A Not-So-Jolly Mystery | Teen Ink

A Not-So-Jolly Mystery

By ekoparan, Sherborn, Massachusetts
ekoparan, Sherborn, Massachusetts

Summary:

Lia answers a math problem correctly and gets to grab a piece of candy from her math teacher's candy basket. She chooses to grab a Jolly Rancher. She is overjoyed and could not be more proud of herself. She places it on her desk and puts some things in her pocket. She goes to the bathroom and when she comes back, her Jolly Rancher is not there. She gets outraged and wants to receive justice. She decides she will start interrogating people. She asks her friend Gia if she saw anybody grab something from her desk. Her friend refers her to two more people, Glen and Sam. Glen is not of any use, but when she interviews Sam, she finds out that Stella, a girl sitting by her desk grabbed something off of her desk. Her suspicion is affirmed when Sam's friend Joel also mentions he saw her. She lashes out at Stella and gets increasingly mad at her. She tells her teacher who doesn't want her to jump to conclusions and instead lets her grab another piece of candy. Once the class is over, she heads her way over to lunch and reaches into her pocket. However, lying there in her pocket, she finds the Jolly Rancher she was fussing over and causing trouble for there the entire time.

Tags: School

Elif K.

A Not-So-Jolly Mystery