The Brown Brothers | Teen Ink

The Brown Brothers

June 11, 2019
By HenryD, Encinitas, California
More by this author
HenryD, Encinitas, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

EXT. Just outside 7/11 - Night

Greg had just finished his shift and is walking out of the 7/11 as Paul starts to walk in to start his shift.


GREG

There are two fellas still in there. They have been there for a good hour.


PAUL

So?


GREG

They haven’t bought anything yet. They are just standing there waiting for I don’t know what.


PAUL

Ok I’ll talk to them.


INT. 7/11 - Night

Paul walks into the 7/11 and waits for a good 5 minutes before a sheriff walks in.


PAUL

Good day to you sir. How may I help you? (Trying to be as nice as possible and not raise any suspicion).


SHERIFF

Good day to you as well. I’ll have this bag of chips. Oh and do you mind if I go and use your restroom?


PAUL

Not at all sir. Go right ahead.


The Sheriff walks into the bathroom as the two fellas that Greg was talking about walk up to Paul who was standing by the cashier.


The “tall man” starts to whisper to Paul


THE TALL MAN

Man what the is wrong with you?! You brought a f’ing cop in here while we are still in here?!


PAUL

Yeah… Of course I did. Was I just going to tell him that we are closed, when we clearly are not? Or was I just going to say sorry no f’ing cops allowed?


The shorter man walks up standing right next to the tall man and whispers in his ear.


SHORT MAN

I told you this was a bad idea. He’s probably just stalling and waiting for the cop to come out of the bathroom. F. The cop is probably calling back up right now!


PAUL

What?! Why would I do that? We’re trying to make a deal here? Why would I risk getting myself arrested or hell, even killed?


SHORT MAN

I don’t know man, but I don’t trust this. Not one f’ing bit.


The Sheriff walks out of the bathroom and the two men quickly scurry to the back of the 7/11.


SHERIFF

Thanks for letting me use your restroom.


PAUL

No problem, sir.


SHERIFF

Say… Can I actually buy one more bag of chips? I have a long drive ahead of me.


PAUL

Sure thing.


The Sheriff walks to the back of the 7/11 where the two men are hiding looking for another bag of chips. He turns a corner and locks eyes with the two men.


SHERIFF

Oh my god! It’s the Brown brother…


Before the Sheriff can finish his sentence he is shot twice by the short man. One in the chest and one in the head. Paul runs over to the two men.


PAUL

What the f is wrong with you?! You are just going to kill someone in my f’ing store?! Nonetheless a f’ing cop?!


SHORT MAN

What did you expect us to do? Just let the sheriff see us? We are wanted men you know.


PAUL

...F! This is bad this is so bad! You’re gonna help me clean this up though righ…


Paul is interrupted by the tall man who is whispering to the short man.


TALL MAN

I think he sent the cop back here to kill us.


SHORT MAN

No I don’t think so. He would have already had his gun out if he knew we were there.


PAUL

I can hear you! And why the f would I want you two dead?!


Before anyone else can say or do anything, four cop cars pull up outside of the 7/11. Lance and Jack Brown (the two brothers) run out the back exit while Paul followed. As Paul runs out behind the two brothers he is shot in the face by Jack.

INT. 2004 Toyota Highlander - Night


LANCE

That was way too close. How the did the cops get there so fast anyway? He had to have called them.


JACK

We will never know because you thought that it would be a great idea to kill him. We can't even call anyone to clean that mess up since the cops are already there. And our fingerprints are everywhere in that store.


LANCE

Fuuuck. I didn't even think about that. What are we gonna do?


JACK

I think I know a guy who can help us, but we’ll lose everything if we go through with this.


LANCE

Anything is better than going to jail.


INT. A little Mexican Restaurant called Juanitos Burritos - Day

The restaurant was empty except for two people who are working there. It is Juanito and his son Miguel who are in the kitchen cleaning and waiting for someone to come in. The Brown brothers walk in to greet their old friend Juanito.


JACK

Hola Juanito? Miguel?


Juanito and Miguel get out of their kitchen and hug their old friends.


JUANITO

Hola amigos. I'm glad that you two finally came to my restaurant. Would you like to try our famous Juanito Burrito? 50% off for family and friends.


JACK

Sure thing Juan, but me and Lance wanted to know if you were still in the business.


JUAN

Miguel, make two Juanito Burritos for these two young gentlemen.


Miguel goes back in the kitchen and pulls out two tortillas while Juan and the Brown brothers talk business.


JUAN

How may I help you two gentlemen?


JACK

We need new IDs. We just escaped from prison and are currently on the run. Oh, and does Miguel know about your little side business?


JUAN

Yes, Miguel is the one who erases your past and I’m the one who creates your future. We will have your new IDs ready in three days tops.


BOTH LANCE AND JACK

Gracias Juan.


JUAN

Now enjoy the rest of your burritos. It seems that I have more customers now.


JACK

Ok. Cya in three days.


JUAN

Adios.

INT. The Brown Brothers Apartment - Day

Three days have past as the Brown brothers pack up their belongings and head to the Los Angeles Airport where they will meet up with Juan to get their new IDs and passports. The two take a cab and arrive at the airport at 6:57 am. As they step out of the taxi and pay him he gives them the death stare. Lance doesn’t notice it, but Jack can tell that something is off about him. The two quickly get their things and speed walk into the airport. Jack turns around and still sees the taxi driver on the phone.


INT. Los Angeles Airport -  Day


JACK

Did that cab driver seem… off?


LANCE

What? What do you mean off?


JACK

I don’t know I got this weird vibe that he knew who we were.


LANCE

Come on Jack, you are just paranoid. Don’t worry in a few minutes Juan will be here and we will be on our way to Costa Rica to live our new life! It’s what we always wanted.


JACK

Yeah you’re probably right.


They head over to the security check to meet Juan already standing there waiting.


JACK

You’re here early.


JUAN

I always wake up early because of work. I had nothing better to do so I just came straight here.


LANCE

Where is Miguel?


JUAN

Someone has to keep running the restaurant.


Juan hands the two brothers their passports and IDs as Jack hands Juan $10,000.


JUAN

Gracias amigos. Well take care you two. I wish you both the best.


BOTH JACK AND LANCE

Thanks, and I hope your restaurant goes well.


LANCE

Hey Jack, you better get used to calling me James.


JACK

And you better get used to calling me Michael.


The brothers shake Juan’s hand and head toward the security line.

EXT. Los Angeles Airport - Day

A group of police officers start running toward the taxi driver who drove Lance and Jack.


POLICE OFFICER #1

Hello sir, are you the one who called?


TAXI DRIVER

Yes, that was me. They are in the airport going to Costa Rica. That’s the only information I got from them.


POLICE OFFICER #1

Good work.


The police officers ran into the airport with their guns out.


INT. Los Angeles Airport - Day


FLIGHT ATTENDANT

Now boarding anyone with children under the age of 5 years old.


The police officers hold out their badges to the security man and show him a picture of the Brown brothers.


POLICE OFFICER #1

Have you seen these men?


SECURITY MAN

Oh yeah, they came right by here about 10 minutes ago.


The officers ran past the security line and over to where the flight to Costa Rica was. The still paranoid Jack saw the officers running and hid in a store with Lance next to him.


JACK

I told you that cab driver was acting suspicious.


LANCE

Holy shit they are guarding the plane! How are we supposed to board?!


JACK

I have a plan.


Jack untied one of his shoes and pulled out the shoe lace. He wrapped it around his two hands and waited for one of the officers to get near him. One of the officers walked toward Jack who wrapped the shoe lace around his neck, choking him and taking his gun. Jack jumped out with the gun in his hand and shot the three officers dead. That whole area of the airport had people running in all directions screaming. Jack signals Lance to grab one of the officers guns and is stabbed in the back repeatedly by the officer that he choked out in the store. Lance turns around to see his brother getting brutally murdered so he fires the whole clip into the officers head. He kills the man and runs over to his bleeding brother in tears.


LANCE

Jack! Oh my god Oh my god! F!!!!


One of the officers that Jack supposedly killed fired his pistol at Lance killing him. Lance falls onto his brother and the last surviving officer dies of his wounds.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.