Point of Loving Life | Teen Ink

Point of Loving Life

By MartialBlanc67667676767676, Brownsville, Wisconsin
MartialBlanc67667676767676, Brownsville, Wisconsin

“Life, I think life is amazing because you can learn and make friends, and you can learn about the past.”  Bob is saying that life is the best thing to ask for because you can learn different things. Bob is a person that cares about everything.  

Bob is a 99-year-old man who is 6,5 and is happy all the time. He was a soldier in WWI, Vietnam and WW2and, and WW2. He loves teaching about how to get stronger, and he helps people as a personal trainer. He lives by a 14-year-old named Frank. He has a pet, dog, parrot, and elephant named Jeffery, John, and Joe. He has 273 cousins and has 54 aunts and uncles, and his best friend is the Principal at the school that Frank goes to. 

Bob lives in Canada, and this story takes place in 1973. Bob just got back after leaving for Vietnam. He lost some of his best friends in the war, so he moved to Canada to find new ones and learn a new language, french.  

Bob walks up to Frank and says, “ How is your day today Frank?”

Frank answers,“ Not great, I just got suspended for stealing from the vending machine.” 

Bob says,” I was wondering if you would want my help to find you some better friends, so you can be successful when you are older."

Frank answers, "No thanks, I would like to be left alone for a while. I’ll think about it and I’ll get back to you next month."

Bob says, "Alright, have a good rest of your day and try not to get into trouble.” 

Bob goes inside his house and turns on the TV and starts watching football. He’s watching Super Bowl VII between the Dolphins and The Washington Redskins. Bob loves the Dolphins because that was his brother's favorite team. His brother passed away in 1970. While Bob is watching the game, he gets a knock on his door. He goes and opens the door to find a package. He opens it and it’s a note. It says “ How are you doing?”  Bob closes the door and continues watching the game. When the game ends Bob is super happy because the Dolphins won the super bowl. It touches his heart because it brought back memories of his brother. 

His neighbor Frank comes over and asks, “ What just happened?”

Bob says, “ The Dolphins won the Super Bowl.” Bob starts crying because it reminds him of his brother. 

Frank asks, “ Why are you crying?”

Bob answers, "This is my brother's favorite team and he would be so happy.” 

Frank says, “ I’m sorry for your loss“ and he leaves. 

When Bob is done crying and being happy he goes to bed. In the morning he puts on a shirt with the Miami Dolphins logo on it. Bob goes to the grocery store and gets food for himself. When he gets back he changes and goes to the gym. He starts lifting weights.

Someone asks,” Sir, do you need help bench pressing.” 

Bob answers, “ Sure, you can spot me.” 

The person comes over and introduces himself. “Hi, my name is George.” 

Bob says, “ Nice to meet you, George, would George would you like to come back to my house and watch television."

George answers, “ I’d love to.” 

When Bob and George finished at the gym they went back to Bob’s house. There they watched The Rookies.

When the show ended George said, “ I’m going to head home, I have to go see my wife.”

Bob says, “Alright, have a good rest of your day.” 

Frank then walks over and says, “ I accept your help to try and get better friends” 

Bob says, “ Come over tomorrow and I will help you.” 

“CRUNCH,” Bob was on his way to the gym when he tripped over himself and broke his arm; regardless, Bob would still help Frank. 

Bob would help Frank every day for the past 5 months. Then one day Bob goes to the school and he sees Frank being nice and grabs something for someone. The principal approaches Bob and says, “ Good job on making him a better kid.” 

Bob says, “ You're welcome.”

Then all of a sudden Bob has his phone go off. It’s his old sidekick. Bob then goes home and changes into his superhero suit. He starts to fly to the crime scene and stops the man that was about to rob the bank. Bob throws the man into the police station and the cops arrest him. Bob then goes home and changes into his normal clothes and watches TV. All of a sudden Frank walks in and asks, “You are a superhero?”

Bob turns around and says, "Yes.” 

Frank asks, “ What is your superhero name?” 

Bob says, “ I don’t have one; Would you like to give me a superhero name?” 

Frank then says, “ I would love to. I already have the name, SuperDude.” 

Bob says, “ I love that name.”

Frank leaves and is in shock because he just met a real-life superhero. Bob is excited because he just got his superhero name; He couldn’t choose one for over 55 years. Bob gets another call from his sidekick and it is about a robbery. Bob gets there and then he sees the man that has the money. Bob sneaks up behind him and grabs the man by the collar of his shirt; handing him to the police. Bob talks to the policemen. A reporter walks right up to Bob and asks, “ Who are you?” 

Bob replies, “ I am SuperDude. I have been around for over 55 years, but I have never gotten the chance to stop a crime.” 

The reporter then asks, “ Where are you from, and how long have you lived here?”

Bob replies by saying, “ I’m from Miami, Florida, and I moved to this area 14 years ago and fell in love with this place.” 

The report then says, “ Thank you for your time.” 

Bob would walk home and then get the news, his best friend, the principal, is moving away to a school in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. George then comes over and asks if he could hang out with him. Bob says he can come in. They hang out for an hour. George goes home. Then all of a sudden Bob’s mom walks in and says that he has to come back to Miami because there is a lot of crime going on. 

Bob says, “Sure thing mother.”

So Bob goes to Miami. He is staying in a hotel right now. On the first day that he was there, he stopped 10 crimes. In the first month, he stopped stopping 100 crimes. Bob goes back to Canada to see his best friend one last time before she goes to Stevens Point. Bob then goes back to Miami and stops more crimes. After one year he stops over 1,000 crimes before he heads back to Canada. He visits his friend every other month.

Bob then goes to a very popular restaurant called, Life Lesson. There he gets some spaghetti and panna cotta. When the meal gets served to him right away he could smell the smell of garlic, cheese, and tomato sauce. When he bites into the spaghetti he gets a nice flavor of garlic, cheese, and some nice tomato sauce with a hint of meat. When he is finished eating he then heads home. When he gets home George is standing in front of his house. 

George says, “Hey, welcome back. How was it.” 

Bob replies, “It was alright, I caught a lot of people and tried to help them get their life back on track.” 

George says, “That’s good. Hey, it’s good seeing you, I have to get home to the wife.” 

Frank then walks over, “Hey what’s up. I haven’t seen you for a long time. How have you been? 

Bob replies, “I’ve been alright. I hope you have been doing well in school.”

“Yeah, I have been. I’m passing all my classes and I’m making new friends.” Frank says. 

Bob says, “That’s good. I’ll talk to you later I’m going to go to sleep.” 

Frank says, “Alright nice seeing you.”

Bob would talk to George and Frank for the rest of his life. He would help the police with crimes. Bob would go to visit his friend every month. Bob would learn during that time that he has a kid that also has his powers. Bob would live the rest of his life with his son. Bob and his son would stop crime all over the world.