea, last time you were meditating, was there more air travel or anything unusually?” I watched her think. “Umm, not really,” She paused, “Well air travel is still the same but, it seems more factories have been a little more active though, but not to the effect of polluting the air.” I sighed deep in thought, “Ariea, I do not know what is going on. There is a dark force working at this though. Be careful with what you do inside. If it starts to happen inside tell me right away or anyone else’s door. We need to tend to this problem as well.” Rubbing the back of my head thinking first this army, now the mysterious force at work that is turning her door a dark blue. Then all of a sudden the door turned back to its normal color. Ariea nodded and looked at the door worried. I looked at the door both worried and shocked at this new turn of events. As I walked away from her area I started to think more. What if these people are purposely trying to harm us? Do they know of our existence in this form and dimension? Destroying the Earth, polluting the Air, using Fire to harm others, crushing the Spirit on the World we worked so hard to keep control over. Entering my area once me I laid down and closed my eyes thinking. Then I drifted off to sleep lost in my thoughts.

When I woke up, I decided to go check on our newly found issue. Getting up from bed and putting on some fresh clothes, I walked out of my area. I heard a loud crash from the sparing ring that we set up a while ago. Looks like checking on the issue will have to wait a little bit while I check this. Walking over to the sparing ring I saw Flame climb out of a shatter pile of benches outside of the ring. He jumps back into the ring and ran towards his partner, who of course is Rocko, getting close enough to throw a jumping side kick. Rocko read his movements before he could even jump into the air and stepped to the side at the right moment then turned his head to watch Flame fly past him crashing yet again, this time he crashed into one of the bushes I put there to divide the relaxing, lounge area from the sparing ring, or what the girls and I call, their play zone. Flame now fired up got out of the bush and walks over. “No more of that now. Hand to Hand.” He declared. Rocko laughed at him but agreed. Watching them throw their punches and kicks waiting for the first one to get KO’d. I know each one has a special kick they like to use more. Flame enjoys using the sidekick and back kick a lot. Rocko used all the round house kicks that are known, such as regular, inverted, and reversed. He also liked to use the simple front kick. It is short and sweet, yet powerful, he told me many times. I lost count of how many times each one through their favorite kick. I noticed that Rocko smirked and threw in a spinning hook, which landed neatly and clean on Flame’s temple. Flame fell over like a toy soldier, he tried to get up but that last kick did him in. I clapped my hands from the show I just watched. “Rocko one hundred and eight, Flame two hundred and seven. You are catching up Rocko.” I joked around about their silly point system they just created for their entertainment. Both of them glared at me for making fun of their point system. Before I got involved into one of their rants I walked to the Garden, but as I got close to the Garden, I felt something watching me. I can usually tell if it is one of my siblings, but it was no one I knew. How can anyone get in here without our help? I shook off the feeling and continued on my way.

It has been a few weeks since we began our mission to protect the World from this threat. I was asleep for a few hours from a long training session with Flame and Rocko again. They want to be on their A game when we start to battle this army. I did not think they needed to go overboard with their training today, we are about one hundred times stronger than humans anyways. My thought is they want to show off their skills if we do go down to the World to take care of this issue. As well from long meditating session earlier that day with my sister, they were scared to go alone, so I journey with them so they felt safer. I was woken up by one of my sister screaming. I jumped up and ran to where I heard her screaming, Flame and Rocko were doing the same. We entered the Garden to see Ariea standing up on her disc where she was meditating earlier before I had to spar with the boys. Ariea wanted to stay a little longer because there was something wrong. I urged her to wait but she would not falter on her own half because she was worried that something was wrong. She still as a statue, her skin was very pale, but she was still in her mediating state. Flame walked over to her carefully and touched her arm, “She is ice cold. Not only that,” he paused swallowing nervously, “She does not feel like she is in the Dimension anymore. I mean, her body as you can see is still here, but she does not feel like she normally does while meditating. Like her soul is gone!” Rocko and I looked at each other worried at the new problem at hand. “I heard screaming is everything alright?” We turned around at the voice to see Aqua walking over rubbing her eyes. She left before me and Ariea woke up because she hardly got any sleep. I told Aqua to go get some rest and come back when she is well rested. “Aqua, we do not know, but I am going to find out what is going on. The rest of you, while I am gone do not meditate until I get back. I don’t want to come back to see the rest of you like Ariea.” I saw the worried nods as I sat down on my spot and closed my eyes. I was so nervous it felt like forever before I opened my eyes again.

When I did open my eyes, I had placed myself in a red tail hawks body, but I sense the hawk was scared by something unknown in the air. It landed on top of a nearby tree. “Ariea!” the hawk and I screech together. “Ariea, where are you?” I waited to feel the air circle around the hawk to let me know that she is there. The current did not come. I waited and waited for that current. Fifteen minutes later I cried out her name again hoping that she was not too far away. It was a half an hour of nervously waiting before I felt her wind circle around me weakly and almost eerie like. “Brother, I am sorry, something felt wrong with my Element in a different location so I checked on it. I knew you were tired from sparing with Rocko and Flame, so I figured I would have let you sleep some more instead of coming with me. I am sorry. I should have got you to come with me.” I heard her cry out weakly and scared. “Ariea, no matter what I will help you when you need me, you know that. Besides didn't we agree that we would meditate in pairs in case something like this happened to one of you? You knew I was leaving and I did tell you to stay in the same spot so I know you would be OK. I am not mad I am more worried than anything else. Can you get back to the Garden?” The air shook around us as if she was shaking her head, “The air is too tainted, for me, I cannot return. I’m trapped. Help me, please brother.” Her voice seems to whimper softly as she spoke. “Ariea, please calm down can you guide this hawk to where it seems more polluted than normal. Then I will see what I can do to free you from here.” “I will but, you may not like what you see when we get there. It is why I screamed. The sight of where I first went was terrifying you will be sick.” The wind picked up but it was still weak. I started to talk to the hawk to calm it down and to tell it to spread it wings. I would have taken over its body but it is not a good idea to take over a body and Spirit that is terrified and frightened. It makes it hard to control. As soon as it spread it wings wide the wind caught under its wings and carried it off the branch it was sitting on. The hawk and I traveled with the wind to where Ariea noticed it the most polluted, and or damaged. A damaged part of the Element is a very bad experience for them, it is so hard to fix. I only prayed that it was not damaged. When we got there I could even feel it, even before it I felt the energies grow darker and darker. It felt like something was crawling under my skin and biting my nerves, “Ariea, I will take it from here get out of here and go to an area with cleaner air and leave the rest to me. I will call you if I need your help.” The wind that was guiding the hawk vanished. The hawk was finally calmed down from before enjoying the wind, it did not even feel the dark aura around it. I took control of it body and flew lower to see what was going on. As I got closer I noticed remains of a charred city that was set a flame from a terrible accident or something. I noticed little it kept getting harder and harder to breathe from the smoke that covered this city. Ember glow burn in the wood that was left of the buildings was the only thing that guided me through this smoky maze. Honestly I am shocked that Flame and Rocko did not feel something wrong with their Elements, I mean Fire was destroying this city and the Earth which it sat on. I stayed level as I flew over the ruins to see what happened. I had a bad feeling that the army we are keeping an eye one did something while we were resting. Then the smoke and fog vanishes form my sight and I could see clearly. I felt sick as soon as I saw bodies littering the ground, both young and old. Ariea was right about me feeling ill when I saw it. I left the hawks body and entered the aura around in the land and I saw the spirits of those killed and hovering over their bodies. With a squeal the hawk took off heading back to the mountain area I took it from. I only saw very few alive. The concerned of the humans kept the ill feeling away, which I normally get when being in aura so tainted. Wandering over to one of the male spirits, and called out to him, “Sir,” He looked over at me, and when he saw me he became even more terrified, “Can you tell me what happened here?” He only replied to me with more questions, “Who are you? And why are you here? You did not live in this city. Are you here to take us to hell?” I can tell he was scared, most are when you are standing over their bodies after just being killed. “Good sir, please don’t be afraid I am not going to hurt anyone living or dead. Nor am I going to take any soul to hell at all. I just want to know what happened to this city.” The man looked at me and I noticed a few others of those who are spirits look over. As I waited for his reply, I listening to the sounds of the living mourning for those who died, orphaned children crying over their dead parents, trying to wake them up from their eternal rest. “Our city was attacked. We do not know who would so such a thing, but it was not humans who came and caused all this destruction. Who ever done such an evil deed sent many missiles. We are all peaceful folk and were not prepared to handle such an attack. We depend on the government to protect us. One after another I watched my family and friends die and suffer, they did not find cover soon enough. My wife and I got our children to safety before we died.” I watched him look over at two kids near his body and a woman close to the same age, the women’s spirit was kneeling behind them trying to comfort them but the kids did not see or hear her calming words. “My children will now be growing up without their parents love.” His voice was full of hurt it made me feel a little weak. The air was still stale from the smell of blood, dead corpses, the smoke from the explosions, and the burning stench of the buildings. The ones in mourning spiritual energy are becoming weaker. This problem of ours was becoming a huge threat to the Balance of the World. I was starting to think if this gets any worse we will not be able to do anything at all. We needed to come onto this World not only in our spirit forms but in flesh and blood so to speak. I felt air circling me suddenly, “Ariea, I told you to head away from this city, unless I called for you.” Her voice was weaken with fear, “Brother, there are a few more cities and towns are like this one. The only difference is everyone in those places are dead. What well we do now?” What she said settle my decision. “Ariea, it time we officially leave the dimension to tackle this problem head on.” The wind stilled around me. She was completely shocked at my words. “I will get everyone else down here. Go over there” I pointed to a flat spot that I believed was a park, “Start to bring your body here, but do not full come down until you see me. Just to be safe. I do not want to risk anything else.” I told her. Then the wind picked up in the spot I told her to go to, the wind was moving fast so people could see it form into a shape of a small tornado which then took form of a pillar. As I closed my eyes to head back to get my siblings to join us.

Waking up from the state of meditation, I felt someone holding my shoulder and shaking me roughly trying to pull me back. “Spirit!” Shaking my head coming to, “What? What is it?” It was Rocko who was still shaking me, “Ariea. She is vanishing. Her body is vanishing.” Taking his hand trying to stop him from shaking me senseless before I could tell them the plan. Then I spoke to all of them in the calmest tone I could muster, “Its time to leave and help out on the World our parents created and the Balance we work hard to keep in order.” A sudden stiffen went through all of them, Rocko’s grip tightens around my shoulder. The first one to move was Aqua, she went to her spot and sat down and started to meditate. Rocko and Flame soon followed suit. Their bodies glowed and started to vanish just like Ariea’s. I started to meditate again and my body soon started to vanish as well.

Almost falling over I shook my head and was standing in the same city I was before. The purple and black swirl of aura that surrounded me vanished into thin air as my body formed in the World. This has been the fourth time we have been here. The man I was talking to before was with his wife and they could still see me but the ones who were alive backed away in fear. Some were screaming. I couldn't help but smirk. I was standing in the center of four pillars, one of Fire, one of Earth, one of Air, and one of Water, my purple eyes glowed more intensely and my hair was an unnatural shade of black and I wore only a black tee-shirt and dark blue jeans, as well as black sneakers. The first one to appear after me was Ariea, her pillar of air burst out around her sending a calm breeze over the city clearing some more of the smoke. Her white hair with blue tips flowed around her, her skin was a very close paleness to mine, her light blue dress flowed around her as well. Flame was the next one to appear, the fire turned to ash from the bottom to the top settling on the ground surrounding his feet, some ash felt into Flame’s hair. His firey red head with burnt orange highlights seem to glow and he was only wearing a pair of dark red pair of jeans and burnt orange combat boots. Like, Rocko and myself, Flame has a well-built body yet he likes to show off that he as an eight-pack while me and Rocko don’t really care that much. He was such a hot head. He keeps telling us the reason is that he will over heat if he does wear a shirt. We knew it was half true. I saw Aqua’s crystal water blue hair appear and I looked over at her as she started to form, and her pillar of water burst out into tiny water droplets and fell to the ground. The burnt dry land soaked it up quickly. Her hair and eyes were the perfect shade of blue for water and they both seem to sparkle even without the sun light’s help. Her skin was just a tone darker than Ariea’s and my own skin but it also seem to sparkle like sunlight shining on water. She also wore a blue dress, it was covered with ripples and it had silver pearls sewn onto it, and when she moved the dress moved like it was a babbling brook. Rocko was the last of us to appear. The pillar of Earth slowly sunk back into the ground. His dirt brown hair with hunter green highlights hung over his eyes which were shut, his head was also bowed down. When he lifted his head, his eyes opened, one eye was hunter green and the other was a dark brown both very intense showing his strength, and then casually brushed the dirt off his leaf green shirt and his brown pants, his skin was a very dark tan. He was the only one who did not wear shoes. He does when he has to, but it keeps him closer to his Element. Rocko looked around, as well as the rest of them. Flame and Rocko were in complete shock to see that their Element was used for harm and damaged. “What the hell happened here?” Rocko said with a shaky voice. “Remember that army we were supposed to keep an eye on,” They nodded already aware what I was about to say next, “They already began their attack.” Rocko stiffen in anger, “Oh they will pay for this.” I grabbed his arm as he started to walk off to find them. “The first thing we need to do is help this city. It was not that long ago. We can still help them.” We had a stare down for a few minutes then finally gave in to me. “Fine, Flame let gets started on rebuilding this place.” Flame nodded and both of them headed for the center of the city. Ariea and Aqua followed me as I walked over to the family of the man who I had talked to when I first got here. “Children, may I ask you to stand back with my sisters please?” I asked them warmly not to frighten them anymore than they already are. The man and his wife watch as his children ran over to my sisters after a few minutes of thoughtful debating they did not want to leave their dead parents sides. Aqua and Ariea then started to comfort them once they were near them. “May I ask what you are doing sir?” the wife asked me. “What I am about to do I have not done for millenniums.” As soon as I said how long it has been both of them stared at me like I was a mix between a cow, a roster, and a snake, I really couldn't blame them. I sat next to their bodies with in the position I use to meditate and took a calming breath, I then looked over at my sister who nodded knowing what to do. I placed my two pointer fingers and my thumb in the shape of the heart and the rest so the finger tips are touching. My body started to glow purple and the area that of the heart glowed brightly like it was a gem in the sunlight. A few minutes later after I took control over it as string of purple light moved out of the heart touching both the man and his wife spirit and the others went over and touched the bodies of them. The glow soon made the spirits of the man and his wife vanished and the wounds and internal damage were soon healed and the strings of light that were touching the spirits soon touched the bodies. A few minutes later they started to move, their kids saw this and at the same time they both yelled out “Mommy! Daddy!” and ran over to them. Aqua and Ariea walked over as well to help them get up and moved them out of the way. When the other spirits and the ones who have survived saw this, the spirits moved closer to their bodies and the ones alive moved away but not too far away. More and more strings of light came out of the heart and the same thing happened to the rest of the dead in the city. As they ones around me was brought back Ariea asked if those who were strong enough to bring the rest of the bodies closer to me so I could heal them better. Those whose fates were already seal, before this attack I could not bring back.

It took about three hours to complete revive everyone in that city and as soon as the last one was alive again I collapsed with exhaustion. Aqua was the first to reach my side followed by Ariea and the man who I brought back with his family, “How did you do that sir?” he asked, “What are you?” I looked at Ariea who nodded and helped me sit up. “Good sir, if I told you, you would not believe me.” As soon I said that a sonic wave passed over us, the people ducked and screamed in fear thinking it was another bomb. Aqua called out to them with her soothing voice, “Good people please relax and turn around. That wave is means no threat.” Her voice sang out smoothly like a calm river. A few people did and gasped in shock at what they saw. The city that has been touched by that wave was rebuilding and healing the city and the land, to these people it is like a video game loading a new landscape. The man dropped to his knees and tears of joy were rolling down his cheeks. A few other people were doing the same thing. Some had their hands together praying and thanking their God for giving them a second chance. Everyone there became very happy. Everything was brought back to them, their family, their friends, and their homes. His wife dropped to her knees in front of me and with joyful tear steamed down her face then her words came and grasped my hand firmly, “Thank you, all of you, you have given us a wonderful gift, is there anything we can do for you.” Ariea looking at me and I shook my head, “Ma’am I am happy everyone here is well now, but we must be going on our way. There is more we must do, the Balance of this World is coming to an end.” Getting up slowly with my sister’s support, “Aqua, can you go get Rocko and Flame.” She nodded and ran off. The man walked over to us, “Sir, please you must stay one night.” Ariea chimed in before I could say anything and tightened her grip on my shoulder to keep me from saying anything until she was done, “My brothers will be very weak from the energy they just used. I know what we must to is very important, if we must stay and except you hospitality it will only be for a few hours so they can recover their strength for the next challenge to come.” Sighing I knew she was right. She continued, “Not to be a bother we will stay out of everyone’s way so they can start to get to work fixing anything that still might be broken in their homes, and work places.” We saw Aqua walking back supporting Rocko and Flame. They were both a head taller than her and had about twenty pounds on her but they were leaning against her due to the energy they just used to rebuild the city. She did not struggle helping over to us, except when one of them tripped while walking. I smiled knowing looks are not everything, just because someone may look cute and fragile does not mean they are not strong. The man then clapped his hands reclaiming my attention away from my siblings heading towards us, “For the time being, you can all say at our home.” His wife and children nodded in agreement. “Brother, what do you say?” Ariea asked me. I nodded, “Thank you for your hospitality. It is much appreciated.” The crowd that was around us parted as the man and his family lead Ariea and I followed. Aqua saw the action and followed us still supporting Flame and Rocko. As we were walking Ariea quickly explained to them what was going on and they nodded gratefully. “A place to recover will be lovely, thank you sir for letting us stay at your house for that.” Flame humbly said. The man looked at us, “Please do not call me ‘sir’ it makes me sound like an old military drill sergeant, my name is James, and this is my wife Lilly, and my two children are Andy and Maya.” Ariea reply, “It was lovely meeting you all, my name is Ariea, my sister is Aqua, and my brothers are Rocko and Flame.” She gestured to the two guys Aqua is holding up. Lilly looked at her slightly confused, “That only four names, there are five of you.” “Ms. Lilly,” I added in quickly before anything else was said, “I was not given a name, they just call me Brother.” I did not add “or Spirit” because I wanted them to warm up to the idea that for the five natural elements there were ones who just saved them. Maya looked at me in shocked, “Your mother and father did not name you?!” James saw the sadden looks on our face when she said that, “Maya, hold your tongue. Please forgive her, she is still young and has much to learn still.” Maya whined, “Daddy, I am ten years old I am not that young.” I heard Flame chuckled faintly the same thought went through my mind as well. She was a new born baby compared to us, James and Lilly were children. Aqua was the first to comment about the incident, “James, I am sure she did not mean any harm, but we do not know who our mother or father is, we were alone since birth.” We all knew she chose her words carefully, but it is the truth, our mother and father never came to us at any time, except to give us our mission then we never saw them again. We made our own choices, took care of one another, and when we were younger Ariea and Aqua used to call me father instead of brother. I guess Lilly saw my pained expression, “Sir,” she changed the topic quickly, “How on earth did you manage to bring back all of us from the dead?” I tripped over something when she said that, Ariea caught me and used that as an excuse, “Ms. Lilly, my brothers are tired and have been weaken from the energy they used to what they have done. I think it is best of we get them to your house so they can rest.” Never was I that grateful to have Ariea by my side than at that moment. James nodded in agreement, “She is right hun, all these questions are not going to help them recover, them resting is the best thing right now.” Aqua added in, “Ariea and I can help you if needed, we will be here for some time and the best thing is not to be lazy bums and watch everyone do work while we sit around.” Ariea nodded in agreement.

At the house, James lead us to fairly large guest room, there was one bed, a couch, a dresser and a desk. “Will this do, if not I can take you into a different room.” “No, no this is more than fine James, thank you.” I said. James smiled and closed the door and walked back to his family leaving us to rest. Ariea helped me down to sit on the floor then quickly went to Aqua to help her with Flame and Rocko. When all of us were on the floor I said quietly to the girls, “The kids will be curious, I know that. Their parents know that until we need to rest and not bother us and will tell Maya and Andy to stay away from the room, but with kids you need to keep an eye on them, I really don’t want them to see us while we are asleep.” Rocko was quick to agree, “Seeing three men floating in midair after using super human powers to bring back the dead and rebuild the city within a few hours will surly spark their interest more.” Ariea nodded understanding and went to close the window shade to keep out the light while we were sleeping and to keep any curious on lookers from peeping on us, “We will make sure no one comes in until you guys are up and about, and now get some rest.” We nodded and lay back on the floor. The second I fell asleep my body rose into the air about three feet off the ground. Rock and Flame were soon to follow. A light soon glowed around each of us, mine was a light purple, Flames was a baby yellow, and Rocko’s was a pale green. Ariea and Aqua quietly left the room quickly to help out the people with anything they need to finish.

After a few hours, but what seemed like a few minutes, I was woken to the door shutting. Looking to see who it was I noticed the glow became a darker purple. Seeing it was only Aqua I relaxed and put my feet down on the floor and stood up as the glow vanished. “How are you feeling big brother?” Aqua asked as she sat down on the bed. “Much better, thanks, where is Ariea?” “She is with James and Lilly talking to them about what happened trying to convince them to wait for you three to wake up before we tell them who we are if we are going to tell them.” Aqua said softly not to wake up Rocko or Flame. Looking around, I noticed the glow on Flame turned a firey red and Rocko’s glow is a mix between dirt brown and a hunter green. “They will be waking up soon. How are the final repairs and people doing Aqua?” She replied, “They are doing fine. They are trying to convince Ariea and I to have us stay for a banquet in honor for us. We only declined nicely and said it would be nice to discuss this with you guys before we made any final decision, I don’t even remember the last time I ate any real food.” She giggled. “Well that is true, being elements really do not need food. I really do not want to stay here more than we are welcome. Beside we have more work to do. You feel it don’t you Aqua?” She nodded knowing what I meant by the feeling. Flame woke up and held his head as he sat in midair crossed legged. “How long were we out for?” Aqua sighed and said quietly, “Five hours, it’s after dark all the kids are in bed and the adult are finishing up for the night.” “Five Hours?!?!?!” Flame and I said at the same time then stared at each other. We were both shocked at the time frame. It usually takes us two and half hours to regain our energy we lost, it was double the time. Aqua nodded again, “We were worried, more and more of the Balance is being shifted. Every hour it shifts more. Sometimes it is a good shift back in our favor but most of the time it is hurting us more and more. We feared you three would not wake up any time soon. It took three hours for the color of your glow to change from the pale color it was before to a slighter darker shade.” I looked at Rocko who was still recovering. We had to leave soon to complete our mission. It was the army we needed to defeat and our powers are really the only thing keeping the Balance stable, it was becoming very difficult to keep it in check with it shifting every so often. We all jumped to the sound of knocking. “Aqua? Are they up yet?” I relax and saw Aqua and Flame do the same. “Rocko is still out.” Ariea walked in and shut the door behind her. “I guessing you told them about the banquet they keep bugging us about?” Aqua nodded then they both looked at me, “There are also so many questions about who we are. We finally told them we want to discuss if we want to tell them or not. Some are guessing. I heard demons, wizards, and angels. The one that offended me the most was Devil Children.” The Devil is one of our many uncles we do know, but I read in one of the books that our parents gave us said he was the being of evil. So it was kind of obvious that he was what the humans call the Devil. I rubbed the back of my head thinking. Things like this I was hoping would never happen. “Well that is the human mind for you, full of curiosity. Also seeing Rocko still sleeping means he has not recovered yet. Looks like we might be staying for the night, I really did not want to spend this much time here.” Putting my hand on the door knob to open the door to walk out. “Brother, do you think we will ever meet him?” Aqua asked. I knew she mean our Uncle of Evil. “I honestly do not know Aqua. We will see one of these days I guess. It would be nice to meet another family member.” I open the door and walked out of the room. Walking down the hallway and enter the room to see James and Lilly in the sitting on a couch talking. “James, Lilly, may I talk to you for a second.” James gestured to a seat next to him, “Take a seat. What is it you want to talk to us about?” Nodding I took seat next to him. “Our brother Rocko is still has not recovered from earlier today. I hope it would not be a bother for us to stay just a little longer…” Before I could finish my sentence James clapped his hands and said with a smile, “Not be a bother, good sir, you saved us. You are welcome to stay as long as you like. Also, I know it may be too much to ask right now but we are all curious, may I ask what you and your family is?” Lilly places her hand on her husband’s leg stopping his train of thought, “James dear, he just woke up. Give him some time to gather his thoughts. He did save our lives. They also came here to do something with the Balance, as their sisters were talking about.” I smiled at her attempts to distract her husband from asking questions, “Miss Lilly, no matter what anyone says their minds will be full of wonder and question. I know for a fact you want to know what I am as well. No matter how long you wait you will want to know, but I think the best action right now is to wait for my brother to wake up. Then I think it will be time to tell you.” “Tell them what?” Looking down the hallways I saw my siblings of them walking towards us. “Why are you up? I know you did not recover from the energy you lost earlier today and are still weak.” “And I will be weak still until I get with my special power for a few hours. So much as already been destroyed, I am surprised I am even awake.” Nodded in agreement, “I think we have a right to explain to them who we are or we will not make sense but everyone in this city must not speak a word of this to anyone that is not a part of this community or else.” The tone in my voice grew a bit darker than I expected that it shocked me more than anyone else. Something came over me when I said that, I do not know that I was. The girls nodded slowly in agreement. Flame was hesitate but agreed. “Are you sure it is a smart move? What if something happened?” Rocko question I did not blame him for, he was concerned for our safety as was I. “I am positive Rocko. Our powers will confuse them all. Who we are will confuse them, even more, but I do not want for you all to be called Devil Children any more. It best if we do, and gain allies for this, I fear things might turn for the worst.” He went silent for a moment then nodded. “Then it is agreed. We will gather with the adults and tell them and make sure they promise not to tell.”

Aqua clung to my arm I could tell she was scared. To be honest, I was a little scared myself. There were so many people that showed up for the meeting. So many that all the seats were taking and there were people standing in the back of the room. Our task now was to make sure they understand the issues we have before us, making them believe in who we are and keeping it a secret is a hard thing to do with a group this large. Touching Aqua’s arm to let her know it was time she let go then went to stand next to Ariea. Ariea took her hand and whispered to her softly to her trying to calm her down. Walking up to the podium on the small meeting stage they have in the town hall, which we are all gathered right now, the crowd silenced its chatter and listened carefully. “Citizens of Silent Creek City, I know many of you are curious to who we are. We are not demons, we are not wizards, and we are not angels. Nor are we the Devil’s Children. Now, I will not continue about who we are unless everyone here promises that they will not breathe a word to anyone that is not from this city. Also if you just promise and do not mean it I will be able to tell. If one person does not honest promise I will not share this with anyone. If you tell your children they must also keep to this promise. Now can I trust all of you with the identity of my brothers and sisters?” Looking around I saw people nod and mutter among themselves. Then as one they chanted, “We promise not to breath a word about who you are.” I knew they all wanted to know so I sense every promise was true. “Very well, Rocko, Flame, Ariea, Aqua, and I are the five natural elements, Earth, Fire, Air, Water, and Spirit, where we came from what we call The Dimension of the Five Elements. We been alive since the beginning of the World that our mother and father created. They put us in control of this Balance and the order of everything that goes on. We came here because of the Balance of the World was started to disappear. If that happens the World you know will end, so that is who we are and why we are here. Very shortly we will be taking our leave. We have to restore Balance and restore peace.” The understanding and shocked face looking at us, I then knew they understood the problem at hand. The one man stood up and spoke out loud enough for all of us hear. “I want to help. Anyway I can, please let me help you all with your mission.” Then one by one more stood up shouting out in agreement to the man who volunteered to help up. Rocko walked over to the podium and yelled out to the crowd his tone was sharp and serious, his eyes glow intensely, he was trying to be intimidating to stop them, “Many of you were already died once before in the hands on the army trying to destroy you all. We have been working to stop them, we know half of their plan. We have no guarantee with your safety again. Do you wish to die again? Do you wish to make those who stay behind and worry even more than they have too about your well-being?” Flame came up to his side to join him just as serious, “Not only that we are all immortal and have powers, we can use those powers to be our weapons. You also said you were a peaceful and not use to war and fighting when our brother brought you back. How will you handle the stress of battle if you never experience it before? What weapons do you have?” Utter silence from the crowd thinking about what they said. “You are helping us all by keep this a secret from the outside world. That is more than enough.” James stood up a smile creeping across his face, “We may not be able to fight, but we can shelter you while you are on your mission. Keep you all hidden from the army that you are hunting and that harmed us once before. Come back here and we will be able to help you that way. We will be able to gain fire arms why you are away. You did not live in this city and we want to defend our homes and loved ones as we were unable to do before. We will train, when you need us we will be there to help. They attacked us first, that has angered many citizens and they want to pay back what they have done to us.” Many from the crowd gave an encourage cheer. The eagerness and hope that came from the crowd gave me joy. Their bravery and their determination is giving me a second glance at these people. For a long time, we have been doing all we can to protect them now has switched to them wanting to protect us. This thought continued to run through my mind about the strength of the humans. We have believed them weak before unable to do anything for us but now I see them differently. Willing to step forward to protect those they care about and the World they live on. Ariea stepped forward standing next to me her voice was so calming as she spoke to the citizens, “I compliment you all for your bravery, but going into battle with us is not a grand idea. You can gain your weapons and train, so you can do that to protect your city again and love ones as you claimed before.” We nodding in agreement and she continued her speech, “My brothers and sister will be able to protect each other while we are in battle, we trained to do so, but we will not be able to protect you, at time our powers can get out of hand on certain attacks, we injured each other with those attack sometimes but most of the time we are unaffected by the power, but to you all it may cost you your life. We do not wish to kill innocent. Not after my brother Spirit brought you all back the other day.” Silence once more in the crowd looking at us with determined faces. Then one by one they all sat down. “Your bravery is very honorable. Helping us by giving us shelter and protect you and love ones will be more than enough. I thank you all for your support in our mission.” After I adjured the meeting, I took a step away from the podium and started to walk off the stage it was on. My brothers and sisters were soon to follow. It was not time for us to get to work and we started heading for the door. Maya was the one to stop us at the door in her hand she held five necklaces and held them out for us to take one each one had a symbol for protection. “These necklaces are for luck and safety. Please take one before you leave for your journey.” Smiling, I knelt next to her and took one, “Thank you Maya, we will come back soon and when I do I will tell you and some of your friends a story. How does that sound?” Ariea places her hand on my shoulder, “He is the best story teller I know, Aqua and I love his stories he tells us. They are of real events that happen, some are more made up but have a meaning behind them.” She smiled brightly and nodded, “Ok, I will be waiting for you to return then.” I stood up and walked out the door to start our search for that army.

We appeared near the base of the mountain where the army was camping, but to our disappointment they and all their stuff was gone. Rocko started to look around for signs of their departure or clues to where they might be. We followed hoping to find something that will give us a clue to where they might have gone next. Aqua picked up a broken gun, and looked at me “Brother, look at what I found. It’s broken though.” I walked over to her and went to take it from her to examine it. I froze eyes wide and I felt my pupils dilate until my eyes were solid white. Aqua screamed and backed in away in fear. Rocko and Flame ran over with Ariea right on their heels. “Aqua what’s wrong?!” Rocko asked as he skids to a stop next to her. Aqua pointed at me unable to speak. I was frozen could not move or even make a sound. Flame waved his hand in front of my face, and was the first to realize what was going on and calmed down. “It’s ok. He is in a mental state. He will collapse in a few minutes. What happened before he became like that and we came over Aqua?” She calmed down and held up the gun she found, “I found this broken gun and he went to take it from me to look at it. Before he touched it he froze up like that. Is he ok Flame?” Aqua asked her voice trembling. Flame embraced her in a calming hug, “Remember last time we had to leave and come here, he picked up an arrow and sensed some type of energy or aura on it and his soul was transported to where the threat was. Just let him collapse are we are going to head back with his body while his soul is locating the army.” Rocko nodded and as soon as he did I fell to the ground. Flame was quick and caught it as it fell. The next second I was hovering above the army which had double in their number. I saw the weapons that destroyed the city we are being sheltered again since the first time I went to see them. They were moving northward. I followed them trying to pin point where they are heading. Suddenly everyone stopped moving and a command to set up missiles was given. Two dozen men hurried back to the truck containing them and carried them to another vehicle with a missile launcher on it. My blood went cold in my body. Even though I was not in my body I still felt my blood turn cold. It feels so weird when that happens. I focused on what they were doing and I had to stop them from going any farther with this plan. I went to the missile launcher and looked for a way to stop this attempt. In this form I could do nothing. I knew I was going to get someone killed but I had to stop another mass killing. I launched myself into the closest person and made them jolt like they were being possessed and making his eyes become solid white as my eyes are. I made him jump onto the vehicle and uses the gun in his hand to smash the controls and anything else to prevent them from using the missile launcher again. I heard a shouting behind me. I turn to see one of the officers yelling at the man for destroying the device. I used a ghost like voice to try to not to get him killed, “The man you speak to is no longer here right now. I am a vengeful spirit from a town you have destroyed. If you do not want to be haunted by more vengeful spirit you or your comrades will stop this evil plan you have now or else more things even more horrible than this will happen than me possessing this man. You will be attacked by more powerful being than me. A vengeful spirit, we have made contact with begins that can make the Earth shake just by walking, one who can turn a forest into a pile of ashes with-in seconds, one who can create a hurricane with a gentle breath, one who can turn air into water and flood a desert, and one who can take control of you very being. They agreed to help us. Consider yourself warned!” I then left his body and hovered above the scene before leaving and returning back to my body. I watched an officer walk up to the man and talk to him to see if he remembers what happened. I made sure to wipe his memory of that scene hoping that would be enough to prevent him from being killed as a traitor.

The author's comments:
Another Short story from Spirit's Notebook

I reentered my body a gasp, Rocko held me down to keep me from flailing about hurting me or anyone around me. “Bro, calm down its OK your safe.” Taking a few calming breathes relaxing, once he sensed I was calm and will not thrash about, he let me go and I sat up. Realizing I was lying on a couch in James’ house. “What happened?” Aqua’ voice was full of worry. “I hate possessing people. End of story.” I shook my head. Flame walked over, “There’s a story I want to hear.” I quickly explain to them what I did and where they are. Flame grinned, “It’s now a game of chess. First one to capture the Queen wins and so far we are at a standstill in our little game.” I nodded in agreement and lay back down and placed my hand over my eyes. “Is he back yet?” I heard someone say. Sitting up once more to see who it is. Maya was looking in standing near the hallway. I smiled and waved her over. She walked over, “Can you tell us that story now? Please?” Chuckling I nodded, “Of course, just give me a minute ok.” She nodded and went to go get her friends. “Rocko, go into the room we are staying in and go to the area. Before I left I marked the area with my aura. It will be easy to find.” He nodded and walked off the same time Maya and her friends walked in and took seat on the rest of the couch, sofa, and the floor. Ariea and Aqua stayed as well. Flame walked out after to go follow Rocko. “I have a good story that you girls will like. It’s called the ‘Birth of Hope.’” They all settled down and waited for me to begin my story. Closing my eyes I began to tell my tale.

“A long time ago there were two nations at war. This war went on for many years. The citizens of each nation soon gave up hope for the end of the war and for peace to come. One day a mother gave birth to a beautiful girl. She soon feared for her daughter’s safety in the warring state of the nations. She fled in the middle of the night to find a safer place to raise her daughter in peace. She was caught by some guards near the wall of the nation she lived in. The king of that nation thought she was going to sell plans and important war information to the other nation. They took her daughter away from her and had her executed the next day. Years later the girl grew up without a name as a servant to the king. Though her beauty never faded. Her hair was a light brown, similar to the golden wheat that grew in the nation. Her eyes sky blue which sparkled in the sunlight, and the light of the moon. She was slightly taller than most girls in the nation, and she was thin. Her skin was a golden tan from working out in the sun during the day. The king’s son Ryamond, returned from the war for a break, his army was tired and becoming small. As a welcome home present from his father he gave her the girl. One day, the sun was out and shining and for the first time in a long time it seemed peaceful. The girl was looking out a window and watching some troop prepare to head back out for the war once more. Ryamond saw her looking out the window and walked over and wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her close. ‘It’s a beautiful day. Shall we go for a horseback ride?’ Secretly he really cared for the girl, and loved her. Since he was a Prince he had to marry someone of noble birth. She kept looking out the window, ‘It is very dark out today.’ Ryamond was confused, ‘Dark? What do you mean?’ She turned her head to look at him, her eyes dance with sadness and sorrow, ‘There is another battle on this day. More blood is being spilled on the ground as we speak, Dying for their nation. Lord Ryamond, can I ask why the nations at war are?’ Ryamond started to think. After a few minutes of thinking he replied to her question, ‘My honest opinion is it is for land, my father never told me the cause of this war.’ More sadness filled the girl’s eyes, ‘This war has no meaning. People are dying for two men’s greed. The citizens’ coward in their homes, with no hope for the war to end.’ Ryamond held her close and sighed, ‘I will be leaving in a few days to return to war. I do not want to leave you. You are very beautiful and you care for all.’ She looked at him and hugged him tightly, ‘My Lord Ryamond, I will pray for your safe return. Until you return I will stand here waiting for you to come home, hoping for this accursed war to be finally over.’ Ryamond kissed her cheek softly, ‘You are so full of hope, no matter what the situation is,’ Ryamond smiled and had an idea for her, ‘Hope, a beautiful name that will be your name from now on.’ She looked at him in shocked and tears started to fill her eyes, ‘My name is Hope.’ She was happy she finally had a name to call her own. No longer just be called girl or servant. Ryamond only smiled, ‘I promise I will return you, my Hope.’ A few days later Hope stood at the window and watches Ryamond and his army head back into the war. Weeks past and she was at the window before the sun rise to the darkest part of the night waiting for him to return. On a day like the day she and Ryamond talked about the war, her prays had finally been answered. Hope dropped to the ground her eyes full of tears as Ryamond the rest of the army returned. Before Ryamond went to his father to report what had happened on the battle fielded he walked to his room to see Hope on the floor crying joyfully. ‘Hope,’ he said softly. She turned her head to look at him and smiled warmly, ‘Welcome home, Lord Ryamond.’ He walked over and picked her up bridle style and held her close and spoke softly, ‘It’s over Hope. The war is finally over.’ Hope smiled and for the first time her eyes danced with happiness and hope. Not long after the war ended there were rumors got to the servants that Hope had talked to Ryamond about the war. Ryamond then went to the other nation’s king and talked to him about the war and the meaning of it. So a few weeks later they signed a treaty for peace. Ryamond mention a few times it was her that gave him that idea. The treaty was called “Hope Treaty”. She was the true reason that the war was finally over. From that day, when anyone saw Hope in the market getting supplies for the castle with a few other servants, they bowed their heads to her with great respect and honor. Some even gave her the item she needed for free. Hope could not expect these gifts so she gave them the money anyways. Whispers started to grow to say she was the Birth of Hope for everyone in those nations. When the king heard about what was going on in the nation, he called for her. When she arrived before the king she bowed, ‘You have called for me Your Highness?’ He nodded and waves his hand for her to rise from her bow his face wore a frown. She could tell he was not happy with her, ‘Hope, I see my son gave you a name. I have also heard that villagers bow to you as you run your earns for me. Is that not true?’ Since she could not lie she looked down, ‘It is true your highness. I do not understand why they bow. Please forgive me Your Highness.’ Ryamond walked to the door, he had a matter he wished to speak with his father but froze when he heard his lovely Hope’s voice. He listened as his father was thinking to either exile her, or keep her locked in the castle. ‘I have decided what I am going to do with you Hope. Since people treat you like you are a member of the royal family, I have decided that you will go to live with my sister in her kingdom with in the nation. I will send a messenger to her expecting your arrival. You will be her servant from now on.’ She only looked down, ‘Yes Your Highness. I will go get ready to leave right away.’ As she was getting to leave the room, Ryamond slammed the door open, ‘Unacceptable!’ He bellowed outraged by his father decision. Both of them looked at the prince with shocked, and then Ryamond went over to Hope and held her close to his body protectively, ‘Hope belongs to me. I gave her, her name. She helped stopped the pointless war that was going on for years. People bow to her because they see her as a symbol of Hope which they longed for. Hence why I gave her that name. If you make her leave, I will be going with my Hope where ever she is to go. You cannot say anything against it. Also many citizens will rebel against you. They love her, and will protect her.’ The king stared at his son deep in thought, ‘You love your servant don’t you my son?’ Ryamond nodded, ‘Yes I do father, I do not care what you say, and she will be the one that I will marry.’ The king only sighed giving up the argument, ‘Very well Ryamond, I will let you keep her. The marriage will be alright, since she is actually of noble birth.’ Hope stared at the king with shock, ‘N-noble birth?’ Ryamond was just as shocked. The king nodded and decided it was best to explain, ‘When you were born, your mother tried to flee with you. I now know it was to raise you in a peaceful non-warring nation. We believe she was leaving to sell plans to the other nation we were at war with at that time. The reason we thought this is your mother was wedded to one of the Lords of my land. He was also one of the Generals of the army. He was killed in a raid not long ago, I am sorry for the loss of your parents. So from noble birth you can marry my son. I also give you both my blessing.’ Ryamond was thrilled and kissed her deeply, ‘My Hope, my precious Hope.’ Hope’s cheeks flushed a bright red color and nodded, “I have always been your My Lord Ryamond.’ A few weeks later the two was wedded for all to see. No longer was Hope a servant, she was now Princess Hope. The people were thrilled to see the pride of the nation married to the Heir to the Throne. She continues to stay at Ryamond’s side, continuing spreading her hope to others who need some hope. The people of both nations celebrated their wedding. Hope was not only a Princess now; she was the true symbol of hope.”

Opening my eyes to the feeling of someone hugging me, “Thank you sir. That was a wonderful story.” Maya said still hugging me. I heard one of her friend’s say, “I could see the events taking place in my head like I was watching TV.” I couldn't help but smile but it soon disappeared as Flame and Rocko ran in on us. “Spirit we have a problem. They are about to invade the town that they were going to blow up before you interfered with them.” Rocko said breathless. Standing up, “Its time to leave. If we can prevent this attack we might be able to turn the tides into our favor.” Flame nodded and grins, “Finally some action.” Aqua shook her head at him but stood up ready to leave. Ariea said something before standing up, “What is the plan before we rush into battle?” The question as more directed to Flame than me but I answered anyways, “We stick to our normal routine, listen for me to call out a different plan if something happens. Watch each other’s back as well as your own.” Looking at the girls I continued, “You three, what you just heard keep it to yourselves. We do not need out battle plans going to the public.” They nodded and ran out of the room.

Appearing a few miles between the city line and the army we stood there waiting. It was not long before Rocko saw them coming close then called out, he felt it more before he could actually see it. “Here they come, time to shake things up.” Ariea jumped up into the air and clear wings came out of her back and hovered in the air at the same time Rocko put his hands together like as he was mediating. He waited a few more minutes so they could get closer to us, then all of a sudden he dropped to his knee quickly and punched the ground hard. The ground shook fiercely and the ground started to shatter and spikes came out of the ground traveling towards the oncoming army. Ariea held her hands as if she as meditating and a strong wind came out of her hands picking up lose dirt and sand, stones, sticks, leaves creating a sandstorm aiding to Rocko in his attack. Flame, Aqua and I stood watching and listen. After a few minutes of no signs of attack, or defense I signaled Ariea to stop with the sandstorm. She landed next to me as the storm settled out. The army was just on the other side of the spiked most hiding inside trucks or behind them. Some got into view as I climbed on top of one of the spikes and looked at them. Rocko joined me, followed by Flame, and Aqua. Ariea jumped up and her wings let her hover near us. Using the voice I used before for the warning I called out to them, “You were warned before to stop this nonsense, I see you did not. You will now pay the price for your ideas for this conquest of yours.” Those who heard my voice before went wide eyed and the one I possessed started to shake as if Rocko made an earthquake just for him. Flame was the first to go into action, his fist together his fire sparked to life. Dancing around his hand and arms then held then holding both of his arms forward fire surrounded the army and burning a few that got in the wall of the fire. The action made the troops open fire on us. Rocko nodded and a wall of stone came up from the ground protecting us, “Time for us to get to work.” I said monotone. Ariea took off over the wall holding onto Flame. He held out his hand and fire shot out at the ones who were shooting and destroyed their weapons as well setting them on fire. Ariea flapped her wings to speed past the troops dodging the bullet. Each powerful flap aided in Flames firey blast each time, setting people and equipment on fire. As they continue to rain fire down on them, Aqua and Rocko were the next two to move into action. Aqua was holding on Rocko as they were riding on a giant snake like creature make of Earth. He controls it movement to go towards the oncoming attackers. Putting a shield up on each side of them to protect themselves from the oncoming bullets as well. Aqua then moved in front of him and stood on the head as he brought the creature to a stop and holding her hands out water soon came out of the snake’s mouth and started to flood the trucks and all their equipment they needed to the invasion. Turning the ground into a slippery mud beneath their feet. It was my turn to get into the action, held out my hand and the aura of the fighting men created my sword. The hilt was dark purple and near the blade to short blades came off the hilt and was closer to black than purple. The color the blade was pure black and the length of the blade was at least seven feet it was. To some it would be extremely heavy but to me it weighed nothing at all. Charging into battle to halt the attack and prevent some soldiers from shooting at Rocko and Aqua. With a single slash my spiritual energy traveled across the battle ground and the energy that came out of the attack, traveling into their bodies messing up their spirits enough to kill them without a ton of pain. There are three things I hate, people trying to destroy the balance, possessing people, and killing people. Sadly I have no choice in the matter I hate the first one most of all and this was the only option we had. “Rocko, its time to sink them. Let get this over and done with already.” I called out to him. Rocko grinned and dived off the snakes head near the waterfall that Aqua was making and punched the ground as he landed. A few feet away a large crater was created under a large amount of soldiers and their equipment, right under Aqua’s waterfall. The crater quickly started to fill up with water quickly and those trapped in the trucks or any vehicles, those who got out looked at us in terror and knew they could not beat us in anyway, as if we were immortal gods sent down to punish them. They threw their guns down in surrender knowing there was no way to beat the powerful army of five they were faced against. I signaled Ariea and Flame to come down. Ariea landed and put down Flame who got to work right away destroying their weapons. Rocko lowered the snake head and helped Aqua get down. I did not notice her holding her stomach. “We could have prevented all of that, no one had to die here. I warned all of you that if you did not stop this nonsense you all will face the wrath of much worse, and what we did was nothing comparing to our true power.” I said my voice sharp as my blade which I then stabbed into the ground. Many of the soldiers looked down ashamed and in fear wondering what we would do to punish them for their actions. “What was the point of that conquest? You almost ended the World.” My tone was a very cold and harsh more than I wanted it to be but they needed to realized that the damaged they done. “Now, I will give the rest of you two options. Option one, You return to the places you destroyed and clean it up, help those who are injured and the orphaned children find homes and well loving family and give the ones you killed a proper funeral. They will have hate and anger to what you have done to their families and homes. They will not forgive you but you must help them. If you walk away I will find you and make sure you will not escape me.” Tightening my grip on the hilt on my sword, many flinched when they saw my grip tighten. “Option two, me and my siblings will not be so kind to the rest of your deaths, we will divide you up into equal groups and kill you one by one making you watch the blood fall to the ground until the last one is gone. As you noticed we each have a different power and my brothers love to fight so if you choice the second option I will pity those who are with them. So now which options do you choice?” As I thought, the ones who survived the bloodshed that just happened chose the first option. They started to head back to the cities and towns they blew up or invaded to fix the damage which they have done. Pulling my sword from the ground I held it out and it pulsated three times before it started to glow a soft purple. It then vanished into thin air. I heard Rocko called out to me holding Aqua, “Brother! Aqua was shot, she is not waking up.” I ran over as soon as I heard him skidding to a stop kneeling down next to him to see her wounds. Flame and Ariea were soon to follow and stood behind me worried. I placed my hand over her wound, her dress was completely soaked so was ground under her. It was not blood, it was water. None of us had blood in us. If we were wounded we would leak out our element, except Rocko if he had a flesh wound it would cover up with granite until it healed. We all became really worried because we all known if she dried up so will the rest of the water on the World. I took off my shirt and wrapped her wound and started to heal. If I could close up the wound we can travel back and give her some water. Soon the wound closed up. Rocko moved closer to her and moved some of her hair behind her ear looking at her face. “Rocko, I have a feeling you are carrying her back.” He nodded and picked her up. I followed suit and we started to travel back to the city which we were staying in. It was going to be a long walk back. As we were walking back I could feel the energy of the Balance grow stronger with each step we took. The others could feel it as well. With the growing Balance, we soon could return home.
Back in the city, we had to wait for Aqua to recover before heading back home. Rocko stayed with her, while Flame, Ariea and I had a conference with James, Lilly, and the Mayor of the Silent Creek City. “Our job is done. As soon as Aqua is healed we will be taking our leave back to our home.” I told them. Ariea added in, “I’m glad you are all safe and sound now.” Before anyone could say anything else Maya ran into the room we were in with the remaining necklaces. Her face was full of worry and sadness and held a necklace out to Ariea and Flame, “Please, I want you each to have one of these so you have something to remember us. Please take one.” I took the one that she was holding out to Flame then touched it to the one I took from her before we left the first time we had to go look for the army. Both of the necklaces started glow a soft golden glow which warmed the room. Everyone, even my siblings, watched in awe as the glow appeared and vanished from the necklace. I handed it back to her after that and I told her, “Wear this, you will be safe from harm. Also we will be able to communicate with you through the necklace as well when we return back to the Dimension of the Five Element. Even if you pass it on to the next generation they will protected.” Her smile was so bright I thought the sun was in the room and put it on then she hugged me tightly, “Thank you for saving us. We will never forget you.” The mayor then cleared his throat to reclaim our attention and started to speak, “We have been working on the memorial for you five. It will not be statues but pillars like the ones you appeared in. Not only that we are going to put it in the exact spot where you five appeared. One of the survivors who is an amazing artist who witnessed the pillars being created and the order which you all stood in has been leading a project to make copies of those pillars in your honor.” Ariea clapped her hands and chimed in to share an idea of her own, “Can your artist make the tops a little wider and flat?” All four of the humans looked at her confused about her idea. “I mean it’s where we came from. It’s the gate for us to go back.” Flame nodded in agreement. “Ah, so the pillar will be your stepping stone for you. That is a great idea. I will let them know right away.” The mayor clapped his hands once happily at the great idea that was proposed to him. Ariea smiled. “Anyways getting back on topic about us returning, we will be more than grateful if you did keep it on the down low still. We do not want to deal with people trying to enter our dimension.” Flame groaned leaning his head back against the wall, “Like last time. Oh my god we could not get them to leave for at least a week.” Ariea sighed, “That was during the Dark Ages, back then people heavily believe in magic so they wanted to take everything with them to work on their wizardly skills. This time it’s more technology than anything else so if they get in there the people who would come would have their gear to study. They will not want to leave until they solved this mystery.” James nodded, “I don’t want people to walk into my home that I did not invite or know and started to randomly do test on me or my family for no reason.” Lilly added, “Don’t worry us shouting out to the World about you guys.” We nodded in thanks and Ariea got up to check on Aqua and Rocko. Maya smiled happily and held her necklace and skipped to her room. The mayor walked out the house to tell the artist the plan for the new idea for the pillars. Flame walked outside and jumped onto the roof to soak in the warm of the sun to try to get rid of the scar on his chest from one of the bullet hitting him there. Lucky the fire in him melted the bullet to nothing and closed up the wound before any real harm was done to his body. I also had a suspicion that it was not just for healing. He has before snuck out just to lay in the suck on beautiful days like today. He is most likely relaxing and gathering energy from the sun. He claims he can talk to the sun. The rest find it to be insane and laugh at him as if he was making a joke, I can see he gets upset when they do not believe him about it. I do not though, like Flame, I can sometimes head the sun calling to me, giving me advice to make the World better. My thought is it is one of our uncles or aunts talking to us. I doubt that thought though. None of them have made any chance to contact us since we were born. I still do not know why they do that. It is sad really. I sometimes wonder if our so called family is alive still after all this time. Other times I wonder if they even love us if they are alive? We keep the world alive, so do they still have a purpose to live? I try not to think about it a lot but when I do think about it, they can tell. I get so depressed over it that it ruins many people’s day. Sometimes it ruins a soul completely which leads them to suicide which makes me even more depressed because it is my fault they died like that. It usually takes my siblings a month to make me feel better. Then it takes me three months to fix my Element. If they are alive and watching us, then why do they leave us alone like they are doing now? Why not send us something, a sign of some sort, to tell us we that they are still alive? Or just to tell us that we are going a good job. Not just leave us in the dark. At one point, which the humans called the Dark Ages, which a good name on their half, we had a huge buildup of darkness inside of us, so we casted all darkness out of us to create a sixth Protector of the Balance. He was suffering living in our Dimension so I had to kick him out for his own well-being. At least we send him signs that we are still with him and are helping him, though we have not heard anything from him. We still let him know that we are still there for him. Now is not the time to let myself succumb to the weakness in my mind over the loss of our parents and even a part of us that we had to cast out. Now is the time to focus on getting home, and tending to Aqua. I had to be strong for the rest of my siblings, like I have for years upon years. I am the one they look up to and I will not let them look down on me to comfort me yet again. With my new determination, the thought that were troubling me drifted away no longer a bother.

After the meeting was over, I got up and walked outside. It was a nice day out and I did not want to be stuck inside all day. Walking down the street, I noticed about six children, three girl and three boys, playing. I chuckled listening to them. One of boys cried out, “I am the mighty Flame, my fire and I will protect the Balance.” He then held out his hand pretending to shot fire out of his hand to some of the kids pretending to be the army we fought, and some of them fell over and rolled on the ground pretending they were on fire. One of the girls next to him seemed to be at ease like Ariea is. Chuckling to myself when she smoothly said, “I, Ariea, will aid in your mission brother Flame. The Balance cannot be destroyed. We worked so hard to keep it alive.” Holding out her arms, as she was summoning the wind then looked at the remaining kids standing from the fire attack before. Many of them pretended to slide back as if a strong wind current was pushing them back. Once the last one fell over the two kids pretending to be Flame and Ariea started to laugh. The other soon joined in having fun. I walked over to them. “So what are you guys up to on this beautiful day?” Many of them starred at me in awe. Smiling trying to hold back laughter knowing what is going through their minds that a real life super hero is standing in front of them talking to them. The girl that was pretending to be Ariea was the first to break the silence of the awe they were in. “We were just a new game we came up with.” She said shyly looking up at me. I raised an eyebrow with curiosity, “A new game you say? What is this game?” Her eyes seemed to be praying and hoping what she says will next will not offend me, “Well its call Elements. We act how we think you guys are and pretend to use your power to act if we were fighting the army you guys just battled. Well how we think you guys battled.” Smiling I said, “Sounds like a fun game, and you seemed to have Ariea exactly right. She is always so calm not matter the situation. But when she gets mad, watch out.” The girl beamed brightly. “Really?” I nodded and watched her jumps excitedly, “Ariea is my favorite one. She is so pretty. Aqua is too.” I let out a soft chuckle and looked at the rest of them. “So, which one do you guys like? And trust me I won’t get offended.” The boy that was pretending to be Flame did a few punches before he responded, “Flame, he is so cool even though he is fire.” A boy with red hair nodded in agreement. The last boy shook his head, “Rocko is way better than Flame, he can create massive earthquakes by poking the land.” I grinned at that. It was one of his powers but it was also what these kids thought they had. The girl who looked like him, I guess they were twins said softly, “I like Aqua. She seem so sweet, and fragile like a single punch will shatter her, but strong at the same time. Plus she is very pretty.” The last girl to say something had purple eyes, “I like you Spirit, you are strong and very kind. You walk around with your head held high even though times are tough. You are always there for your brothers and sisters when they need you.” Smiling at her and patted her head. “Most of the things you all said are just what you imaging happening, and surprisingly you are pretty close.” I looked at the girl who said he liked me, “Also your eyes are very pretty. It is rare to see a human with purple eyes. What is your name?” She smiled brightly, “My name is Trina.” “That is a very pretty name Trina. It was nice to meet you.” Suddenly I was hugged by her, I smiled and hugged her back. “We are going to miss you all” She said, I could hear sadness in her voice. I knelt down in front of her and smiled. “We are all going to be with you here.” I pointed to her heart. “We are not that far we can also travel down while we are in out Element. I could be in a dog to a gold fish. I could even be in the air around you. We are never that too far from you all.” I told them all. The smiles on their faces grew bright as I said them. “Will you come visit us as a puppy?” The girl who was being Ariea asked. “I sure can. If I can find one that is close by.” I responded with a chuckled. They all jumped happily except for Trina who tightened her hug. “I have to leave now. There is something I have to do.” I told them. Trina let me go, “Will you come say good-bye before you leave.” I nodded and ruffled her head, “I will, I promise.” Waving good-bye to them, I started walking around again.

I finally found a place where no one attempted to go anymore. Hiding by the forest around me, it was prefect for training. I did a walk-around to make sure no one was here. When I was sure no one was around I held out my hand. Shimmering into appearance my sword reappeared. I stared at it for a few second before holding it straight out at a tree. Aura started to surround the blade, to the mortal eye it would just seem like heat waves, but to my eye it was a soft purple glow. Gripping the hilt with both hands, I lifted the sword over my head and swung down diagonally. The aura jumped off the blade and hit the tree I aimed at. The tree suddenly shattered into thousands of pieces, the leaves that did not land yet blew away in the wind. Taking a deep breath I lowered my blade and closed my eyes. “You know that hurt.” I spun on my heels and the tip of the blade was at the neck of the voice I heard. Rocko just stood there calm as the wind around us. “Since we are waiting I thought I would get some training in. I realized our same tactics will not work on anything immortal like ourselves.” I said as my blade vanished into thin air. He only shrugged, “It still hurt, how would you like if a spirit shattered near you.” Grinning I responded, “Well I know what that felt like cause I used the same attack on the battle field and those who got hit, their spirits shattered. So yeah, I know how that feels.” Rocko opened his mouth to give one of his famous wise ass come backs, but nothing came out. “How is Aqua?” I said quickly changing the subject of our conversation. “She is doing fine. Still needs a lot of water. Might take her to the nearby pond so she can soak.” He said. Nodding in approval, “We can’t return until she is better anyways so just make yourself comfortable. Oh and some kids made this game were they pretend to be us. Don’t take it as an insult, they are just kids having fun and acting as their heroes.” He rolled his eyes, I could tell he was annoyed with that fact, “As long as they don’t make me cold and heartless.” I chuckled, “The ones I saw had Flame and Ariea pretty much down, they also guessed at some of your powers and hit the nail on the head. There are a few that think you’re the best.” I caught a hint of a smile creping onto his face. “Don’t get any ideas to try to teach them anything. Their parents will slaughter all of us.” He could not help but laugh at that, “Fine, fine I’m taking Aqua to the pond now. See you later bro.” He walked into a tree and it molded around his body and he was gone. My blade shimmer into life once more, then I started to go through the basic sword drills, stabs, parries, slashes, and blocks. After a few hours of the basics I started with some sword forms.
By the time I stopped I realized the sun was setting. Letting my sword vanish once more I started to head back to the house. When I walked into the house, Ariea greeted me from the kitchen. I walked over and saw her helping Lilly cook dinner for James, Maya, and Andy. “When did you get into cooking Ariea?” I asked raising an eyebrow at her. “Well its fun and since we don’t really eat I figure it would be fun to try.” I nodded, “I see, did Rocko get back yet with Aqua.” She gave me a very confused look, she nodded down the hall where the room we have been staying in. I headed to the room to check on her to see how she if she is awake now. Flame was standing outside the door like a guard. I noticed that he like to play bodyguard a lot. We all believe it made him feel like a macho man. I walked into the room and walked over to the bed. Aqua was peacefully sleeping, as well as Rocko who was asleep in the chair next to the bed. His head was bowed forward but comes up and bobs back down slow. The only difference I saw between them is Aqua was in a pale blue glow that kept flickering on and off. I moved some of her soft blue hair so I could see her face, then I moved the shirt up just under her breast to look at her wound. We decided it would be best to get her out of her dress and into clothes we can easy see the wound in which we asked Lilly if she had any extra clothes we could use. She gave is a white tang-top and a part of blue sweatpants. When we tried to put the extra sweatpants on her she became so restless, we feared that she would reopen her wound. We put a skirt on her and she calmed right down. I never understood why she did not like pants, but skirts and dresses. The scar was already gone, yet her skin was dry. She needed to rehydrate before she wakes up. Rocko stirred in his sleep before waking up. “Hey brother how is she right now?” he asked his voice filled with worry. “She is in a peaceful state of mind but she is still dry. I thought you took her for a soak in the nearby pond?” He looked at me confused just as Ariea did a few moments ago, “What are you talking about? I never left the room. I just been placing a wet cloth on her head and pouring water on her body. I thought it would be to danger to move her far.” I looked at him dumbfounded, “Didn’t you come to me while I was training?” He shook his head, “I knew you were but it was not me.” We stared at each other for a good minute deep in thought.
The next day I woke up to a shocking, huge spike in the Balance, as well as everyone else. Besides Aqua of course, but it was her that caused the spike in the Balance difference. Rocko was already at her side and is carefully wiping her body with a wet cloth, “She is completely dry and is not breathing.” I could see how tense he was. A gasp next to me told me that Ariea heard, which made her run out of the room. Flame chased after her, “Ariea slow down!” He cried out to her. Then we heard Flame yelling to her to stop outside heading towards the forest in the back of the house. Ariea went to check on the lake in the woods, I thought to myself. If she came back and reported that it was dried up, then we know her health just went downhill. Rocko was working furiously trying to re hydrate her skin. Trying to make her healthy again. I went to the kitchen to refill the bucket of water we been using to keep her hydrated.

The author's comments:
Strange Dream Spirit had

After trying to figure out what was going on with Rocko, or whatever, came to me while I was training. I gave up, it was late anyways and we needed to rest as well. Though the thoughts racing through my head kept me away, I watched over my brothers and sisters as they slept. Suddenly a jolt shot through my head, it hurt just as much as lightening striking me itself. The room got blurry and spun fast. Holding my head, now with a massive migraine, trying not to pass out. I couldn’t, not yet anyways.

Then darkness settled in, but it did not stay long. I was now sitting in a golden temple surrounded by ivory white trees with gold and silver leaves. I got up and walked to the edge of the temple and looked out, now I see a crystal blue lake and a small village type setting surrounding it. “Spirit.” My head snapped around hearing the female voice call out my name. It sounded so familiar, though I could not place to whom it belonged too. Out of the corner of my eye I saw two figures. They were just figures, I could not see their face, or anything for that matter, for they were too blurry to make out. I only saw what they wore. The one of the right wore a golden outsfit, and the one on the left wore ivory white dress. The one on the right also held a pole of some sort. Standing there in confusion, and trying to figure out what the hell I should do to get out of this. Though at the same time, I did not want to leave, I felt like I was home when I was younger. I did not know this place, I know nothing at all, so why did it feel like I belong. The figures started to move closer to me and I stepped back not sure what they would do. They stopped, the one of the left seem to get tense. Unaware of what they are capable to do, I fled out of the temple and to the forest of the silver and gold trees. “Spirit! Please, wait!” A males voice cried out and I ran farther and farther into the forest. I stopped to catch my breath unsure of how far I ran, then I started to walk some more. Off to the side of the path I was on was a small over grown path with, blue, green, red, white, and purple roses all grown on silver vines. Just like the Dias in the Garden of Balance. I walked along that path to see where it went. The roses seemed to move aside as I walked down the middle of the path. When I reached the end of the path I gasped with shock. It was another glass door, but this one was sealed shut and black. It was no longer able to work. The rose vines were the only thing that went through it. Placing my hand on the cold glass door, I closed my eyes. The aura ran through my fingertips, strangely enough, it matched out Dimension’s aura. “Spirit.” My eyes snapped open and I spun on my heels to face the voice that just called out my name again. It was the figure in gold from the temple from before. I opened my mouth to ask who this person was and how they know me, but I couldn’t, my mouth was sealed shut. I was shocked I tried again. Nothing. The figure in gold took started to come closer to me, I back up into the mirror door trapped with no way out. “Brother!” I heard Flame’s voice and I could feel his hands shaking me, though he was nowhere to be seen. All of a sudden everything started to get blurry once more. The golden figure moved closer in a faster pace trying to catch me before something happened. I was not sure what but something was happening. As she reached for my hand, everything went black just like how I arrived.

Flame continued to shake me vigorously calling my name out loudly enough to wake everyone in the house. All except Aqua that is. Rocko and Ariea were standing right behind Flame as he continuously shook me, James’ and his family were in the doorway watching worried. My eyes were still closed but I was awake, though I was about to pass out again from him shaking me so hard. “F-Flame…” I managed to choke out getting him to finally stop shaking me senseless. Flame kept his hands on my shoulders and spoke to me in a soft whisper, “Brother, are, are you okay? I woke up because I wanted to soak up some sun light, but before I even got up I saw you. Y-you looked dead. I…I didn’t know what to do…so I was trying to get you to respond. I slapped you, I punched you, shook you, I even burnt you, sorry about that. No response, I got worried. I kept calling your name each time a little louder, I kind of woke up the house…” Opening my eyes silenced him and made Ariea gasps covering her mouth. My look of confusion made Rocko grab a hand held mirror off the desk and gave it to me. Taking it I held it up to my face, the person who I was looking at was a stranger to me. Golden brown hair, gold eyes, and a light tan now took my place. Dropping the mirror in shock cracking the glass down the middle as I shot up like a rabbit escaping a ravenous wolf’s teeth. My action was too fast and I started to fall. Rocko and Flame were there to catch me before I hit the ground and sat me back down. Maya ran down the hall in panic as Andy and Lilly followed her. They heard the sound of shattering glass in our room that we are borrowing and became concerned. James walked in to help Rocko and Flame with me. Ariea took an extra cloth we had to Aqua who was still asleep and wrung out the extra water from it, then came over to wipe my face down. It did nothing to help calm me down. I was shaking so bad that it looked like I was going to pass out again. What the hell happened to me? Who were those people? Where did I go? Was it a dream or was it real? The glass door there, did it connect to our home? So many thoughts raced through my mind, too many to keep me from relaxing. Flame gave Rocko a worry glance. Rocko traded places with my younger brother and placed a calm hand on my shoulder, “Hey Brother, it is ok. Everything will be fine. Your hair is already turning back to normal.” He picked up the broken mirror and showed me. Indeed, he was right, my hair was slowly starting to creep back to its normal raven black color. My eyes also turned back to their purple selves. Seeing that started to calm me down, enough to stop my frantic shaking. An hour later everything was back to normal and I was able to calm down. Lilly brought me a warm drink, “I know you don’t need this but I thought it would help you a little. It is called coffee.” I took it and sniffed it, the coffee smelt bitter, “Thank you Lilly.” I took a sip to try it, just like it smelled it was bitter, but strangely it tasted good. Taking a bigger sip the warmth of the drink relaxed my mind but it also energized me strangely. I think it was called a caffeine rush, from what Maya and Andy say about people who get very energized by the drink. “I know it might be too soon to ask brother, but can you tell us what happened?” I put the drink down and nodded , I gave a brief explanation of what just happened if it was a dream or not. Flame, Rocko, and Ariea stared at me in shock and in disbelief of what I said. Though at the same time, those figures I saw, I knew them, something about them, their voices, the pole that one figure held, and the temple I appeared in. It all seems so familiar but at the same time I had no clue who those figures were.

Around mid-day I went outside for some fresh air, trying not to think about what just happened. I headed into city shopping area, when I arrived it was very busy with people shopping, hanging out with friends, and some people were even performing on the sides of the street entertaining the shoppers. What a peaceful day, and no one was seemed to worry about the threat that happened not long ago. It was already forgotten, but it was engraved into their memories. Someone shouted out that they saw me and not long after I was surrounded by many people, they praised me, thanked me, and tried to give me some trinkets for saving them and the World they live in. I smiled at their warmness towards me, but I had to refuse their gifts. The main reason was we had no place for them in our home for small trinkets that are not from our dimension. They all had smiles on their faces but they were all sad. They knew we were leaving shortly and wanted us to have something to remember them by. Maya is the only one who gave me something that we can remember them by. That is more than enough, though it was very unlikely that we would forget them anyways. This is our duty to protect this World, the World that our parents created for new life. We shouldn’t be befriending these people, we should have stayed in the shadows after we brought back this city. I somewhat regret every coming here first. The connection with these people is too way to great even for my own being. I can only imagine my sibling when we get back, only the five of us. Sighing, I continued my walk around town.
When I got back to the house from my long walk around town, it was evening. Through the window I could see, Maya and Andy were setting the table for their evening meal they called dinner, and Lilly cooking their dinner. James was on his way home from work. Flame was on the roof again soaking up the last of the sun rays before we got some rest. Ariea was out back playing with some kids that like her. Trina was outside playing as well. I decided to sit on the roof in the back to watch them have fun. I was surprise to see Rocko out there with the kids. Since Aqua has been injured he has not left the bedside tending to her. Trina saw me first and point me out to Ariea, who smiled and picked her up and came up next to me, “Hey bro, Trina has been waiting for you all day.” She said placing the girl down next to me then floated back down to join the rest of the children. “Hi” Trina said softly. I smiled, “Hello, little one. What is it that you wanted to talk to me about since you been waiting all day to see me.” I responded to her in a warm friendly manor to let her relax a bit. “I am just curious. Before I died,” She paused looking at the ground, like most people, she does not like being reminded that she was killed in the attack. “My eyes were blue, a really light blue. Now they are purple. Why is that?” She asked me handing me a photo. Looking at it, she handed me a picture of her family when she was younger. Just like she said, they are a light blue. “That is a very good questions, one that I do not have an answer too. It has never happened before when I healed.” I replied to her still staring at the picture. More and more issues are coming to us the longer we stay here. That is another reason why we need to go home.
After a few hours the kids went home, Trina and I chatted for the remaining time. It was nice talking to her, it reminded me when my sibling and I were still in the Dimension of the Five Element. Just chatting, hanging around, having fun with one another. Even her aura brought me calmness. Very few humans are able to do that alone. Ariea and Rocko went back inside, and of course Rocko went right back to Aqua’s side tending to her. Flame was also inside sitting at the dinner room table telling the family who has been sharing their house with us. He was entertaining them with tales of the past, from the ancient Japanese wars, to the Battle of Trojan Horse. I stayed outside longer and looked at the rising moon, the ivory white of the moon’s glow made me think about the other night of those beings who brought me to them. With that in mind I went inside. Ariea was already asleep from the entire day of play, Rocko head fell back from the chair he was sitting in snoring loudly. Flame walked in, “So two down, two to go.” He said quietly with a soft chuckle. His humor made me smile as he laid on the floor near the window. I sat down near the wall looking out that same window staring at the moon. For hours on end, I was just staring at the soft glowing ball in the sky.
It had to be close to one in the morning as I watched my siblings sleep peacefully. All except Rocko, his face had a hint of worry mixed in. Aqua has yet to waken up from the wound she received in battle, and if I were to guess, he was also worried about what happened to me last night. Those being took me from them. Who were they are what did they want? A yawn escaped mu lips, my body was exhausted, ready to fall asleep. Although my mind kept me awake, if you fall asleep, they will bring you back, the voice nagged me from my subconscious thoughts. The room suddenly became so small, and it got hard for me to breathe. I needed to get into an open space, where I can relax. The best place I found out for me in this World, is trees. Nice tall tree. The tallest one in this city is in the park. I silently climbed out the window and made my way to the park. Once there I found the tree and climbed to the top, well more like jumping from branch to branch than climbing. Once I was seated at the top, I watch the stars preform their sparkling dance they do every night. Each star seem so peaceful, and unaware of the chaos happening on this small planet. They are born from their dead mother, when they are they are so far apart, yet so close together. What will happen to us if we every separate? The cloud that was hiding the moon finally moved, the soft glow made me smiling. Reassurance washed over me, we will always be together. Forever we will stay, this I know.
“Brother,” a soft voice called out from below the tree, this voice I have not heard in a long time. From my position, I jumped down, landing with nothing but a soft bend of my knees. It was pointless to climb down if I knew I would not get hurt. I landed right in front of her, “Aqua, if it really you? Are you finally awake?” I asked, wanting to make sure after my encounter with fake Rocko during training. She nodded and embraced me in a weak hug, “I woke up and saw you gone, I thought I would find you here. You enjoy the moon, Aunt Luna has always looked after you and me.” I hugged her back carefully, her skin felt dry still. I picked her up, one arm around other back the other under her knees. “Indeed she does my little sister, How about you and me go for a swim to help you recover a little more?” I asked heading for the pond in the middle of the park. Her head now rested on my shoulder as I carried her to the water.
Once there her barrowed outfit vanished from her. She now was wearing the dress that she loves to be in, the same one she was wearing when we arrived in this city. I set her legs down carefully still holding onto her incase her legs were weak still. Once she was stable, she stepped into the water. Her smiling eyes glowed as she waded farthing into the water. I stripped my shirt off and joined her in the water. I don’t think a quick dip will hurt anyone. She giggled standing knee deep in the water as I joined her. As soon as I reached her she took my hand and we both dove under the water. Swimming with her like this made me think of when she was first born, and how she would never leave Rainbow Falls. I would have to jump in the water to spend time with her. Sometimes she would be waiting for me on the shore. The other time her would leave the waterfall is to meditate with me. When we swam she would always swim next to me, or those rare occasions when she would race me. Of course being a good big brother, I let her win, that or she would win without my help. Tonight seemed a little different from those other times, she was unnaturally slow with in the water, and the water seem thin. Though at the same time it was it was very relaxing. The peace of swimming with my younger sister made me forget all the issues that was occurring. Soon enough I was enjoying myself and Aqua began to look so much better being in the water. At dawn we finally got out of the water, both of us had spent our energy on having fun that it was time for us to sleep. We went back to the tree that I was in at the being of the night and using my shirt as a pillow and Aqua lays her head on my chest. Sleep soon found us. No weird dreams, or being summoned by those beings. Nothing bothered us as we slept peacefully.
We awoke when the sun was high in the sky. What woke us up was Flame punching the tree. Aqua sat up startled and I was quick to follow. “Well good morning to you too.” His voice was none too pleased. We only smiled at him, then got up and followed him back to the house. When we arrived at the house Rocko, or the mole, popped out of the ground directly in front of us. Then his eyes locked on Aqua’s and ran to her embracing her in his arm holding her close. “Thank goodness you are safe.” His voice was barely a whisper, though it was loud enough for her to hear, and myself. Their connect is special none of us knows if they have a hidden relationship or now. We have our suspicion though. Ariea landed next to me and I could not react before she slapped me across the face. “Ouch.” The only word that came out of my mouth. “You know, your disappearing acts are really getting old, Brother.” Even though she was as gentle as a summer breeze, she can easily become a hurricane when her moods change. I only laughed, “Awe, but it is fun having you look for me, like how you always made me play hide-n-go seek with you when you found the humans playing it.” Her pale cheeks flushed red with embarrassment. “Anyways, now that Aqua is up we can go home, but I want to give her a few days to fully recover.” Each face had a sorrowful expression now, “I know, but the longer we sat the harder it will be to leave. We are not like them, we are immortal. We will still watch over them though. Our home is where out parent left us to complete our mission. Think about the Garden of Balance, what will happen if it dies?” My words are sharp, sharper than it needed to be, but I had to get my point across to them to understand. Besides our job is to watch over the World, nothing more nothing less. I will miss our human friends, we made here, don’t mistake me for that. James, Lilly, Maya, and Andy, who let us stay in their home during our time here. Trina, the girl who’s eyes are purple like mine, the time we spent together was fun. Something is special about that girl, I am yet to figure it out though. Ariea came to agree with me, “Not only that, I miss my things.” Aqua was quick to agree with that. I was honestly expecting the boys to agree sooner but apparently they have found something that holds them here. I could only imaging what it was, their Elements. Rocko enjoys feeling fresh Earth beneath his feet. Flame enjoyed the Sun warming him. They enjoy that feeling. We have only seen them during our meditation session, never really had time to feel them. I don’t blame them one little bit. Soon they came to the same agreement. Maya apparently has been listening to our conversation, she ran out to us and held onto Ariea, “We don’t want you leave!” I could feel she was on the verge of tears. I sighed, “Maya, we don’t belong here, we belong in hiding in our Dimension. I am sorry. We are staying for a few more days until Aqua is fully recovered.” Maya started to cry still clinging to Ariea, who then picked her up and carried Maya back inside. “Like I said before, the longer the we stay, the harder it will be to leave.” The rest of my siblings nodded in agreement. Then we all walked inside to gather the few items we have preparing our trip back home.

When Aqua finally recovered up a few days later and convinced Rocko to get some rest before we headed out. He got barely any rest while caring for Aqua. I went to the area where we arrived in and I saw the pillars set up. They were magnificent and in the right order. The purple pillar stood the tallest and in the middle. Then there was a white and a pale blue pillar which seem to have been craved to look like the Air. The one across from it was brown and green and had cravings of anything that was related to earth. To the right of the one for Earth was blue and seemed to flow and sparkle. The last one across from Water was red orange and craved with what look like flames. I walked around trying to find the energy that will open the gate for us to return. Oddly enough I could not find it. Ariea came over and saw my confused faced, “Brother Spirit, what’s wrong?” Looking at her, “The energy of our dimension is missing. We can’t turn.” Ariea was in utter shock, “We... We can’t go home? I thought it appears as soon as we complete our mission and restore the Balance.” Rubbing the back of my head thinking, “Climb on top of you pillar. We need to meditate to figure this out. The energy is here but not the right one. There has to be something wrong otherwise I would have found it by now.” Both of us got on top of the pillars made for us and started to meditate. We let ourselves go into the energy around us.
I wandered around the aura of the World looking for whatever was the cause for the gate to be closed still. Ariea’s wind circled around me and went farther ahead then came back to circle me some more. I felt her do this at least twenty times before she stayed around me but the wind was stilled. She felt the same thing I felt. Dark shadow energy. The same energy we feel if something is not right. This time it was faint, yet it was strong. Something, or someone, did not want us to return back to our home. Ariea’s wind cried out like wind passing many cracks or holes moaning. She felt it eat away at her as I felt it eat away at me. Whatever this was it wanted us dead. It wanted the World to end. I feared for my siblings’ safety. Then the light bulb when off in my head. When Rocko, or whoever it was that came to see me during my training, had the same energy as this energy. This is now a serious threat to the World. We are going to need help. I looked up at the sky looking for the energy from Heaven to let us know our parents are watching. I saw nothing and looked down and sighed. Ariea’s wind stirred up some telling me its ok. We already agreed they have abandoned us to do our mission. We still miss them and want to feel our parents love. Honestly I felt jealous to the kids in this city. They had parents who loved them and were there to guide them when they needed help. Us

It was a few hours later when we returned to our bodies. Rocko, Aqua and Flame were waiting for us as well as a large group of the citizens. We both jumped down and looked at each other both of us feeling the shadows beating away at the Balance and eating away at us when were in our element but yet to know the cause of it. “Ariea, did you see the same thing I did?” The sadness and fear in her eyes gave it away but she nodded slowly. Sighing softly, Flame soon, as I asked the question to Ariea, became concerned, “See what? What is going on?” “We cannot return yet. The balance was fixed but not completely. Something else is still wrong that we do not know about.” Aqua clung to Rocko’s arm, “What is it then?” Rocko answered for me, “He said we do not know about, but until its fixed we are stuck here.” Nodded in agreement, “The pillars will be the meditating ground for us, and on this plain tell someone that you are meditating, do not meditate until someone knows. Also no more than six hours.” They nodded understanding. Flame sighed, “Where are we going to be staying until this is finally over?” We all had the same thought, staying at James’ home for this amount of time we are here will not be a good idea. “For now we have no choice but until then we are going to have to stay with James if he does not mind.” Looking at the crowd I spotted James and waved him over. He ran over, “Is something the matter?” I nodded, “The gate is still closed because we did not finish our job.” “I thought your job was to fix the Balance, and the solution was to stop the conquest which you all did?” “Apparently there is something still off, but until we are officially done we will be needing a place to stay. We will look but until that I hope you do not mind.” I didn’t even finish my sentence before James clapped his hand, “Don’t bother looking for a place to stay, stay at my place for as long as you like, Lilly, Andy and Maya will not mind one little bit, we didn’t want you all to leave anyways.” Ariea added, “We do not know how long this will take, we don’t even know the cause. We could be for years. Are you sure its ok with you?” “Absolutely, you are a part of our family now.” “Thank you James, that means a lot to us.” I said softly. After that we headed back to James’ house and started to think what as the cause of why the Balanced is not completely fixed yet is. Something in the shadows is preventing us from returning home. One day we will solve this mystery and go home.













I am glad I brought my notebook along with me. This is a tale I want to remember forever, but there is still more to this story, we do not know what is to come. What is this new threat that threatens the World? What is with that strange vision or dream I had? Who were though figures and how do they know me? Why did I change like that? Find the answers in my next story I will share with you all soon, Elements’ Struggle.
Man there is going to be a lot that happens next. With all this excitement the first time around I am sure there will be more to come. I hope I have enough room in my notebook for all of these details and stories to come. I hope you all enjoyed this tale. I am going to share some stories I wrote for my sisters for you all to read in Spirit’s Notebook. I hope you enjoy all of those as well



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.