Unfinished Pieces | Teen Ink

Unfinished Pieces

By System_Error_26 PLATINUM, Edmond, Oklahoma
System_Error_26 PLATINUM, Edmond, Oklahoma

"When we're born we cry, because we feel the pain of living for the first time."- Alice C.

"Always be yourself... Unless you can be Batman. Be Batman."- Andy Biersack

"No matter how hard you try, you can never tame a wild spirit!"- CC

"I am not a monster, I am but a man."- Ronnie Radke

"Suicide is not cowardly! I'll tell you what's cowardly... treating someone so badly that they want to take their own life!"- Ashley Purdy

"I'm an artist and I make art-arty-art-art!"- Andy Biersack

"I'm TOP 'Stressed Out' what does that mean? I'm a rap fiend with a bad lead..."- NF

"I GOT A JAR OF DIRT AND GUESS WHAT'S INSIDE IT!!!"- Johnny Depp

Author's note:

I have been writing- songs, poetry, books, stories, etc.- for over three years and I have some stories that I didn't know what to do with so I did this!

Uhhh as you can see i wrote this in 8th grade so it's not the best...

~ The lonely boy~

*Grade 8*

There once was a  boy and he was very happy!  But one day the boy was looking very sad, his friends asked him what was wrong, but he just ignored them. He didn’t want to hurt them. And he knew that if he told them what was going on, they would be hurt. So, the boy stayed quiet. The boy’s friends realized that he would not tell them what he was sad about , so they just left him alone. Before long, the friends had drifted apart, and they no longer talked to one another.

~Five years later…~

I am Thomas and I abandoned my friends to protect them five years ago. As a result, I was brought to one of the concentration camps in Germany, I am Hitler’s son, and my name is Thomas. 

The village
My name is Thomas. I was born five years before the reign of Adolf Hitler. Everything wasn’t perfect , but at least we weren’t starving to death or being slaughtered because of our hair and eye color. We were treated like humans. All of that changed when Hitler gained control. I can still remember the day that they killed my family. They marched into my village and killed them. Hundreds of people dead. I was the only survivor, but I would have rather died. I still don’t know why he let  me live. I don’t have blonde hair, or blue eyes. I have black hair and grey eyes! Why did he let ME live?! Well , I didn’t think about it long, because soon Hitler himself answered my question. He wanted me as his son cause I was “special”. I don’t know what he meant by “special” , but I’m just an ordinary boy. Aren’t I?

The next thing that I know is, I was introduced to my new “mom”. So apparently Adolf Hitler is now my new “father”.  My new name is Thomas Hitler. “Tomorrow you’ll meet your sister.” (H) “M-my sister?” (M) “yes your sister.”(H). What does he mean by my sister? Is Alia still alive? But I saw her die right in front of me! What the hell does he mean by my sister?! “ALIA IS DEAD!!!!!!”. “Alia is not your sister.”. “WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!”. “She was never your sister Thomas.”. “YOU MUST HAVE A DEATHWISH.”. “We all die in the end don’t we?”. “YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!!!”. “Look kid, you’re my son now, and as of today, Alia never even existed.”. “I’m gonna kill you if it’s the last thing that I do!”. “How are you gonna do that if you’re in a straight jacket?”. “I have friends..”. “Oh really??”. “Yep. and boy do they hate you!”. 

It was 5am when he woke me up.  “What time is it?”. “Time to get up”. “That’s not what I meant.”. I hate this “new life” that I’ve been given. My old life was just ripped away from me, and I was left to become Hitler’s son! Why me? Why am I “special”? I don’t understand why he wants me to meet my “sister”, she won’t be living with me so, it doesn’t make sense. Maybe when I meet her, she’ll explain what the heck is going on.. 

~Alia~

Alia always knew what to tell me when I was stressed out. But now I have to deal with the stress on my own. *flashback*   “Hey Thomas! What’s wrong?. “Nothing”. “I know when you’re lying to me Tommy!”.  “You don’t even know me!”.   I don’t know why I was so mad that day. Whatever it was , it made me snap at my best friend. “I-i’m so sorry Alia! I don’t know what got into me!”. That was a lie..I knew exactly what I was upset about.  And I also know that she too knows why I’m upset. “I know you’re upset about father and mother, but you have to pull yourself together. You need to stay strong.”. “He killed our mother!” I said angrily. “No he didn’t.”. She never really believed that father did anything wrong, but he did. Father was always her favorite anyway. Not me though, mother was my favorite,she was always nice to me. Even when I was disrespectful towards her. Father hated me. He never loved me and he never loved my mother. He was evil. Not only did father kill my mother, he was always hitting her too. He didn’t stop there though, because after my mother was gone, he would beat me  when I came home. He would beat me, but he would rape my sister. And I’m pretty sure that Alia got the worst of my father’s rage.

Honestly she got the worst punishment when she did something wrong. She would be left without food, and water. On top of that, she was left in the cellor for three days or more. Me, I was just beat and that was it. I think our father really did hate Alia more than he hated me. *present day* 

My name is Alia Escabar and this is the story of how I survived. My brother, Elijah Escabar, was always a little off. I never knew exactly what it was about him, but it never failed, I was always uncomfortable around him. Perhaps it was the endless voids he had, where his eyes should have been. Or maybe it was the dull look he always had. Whatever it was, it always kept me from becoming close to him. 

My brother was very strange growing up. And I don't mean he would play with dolls instead of toy cars. He would stare at people and mumble random, at times, unrecognizable words.  And there was one night that I’ll never be able to forget. 

Elijah and I were about to go to bed when we heard a strange noise. So, being the curious children we were, we went to figure out where the noise was coming from. We went down the stairs, into the kitchen. The noise getting progressively louder and louder as we went farther into the old house. Eventually we reached the basement. The noise was almost recognizable now.  

Being the older sister, I told Elijah to stay by the door while I went down the basement stairs. The basement was not much different than the cellor, other than the absence of the chains and whips that I am so familiar with. The tile floor was cold under my feet, cold and wet. I looked into the darkness and sat there for a minute, letting my eyes adjust. When my eyes did adjust, I looked around the room. 

In the corner there was a washing machine and a dryer. Along the wall, was a shrine of different pictures of different people, all connected by different colored strings all leading to the same location, the house. “Jeez, whoever lived here before us was a little obsessed..”, I shouted up the stairs. Elijah came down the stairs, “what do you mean?”. I pointed at the wall. Elijah stared at the wall amazed by what he saw. 

While Elijah was starring at the wall, I looked around the dark room. “I’m gonna go get a light”. “Ok”. I went up the stairs, walked into the kitchen and grabbed the lantern we kept on the counter. Then, out of nowhere,  I heard a scream. *scream* I ran down the stairs into the basement and ran to elijah. When I got to Elijah, he was lying on the floor in a puddle of his own blood.. He had hit his head on the walls really really hard over and over again until he was almost dead. 

1:00 am-

“It's 1:00 am, and again I hear a knock at my door. They won't go away.  They show up on their own, and then they don't want to leave. So I have to force them. '' “Who are they ?” a voice asked from the other room.

“They are your worst nightmare. The person trapped in the mirror. The monster under your bed. They are the thoughts that keep you awake at night. The voice in your head”.

“What do you mean?” the voice asked. “I mean that they can’t be escaped. They will always find you. They are the things that you fear most.”, I stated with no emotion.

A man I had never seen before, opened the cell door and walked in. “you don’t wanna come near me.” I whispered. “And what makes you say that Philipe?”, the strange man asked. “Many people walk in here and don't walk back out.”, I said while looking at the man in the eyes. “You wouldn’t hurt me.”, the man chuckled, “You can’t.”. 

I looked at the man and just closed my eyes. I was waiting for her. I was waiting for the woman in red to show up. She always shows up when we have these “talks”. I think it's because she likes to hear about our suffering. She likes to remember our pain.

I think she likes to tell our stories to the others. “Philipe!”, the lady sang cheerfully as if she were happy to see me. “Do we have to have another talk today?”, I asked. “Why of course we do!”she exclaimed. I rolled my eyes. “Don’t you like talking to me?”, she asked. “No I hate these talks. They’re idiotic.” I said while looking at Jacob. 

“You should respect your elders, Philipe!” she yelled, while forcing me to look at her. I spat at her face. “YOU STUPID LITTLE GIRL!”, she yelled. She then kicked me as if to say ‘I own you’. I hated that woman. She was always in my business. She never left me alone. It's like she felt that she needed to be there, but I knew she was just making money off of me.

I didn't hate her  because she never left, but because she was always there. I knew eventually that one day I would hurt her. but I didn't want to. see that's the thing about this, you don't get to choose who you hurt and who you don't. you don't get to choose when you hurt them. you have no choices. I guess that's the thing that gets to us. the fact that we can't control ourselves. if half of the people could see what we go through, I'm sure they would say that we are not crazy. it's just a matter of time until we take over. but for now I guess we just have to struggle and wait for the future, and for the War to begin. 

it's been 17 hours since the last that I heard from John. I'm getting worried. what if he's hurt? what if he needs my help? What if they're experimenting on him again? I can't take this, I need to find out where he is.

Day 7 - The experiment,

They told us that we wouldn't make it until the end but they were wrong they always were. They always doubted us. Never believed us. Never believed what we could do.. that is until one of us escaped. 

We heard about it this morning, when all the guards were yelling. They tried to shoot him but John still got away. He always was smarter than us.   He was smaller than the rest of us but he sure was strong. They shot him in the leg, but he still ran.

The   guards thought that they could win but they were dead wrong. I thought that we  were stupid, but again they were wrong. that just goes to show you that if you doubt us we can catch you off-guard. Well, this has been day 7 The Experiment. I'm not going to give up yet. we'll see what happens tomorrow. goodbye... For now.

It's been eight days since I talked to the woman in red. Maybe she finally found someone else to torture. Maybe she had finally decided that she heard enough stories.

“Red Coats”

They took everything from us. They took our money, family, homes and even our names. So many of us were left without hope. Many of us just gave up fighting the red coats. We gave up on fighting for our lives. We gave up fighting in general.  

If I could go back in time, i’d stop myself from ever hurting anyone. I would tell myself not to fight them. But I don't have a time-machine so that's out of the picture.

Actually I could if I wanted to, but that would be a mistake. I would regret it instantly.  Because after all it was my mistakes that led me here. It was my mistakes that led me to John, the love of my life. Ugh today is his birthday, but he isn't here. 

I haven’t talked to John since he escaped. I’m still mad at him, yet I’m proud of him. He’s the only one that has been able to escape this damned place. This-this place of pain and anger. I wish he would have told me that he was leaving. He was smart not to though. 

He knew I would have hurt him. I can’t control my “ability”. They say that I am “special”, that I’m one of the most amazing “specimens”. What she meant by that, i have no clue. What I do know is that i need to find a way out of here if i'm gonna survive. 

If only John had told us how he was going to escape, then I would have somewhat of an idea of how to do this. I need to find Ali, Jake,AJ , and Malekei and let them know what I'm planning.

Courtyard-

When I walked out onto the courtyard Jake was under the old willow tree reading a book. He was wearing a red hoodie, ripped jeans and white sneakers. 

Ali was sitting against the wall drawing, and singing. I honestly don't know how that girl is always so happy, considering the fact that she is constantly being experimented on. 

(Aj is trans) AJ was in the same spot as always, the top of the hill. She was singing the song impossible, I guess she is trying to keep hope. Hope is a good thing to have in these situations I guess. 

Cigarette in hand,  Malekei was standing against the concrete walls that the guards called a fence. He was always causing trouble. Getting into fights is what he did for fun, he's always been a bully to everyone, except.. He was never mean to me. He was always kind, and understanding. It's almost as if he was a totally different person around me than he was with everyone else. 

I talked to Malekei first since I knew he would automatically want to join in. “ hey Mal, you wanna do something that could get us killed?”, I asked him. “Meh”, he replied, shrugging his shoulders. This was not like malekei at all. “What do you mean ‘meh'’”?I asked, surprised. “I mean I'll do it if you are doing it, but if you're not, then count me out.”, he replied with a shrug. “Is everything alright mal?”, I asked walking towards him. “You wouldnt understand moy drakon.”, he sighed. “Try me”. He sighed and walked towards me, leaving his cigarette on the ground where he had stood. “We have been here for 10 years, i have trusted you and helped you every chance i got. And yet, you still don't see it.”, he said, a bit agitated. “See what, mal?”, I asked puzzled. “You continue searching for a guy that will treat you like a queen, but you don't see that everything you're looking for is right in front of you. Ya see moy drakon, im everything you've sought in guys. And more.”, he replied with his head down.

“What are you saying?”, I asked. “UGH!! I've been there for you since day one! I am the person that stands up for you- {FLASHBACK} ~ “Эй, посмотри, кто это, тупая французская девушка.”. At that moment maleki stood up, and slowly walked towards the guy on the other side of the hall. If you were around Malakei at that time , people say, you could feel the rage of a sleeping dragon radiating off him. “На твоем месте я бы с ней не связывался.”, malekei stated in a low growl. ~ { PRESENT} - I'm the person that makes sure you get food to eat everyday!”, he said angrily.  “I don't know what you are trying to say, mal!”, I yelled. “I'm saying i love you!” he roared. “How come you're just telling me this?”, I questioned him. “I am tired of hiding how i feel, i always felt small when i saw you and John together, but I stayed quiet so I wouldn't hurt you. I'm done staying quiet.”, he said almost crying. “If you had told me before..” “if i had told you before, you would have yelled at me and said you loved john.”, he stated. 

He was very upset at this point. I turned away from him and walked to my cell. “Where is it??”, I asked myself. I looked under my bunk and there it was- the note that I wrote to malekei three years ago, confessing my feelings. 

The note: 

Dear Malekei,

For the past  seven years, I have had strong feelings for you. I've never mentioned it before , because it was not relevant. I really really hope you don’t feel like things are awkward between us after this, I just had to get it off my chest.  But I have to know, are my feelings one sided or are they shared? 

Love, Tvoy Drakon. 

{at lunch} 

“Mal?..”I said hesitantly. He blew a smoke ring and looked at me. “Moy drakon”, he answered as he put the cigarette to his lips again. “I want you to have this”, I sighed. “What is it?”he asked. “Just read it.”. Malekei read the note and instantly started crying. “What the heck Philipe!”, he cried. “Please don't cry..”, I whispered. [ I'm gonna write a script for dialogue moments such as this from now on. ]

“How can I not cry?”-m

“I don't know, it-it's just making me feel bad.”-p

“Look moy drakon, i'm only crying because my heart is hurt right now.”-m

“Why? It was supposed to make you feel better not worse!”.-p

“Look, I am cold to the world.. But when it comes to y-ou, I have a raging fire where my heart should be. You are the thing that gets to me. Ty moya slabost’ ”.-m

“иногда я ненавижу спать, потому что это значит, что я буду один.”-p

“Wait… you know russian?”.-m

“Well, i know a lot of languages. It's just, I don't know how I know them. I know Russian, French, English, spanish, japanese, chinese, and vietnamese.”.-p

“How come you've never told me this? ``I thought you trusted me..”-m

“I'm sorry..”-p

“Sorry isn't good enough! You lied to me!”-m

“..”-p

“Just leave me alone Philipe!”-m

~silence~

Later that night.. ( malekei’s POV)

I hate it when she plays with my heart like this. She says she trusts me and then lies to me. * sigh* 

♪  “Silent, I can’t wait here silent, working up a storm inside my head. Nothing, I just stood for nothing, so I fell for everything you said.. Hear the rumble- hear my voice. 

Silent, i cant wait here silent, gotta make a change and make some noise! 

Undo my sadness! Undo what hurts so bad! Undo my pain! Gonna get out through the rain..”

“C'était très beau”-p

“PHILLIPE!!!”-m

“Calmez-vous! Les gaurds vont vous entendre!”-p

“Why’d you sneak up on me like that and why are you here? If you get caught they’ll send you to the chamber..”-m

“The chamber doesn’t scare me it-”-p

“Well it scares me!”-m

“Why?”-p

“Because if they take you to the chamber I have nobody and nothing! You are everything that i have!”-m

“You have nothing to be scared o-”-p

“Take this one to the chamber”-g

“NO!! YOU CAN’T!! SHE’S ALL I HAVE!!”- malekai sobbed

“Prisoner 1025b I need you to stay calm. Please step back”-g

“I won’t let you take her!!”-m

“Let go mal, i’ll be fine”-p

“....”-m

The Chamber

*radio static* “i have prisoner 666a secure”-g

*radio static* “good. Bring it to the chamber for questioning”-?

*radio static* “yes sir”-g

~one hour later~ (Philipe’s P.O.V)

I can feel their cold hands all over my body. Their voices murmur. Why can't I move my body? I can't open my eyes, I can't talk, I can't do anything! What's going on?! I- can't- breathe..

*RADIO STATIC* “Sir, prisoner 666a is dead.”-g

*RADIO STATIC* “good. Dispose of it.”-?

*radio static* “yes sir.”-g

*radio static* “did you make sure it's unrevivable?”-?

*radio static* “yes sir.”-g

“Prisoner 1025b?”-g

“What do you want?”-m

“Prisoner 666a is dead. You will be burying it. And do not attempt to escape because we wi-”-g

“SHE! SHE IS A HUMAN BEING! SHE’S NOT AN OBJECT!!!”-m

“Prisoner 666a was a murderer.”-g

“Only because you made her one!”-m

“Prisoner 1025b, 666a was a reaper.”-m

“W-what?.. No.. that’s impossible. She was so kind and caring. Reapers are vile and aggressive spirits! She couldn’t have been-”-m

“666a was not a reaper, 666a was the reaper.”-g

“Now I know you’re insane. The reaper ? No. never. Not possible.”-m

“Learn to face the truth prisoner 1025b! The world isn’t what it used to be! You yourself know that! You’ve seen it with your own eyes Mal.. now.. Go bury your best friend..”-g

“You're a sick man tyke.”-m

“I wasn't always like this.”-t 

Malekei’s P.O.V-

Why? Why you Tyke? Why did they have to choose you? It should’ve been me! you had a family! A daughter! I had nothing! Nothing to lose! You were my best friend- not even that. You were my brother, and now I can't even recognize you! I'm sorry I failed you! I'm sorry that I failed!

Narrator~

Malekei sobbed as he dug a grave for the only person he ever loved. He was so busy thinking about the person Tyke had been four years ago, that he hadn’t even realised how deep he had dug. “I was going to marry that girl one day!”Malekei yelled mindlessly.  He looked down at the body of the only person that had ever understood him and he fell to his knees. Looking at the lifeless capsule, he cried, “I was going to marry you! We were gonna have kids and I was gonna give you the life you deserved!”. Suddenly, he was filled with overwhelming rage. Still sobbing, Malekei stood up and laid the body in the hole. Slowly he covered her with dirt and leaves, and then walked away. 

Malekei walked silently through the halls. His mind racing with thoughts. He walked into his cell and grabbed the R-Beta that he hid under his bed. Walking instinctively and full of rage, he headed to the tower. His heart seemed to stop and there was only one thing on his mind.. Love.

He walked past the guards into the tower and everything went black. 

The Massacre-

When Malekei came to, he was covered in blood. But it wasn't his blood. Blood was everywhere. On the walls, the floor, the tables. The room that had once been the whitest room of the entire facility was now soaked in red. “W-what happened?”, Malekei thought to himself. Then, like a drunken dream, it all came flooding back. Malekei ran to his room. He took his time writing, and then he went to sleep with the note on his bed. 

Tyke’s P.O.V-

“ALL PRISONERS REPORT TO THE CAFETERIA NOW” 

“ Great, now that you're all here, I have some news.”, I started trying to mask the immense pain I was going through. “Prisoner 1025B is dead. He gnuh (for words like this, read backwards) himself last night after killing 32 guards”. I spoke softly.  “He left a note behind. It says:

Dear Moy Drakon,

I'm so sorry I failed you. I should’ve been there for you. I could’ve stopped them from taking you. But now you're dead and it's all my fault. Gotta be honest, I never expected to see the day that you walked down the aisle.. But now i definitely won't. Tell me, how is heaven? Are the streets made of gold? Are the fountains spouting angel tears? I bet you love it. You probably look magnificent with your wings. I know i'm going to lleh for everything i've done. I murdered 32 men. I'm definitely gonna have horns.. Heck i already do. Funny isn't it? A demon falling for an angel. I think my dad would be disappointed.. Goodbye moy drakon.

Love, mal.” 

He didn't even mention me.. Was I that bad to him? “ You all may go” , I said, trying to keep my voice from breaking.

I'm sorry Mal..

I should've done this a long time ago.. 

Organized Disorder

“ Your Majesty, do you know what it is like to be forgotten?”, I asked quietly. 

“Of course not! I’m the king!” , he replied jokingly. 

“Do you know what it’s like to be abused?”, I questioned him. He seemed shocked and didn’t reply.

“Do you understand what someone means when they say they’re scared of their own mind?”, I asked while looking down. Still, he didn’t reply.

“If one says they are scared and truly means it, they will stay trapped in their mind, and eventually die.”, I read aloud. 

“That’s my book!”, he exclaimed. 

I looked up and said, “yes, It is.” 

“Why are you reading my book?”, he asked. 

“It helps me understand you, sir.”, I said looking up at him. 

He walked towards me and put his hand on my shoulder. “Good” he said,“as next in line you need to understand me.” He looked at his watch and sighed. 

“I gotta get going Arag. Um, walk Charity for me, will ya?”, he looked at me waiting for a response.

“Yes, your majesty.”, I answered. 

Charity was a very large doberman pinscher. She was black and had a tan underbelly. Her ears were pointed and stood up, and her tail was short and stubbed. Her collar was studded and had her name on it.  

Do you know what it’s like to die? I would presume not. For you are reading this, and so you must be alive, right? You must still be breathing, seeing things and feeling things. A heart must be beating, lungs breathing, and a brain thinking. Yes. This is the formula of life. This is the basic blueprint of every living thing. “Where am I?”.. where do you want to be? “What do you mean?”. Dear child, you control everything. The winds, the skies, the seas, the day, the night, the water, the ground, the air, the fire, everything you see, you can control. “That’s impossible”. Ah, that’s where you’re wrong. You see, humans think they are so smart. They think that they will one day know everything, but they are oh so stubborn. “Stubborn? How?”. Humans continue to use up all their resources and destroy their homes. “But that’s inevitable”. If humans would use more than ten percent of their brains, they could be smarter. If they used all of their brains they would be like you, my dear child. “Like me? Look, everything you’re saying is crazy. I can’t control the world!”.  What is your name? “Kai.”. Do you know who your mother maila was kai? She was a goddess. And your father was a reaper. These two were never meant to have met, but when they did, they were unstoppable. 

“How do you even know all of this?”, Kai asked. I am your grandmother. “So I’m dead?”. Not necessarily, no. You’re just asleep. Speaking of which, it's time for you to WAKE UP. 

As soon as she said those words, electricity surged through my body, and my eyes opened. As I looked around I saw flashing lights. Then I looked down. My legs were pinned under heavy metal and my arms lay at my side bleeding. And there was a ringing in my ears. “Are you okay?”, a muffled voice said. My eyes felt as if they could no longer stay open. “Ma’am, are you okay?”, the voice asked again. But I could not answer. Slowly I closed my eyes. 

Chapter 1: Feelings

The first thing I see when I open my eyes is a blinding hospital light. Where am I? There was no response. Hello?? Where am I??? Still no response. Suddenly someone walks into my room and says, “Turn off the overhead”. Then a doctor, I think,  starts shining a light in my eyes. “She’s still not responding”, a man said. “Sweetheart? Can you hear me? Can you nod your head?”, asked the man. I nodded… or so I thought. “She’s paralyzed”, said a new voice. I couldn't tell if the voice belonged to a man or a woman.

Turns out, it was both. Their name was Alexandria Cortenn. Mx. Cortenn was a neurosurgeon. My neurosurgeon. I guess I got into a pretty bad accident because I hit my head really hard which caused brain damage. 

According to the doctors, I was brought into the emergency room on a stretcher and my skull was wide open so you could see my brain. I didn’t feel anything. It didn’t hurt when they touched me, or when I woke up in the middle of surgery, or even when I fell out of bed and shattered the bone in my arm which had been previously broken. 

The doctors didn’t know what to do with me. I couldn’t talk, I couldn’t walk, I couldn’t do anything. They all thought I should just go stay with my grandma, because quote, “She’s useless. A waist of air!”. They didn’t know that I could hear everything they were saying. I just couldn’t respond. 

They were going to pull my plug, but for some reason they didn’t. Rather, they stood around looking at me as if they’d just seen a ghost. “Pull the plug. Come on, if I’m so useless then pull the plug.” 

My words couldn’t have been clearer. To their surprise, I could talk. It was a miracle, or so I’m told. Still, I guess I should be grateful, afterall, before I was mute. I’m still paralyzed, but that's not gonna change. 

Everyday I’m asked millions of questions by doctors, nurses, kids, and reporters. Nobody has ever survived what I went through and was able to recover.  My doctors sent me into therapy in case there is any chance that it could help me, but I just think it’s a waste of time. 

I will not be taking credit for this chapter for it is that of my brother's but he has asked me to include it. 

THE BECOMING OF
WATER X  AND  EARTH X 

The world was anew. Everybody thought all the power was gone in a different realm until... They came. In 4028 there was Evotu, a place where all the people could relax. But a mom gave birth to two sons. On their tenth birthday, their powers started to grow. (Alex) “yo get up we got to go to school. Bro you gotta wake up.”, he said as he walked into his brother’s room. (Chris) “ bruh I was getting toast. Let’s go already. I was waiting for you.”, he said as he rolled his eyes and headed for the door. The heroes ran to school but what they didn't know is that once they stepped through the door they entered a different realm. Though it looked like the past because it was the time-traveling realm. There they found an old man with four students next to him, three boys and 1 girl: all meditating. The heroes tried to step away, but the old man said, “STOP” (gulp) How did you get here? Only elementals are allowed here he thought. Before they said anything the four students attacked; two went to Alex and the other two went to Chris. All fighting then something happened the four students had powers one fire one air one lighting and another energy. But the heroes thought they didn’t have powers when Alex said “We give up, just stop already man!” 

“Who are you guys? We are going to ask one final time” the old man said. “We are Jake. I am Alex Jake and this is Chriss jake.” And the old man knew who they were so he decided to teach though they were not the best at it all sure they were good at a couple of things for Alex it was sword fighting and obstacle courses for Chriss Were blending in and kunai throwing. In the time it was their elemental training and it began all watching Alex was water x and Chriss was earth x they were good at it but they were a little sloppy. They practiced all day and all night.  It was meditating time and the old man had a vision that their sisters were coming to those cruel people. (Old Man) “Students stop the blood twins are coming and these new pupils need to unlock their elementals.” All the other students helped so they fought them again Alex froze them all 

Vy turning his water into ice. Chriss made lava which was also a part of the earth; they bowed down to the two saying “you are ready.” A portal flashed and two figures walked out; it was the blood twins.

They knew they were doomed still they fought. It was an outrageous battle Alex was fighting the older one of the two Chriss was fighting the younger one. (Meanwhile) “Get the swords of destiny, fate, and water.”The old man said. All hope was lost, the blood twins banished the heroes.

The heroes suffered (Chriss) “Aww man all of this is future” (Alex) “bruh it is just veggies and  water.” Though Alex thought that Chris was joking though he was quite humorous he was not joking. 

(Meanwhile) ( Old Man ) “ Hmm So you have finally come I was waiting for you.” (Older Evil Twin) “Oh shush it, old man you are nothing to us, we are more powerful than you and we’ll be more powerful than you after we take all the swords and powers.”  (meanwhile) (Alex) “yo we have to find a way out hmm what if we use some lettuce leaves and turn them into wings.”

(meanwhile) (old man making fighting sounds) (old man) “now scramble before the sons of the most powerful elementals come here.”  (older blood twin) “wait not greek’s let’s get out of here. ‘This is not the last of us you will see us again!”  (Chris) “ If I see another vegie it will be too soon for me to die.”   (Alex) “ Man stop complaining, wait I will meet with you in a second sensei umm Christian he passed out and he had immense power what so special about us anyway?” (old man) “(sighs) Well I did not want to tell you this but you guys are Zeus’s sons and Athena’s sons also”  Alex was confused how much has he been lied to his life his mom at home, not a mom. Alex was so confused that he went into the water pool nearby and sat in the bottom and stayed for an hour or two and he came out the students were all waiting for him to sleep. (Chris) “have you seen the beds? They are one of a kind I mean. They are heaven in disguise.” (Alex) “Ok, I guess I will go to sleep, and  besides we have a lot of stuff to find out tomorrow.” 

(Rooster caws) (Alex) “Wak.. up, Oh Jesus! Who are you? (Deji) “I am your father, over the years me and your mom have been regaining strength. And you need to come with us meet us in 2 years from  now in America.” (Chris) “Bro comes on, wake up. You’ve been sleeping for hours.” 

(Meanwhile) (Old man) “ Students today we will try your full power now imagine that you are..” (Chris) “Um … am I supposed to be all covered in earth stones and some more stones floating around me?” (Alex) “Um… that’s happening to me too” (Old man) “ 

As you can see, I had a lot planned out for this one...

I love you, but i hate me

Chapter 1: You Never Loved Me
Since the day I was born, you’ve said you hate me. I was a baby! Your baby! How could you hate the very thing you created?! Was i just a mistake? The baby you never wanted?  It would make sense, i mean you tried to kill me since the day I was born. I thought you were supposed to be my dad! But instead you were the cause of my sweet demise. But that's okay, i’ll still pretend that I'm fine. Meanwhile I'll be breaking on the inside. Weren't you supposed to be there for me when I was sad or hurt? I could’ve sworn that, that's what a father is supposed to do. But you didn't want to, did you? You didn't want me. 

Who am I to judge you? If i were you, i wouldn't want me too. I would have beat me too. And i would've hurt momma the most. But you see, i'm not you. Sorry if i disappoint you daddy. Maybe one of these days I can make you proud! I’ll make you smile when you say my name. I promise one day you’ll be able to say “that's my baby!”. 

Chapter 2: Genius Child
Hey daddy! I know we haven't talked in a while.. Guess what? I am nine years old! And ive got straight A’s on my report card! Are you proud of me daddy? I’m in third grade and i have a highschool reading level! My teacher says that i'm really smart despite me having.. AD.. HD? Apparently it's a learning disorder. And it makes you super hyper and stuff! I used to be made fun of for it, but that's okay, cuz i know i have better grades than them! 

Oh I almost forgot! I'm in the gates program! Basically it's a program for kids that are special. It's super fun! Mrs. Hayes, says she's proud of me. 

Eli says I should stop writing to you. He says that you're never coming back, but he doesn't know that. Me and Eli fight all the time. And everytime that i try to hangout with him he pushes me away and tries to tell me that I can't play with him cuz im not a guy! But i am a guy!.. Aren't i? 

Chapter 3: Confident Kids Get Bullied
Hey daddy.. I'm ten years old now. I'm in fourth grade. I'm still the smartest in my class and im a straight A student. I'm a star student according to Dr. McDaniel. Mrs. Winther says im her favorite student.. But teachers lie about that stuff all the time. I have have a crush on a guy.. His name is Sergio! He's the sweetest guy ever. And always stands up for me when i'm getting bullied.. Oh yeah, i get bullied..

All the popular kids say that i'm a nerd and they push me around. I don't know what i ever did to them but I wish they would stop. Spike (sergio) tells me that i should just ignore them and that they're just jealous because im beautiful and they're not. Do you think he likes me? Probably not.. I'm not very pretty..

Chapter 4: Hope He’s Not Like You
Sergio is so amazing! He understands me! And he always tells his friends to go away when we’re talking.. Maybe I do have a chance with him. Mommy married a new guy when I was three, and so far he's great! But who knows if he’ll stay that way because you of all people should know that people change.. I just hope he’s not like you. 

Chapter 5: Sacrifices Must Be Made
Hey dad, I'm eleven years old, not that you care. I’m in the fifth grade and i joined honors choir. I’m in safety patrol and i went to all state. I go to classes and teach younger grades while everyone else in my class is practicing reading and math. 

Mom is having financial issues so we don’t have a lot of food. Xander is only a baby, and he needs more food than me, because he is constantly growing. So I stopped eating so much and i’m a little hungry, but hey, love requires sacrifices right? 

I got mad at my step-dad today. He tried to hurt mom. I was sitting on the couch when i heard them fighting and xander was watching tv. I went into the kitchen and my step-dad had a bottle in his hand. He tried to hurt mom, but I got in the way and he hurt me instead. I’ll do anything for mom. 

It was that moment that I realised, nobody is gonna protect me. I have to learn to protect myself. And so, that’s exactly what I'm going to do.

Chapter 6: Heart of Gold, Tears of Blood
Hey dad, I’m still in fifth grade. My step-dad made me quit choir because I got a C in writing because I didn’t want to write a five paragraph story every hour. They didn’t even call my name for awards. They gave awards to everyone that was in choir and safety patrol and to all the star students. But I was in choir for two years, I did safety patrol everyday, and i was a star student and they didn’t call my name for anything. But then again, maybe I should be glad that they didn’t call my name. I mean, everybody at this school thinks that i’m scary or that i’m a bully. 

Me and Eli still fight all the time. But it’s cool, cause i hang out with Jaz. She’s awesome. Mom says I can't see you until I'm 18 years old. She says that the judge said I can't see you till im old enough to make a good decision.

Chapter 7: Take Advantage While You Can
Hey dad, how’s life? I bet you’re having fun somewhere in Texas right now. Are you? Grandma tells me all the time that you ask about me whenever you come over, and I know she shows you pictures. But do you really care? I mean if you really cared you’d come to my parties and send cards at the very least, but you don’t. Or is mom just hiding all the gifts? Btw I know about Mckayla. There’s a rumor that she’s my half-sister, but I’ve seen what she looks like and she looks nothing like me. 

People at my school like to run over me alot. I think it’s because they know I’m nice, and it sucks but hey, that’s life right? Mom says I need to be more mean, but if everyone that was nice became mean to protect themselves, then this world would never be a safe place. So I won’t do anything about it, at least not on purpose. 

Chapter 8: Self-doubt 
Sup dad? Have you ever felt like you weren't good enough? Like everyone else is better than you at everything? Yeah, well i feel like that all the time. It’s called self-doubt, I know that. And I don't deny that i have it, but it sucks. I mean, i used to be so confident, but now I just don't think im good enough for anything. 

Chapter 9: Terrible Parents
Chapter 10: I Hate Counselors
Chapter 11: Worst Student 
Chapter 12: Abuse
Chapter 13: I Barricade My Heart With Lies
Chapter 14: Two Sides Of The Same Coin
Chapter 15: Plastered Smile
Chapter 16: Self-Hate
Chapter 17: Break The Mirrors 
Chapter 18: You Love To Watch Me Fall
Chapter 19: Look At Momma Now..
Chapter 20: Daddy’s A Pathological Liar & Doesn’t Care
Chapter 21: I Give Up
Chapter 22: Coming Out
Chapter 23: My Daughter
Chapter 24: I Don’t Care
Chapter 25: Momma Can’t Sleep At Night
Chapter 26: Not Everything Is Bad..

~The Lovely Few~

Narrator

The Lovely City was a very beautiful place. It was the ONLY place that there was peace among the citizens and the ̈lovely¨

The lovely were not as amazing as they sound. They were vicious, cruel, and unforgiving. The Lovely City was the most beautiful city, but it also had the most restrictions. And they had more laws than any other city in the Zerei Galaxy.

Elijah was from The Lovely City. He was just eight years old, when he was selected. And now, he was no longer human. He was one of them. Destroying everything in their path. Trusting nobody. Moving throughout the Galaxy mindlessly. He was a victim. He had no choices. 

He killed girls that fell ill, that were not over the age of 12. He killed women that were not married by the age of 20. He killed men that were ¨  insane¨. He- was.. a machine. Elijah was forced to kill his own baby sister. 

Elijah was one of the well known Lovely, and was feared. The only thing stronger than him, was Zeria Yuuka. No one knows who it is, but it  is stronger than any human or lovely. Elijah was once breathing, thinking, and human. But that all changed when he was eight years old…

Elijah´s 8yr p.o.v~

I am eight years old today! I wonder if mother will let me have cake?.. Probably not.  I haven't had  ice cream or cake since I was three. I wonder why the lovely are so strict when it comes to sugar. Maybe they want us to live a long and healthy life? YEAH! Thatś it! They want us to be healthy so we can be happy! 

¨  mom, do you think that they'll let me see Aria?¨   ¨  M-maybe.. I don´ t know baby.¨   ¨  I miss Aria. Why did they take her away?¨  , I pleaded. ¨  I have told you time and time again that we don't talk about how she was taken or why young man!¨  . My mum hardly ever yells at me, but when she does it's scary.

I was going to start crying, but before I could even process that my mum had yelled, I heard banging on the front door. I left my mum standing there and opened the door hoping that it was father and Aria, and Markus. To my surprise, when I opened up the door, standing there was one of the local lovely. ¨  MOM!!¨  , I shouted for her. She saw the lovely and just stood there. She looked at him and nodded. ¨  MOM!! NO!! I DON'T WANT TO GO!!¨  ,I yelled. She just sat there. 

And watched as I was dragged out of my own home. I couldn't believe it. My own mother betrayed me. Why, would any mother just sit there and watch her son get dragged away?? 

Elijah´s P.O.V present day~

¨  she's the reason i´ m the monster that i am today. It´ s all her fault.¨  , i cried. She was the reason why I was raised to be a lovely. If she had simply said “no”, I would have been raised with my family and i would be an actual person. She let them take Aria and nobody has seen her since. Who knows if she’s even alive. 

JUMP

Characters and Need to Know Information-

Azrael; 17,000 years old; demon-direwolf hybrid; was thrown in the dirt and called worthless but turns out to be the most powerful creature in existence, really fulfilling the name “Angel of Death”.
Addi; 16,900 years old; Demon; thrown out of her kingdom because she couldn't maintain the throne; becomes a very powerful ruler known as Adivekt which literally translates to “the blood queen”.
Ezekiel; 17,999 years old; vampire; becomes king of the vampires in Durael but soon realizes he needs a queen and marries Laynelle. Azrael finds out and kills the false queen and Ezekiel in a blind rage.
Laynelle;18,000 years old; vampire; marries Ezekiel while the true queen is at the battle on Vascen, the world of deformities; is killed by Azrael for marrying her future husband and taking her rightful spot on the throne. 
Laryen; 12,000 years old; vampire; Laynelle’s youngest sister.
 Noyker; 18,000 years old; werewolf; doesn’t know he is a werewolf prince. Ends up dying because of his jealous brother, Ryder.
Ryder; 18,000 years old; werewolf; knows he is second in line to the throne and hates it. so, filled with jealousy and kills  Noyker, his more responsible twin brother.
Ace; 17,000 years old; direwolf hybrid; was thrown out of his kingdom because he was too “weak” and couldn't kill his enemies. Soon finds Azrael and falls in love with her. Helps Azrael become the most powerful creature. Just before he is killed protecting Azrael, he says “Do you see me now?” and PLOT TWIST he disappears into thin air and then in book two “Peace of Humanity”  he shows up and is in his full form and becomes second most powerful creature (still not near as powerful as Azrael) and tries to marry Azrael.
Kenji; 19,000 years old; vampire-demon hybrid; a young warrior known for being ruthless and destroying every enemy in his path, as well as being loyal to a tee. He will die for those he serves and is very dangerous. He refuses to kill children, however. Also, he is blind. 
Abigail Ovieta Vasquez- 6 years old; angel; was burned alive by Azrael
Leslie Grace Amar- 11 years old; human; strangled to death by Azrael
Damien Ray James- 14 years old; demon-angel hybrid; burned alive by Azrael
Addith May King- 5 years old; angel; poisoned by Azrael 
Ace Remires Francesco - 19 years old; demon; set free by holy water (drowned by Azrael)
Josiah Adan Carter- 13 years old; human; strangled to death by Azrael.

Places and Definitions-
Durael:(duh-rail)  the land of monsters
Maredik: (mare-uh-dik) the brightest star
Margaine: (mar-gain)  the city of hybrids and outcasts
Blavk: (bleh-v-ick) a mixture of jet black, fade white, dark blue, and blood-red

Chapter 1: Monsters?
I sit up on my bed and look at the red alarm clock on my nightstand. It’s 11:59. I get up and climb onto my window sill. I hear my alarm go off. It's midnight. I look down and I jump. As soon as I jump a portal opens up and my skin starts to burn with blue and black flames. My wings open, and I shriek in pain as my tail grows back. My eyes are black as night. 

If you haven’t figured out by now, when the clock strikes twelve every night, I return to Durael, the land of monsters. I see my best friend, Zeke, and my flames burn even darker. Ezekiel’s skull burns red when he’s around all of his friends but when he is with me, his whole body is engulfed in flames as white as the brightest star, Maredik. 

I have never actually talked to Ezekiel, but the passion in his eyes when he looks at me is stronger than any words that can be said. The thing is, I can never be with him because I am a hybrid and Ezekiel, a vampire. Vampires are of high royalty and they are very proud monsters. Werewolves are very strong and smart creatures. And demons, well they’re demons no need to say more about them... 

All monsters respect each other and live in peace here in Durael. Hybrids, however, are treated like dirt because we aren't like other monsters. We are spat on by the vampires and demons because we aren't pure-bred, and despised by the werewolves because of our lack of strength.

Hybrids are looked down upon everywhere except the city of Margaine. Margaine is a city full of hybrids and any creatures that are thrown out of their kingdoms. My name is Azrael by the way. My best friend Addi is a demon. I am a demon-direwolf hybrid, aka an angel of death. 

This is how my story starts. I jump into a portal, I grow a tail and I'm an outcast. Whoopdeedoo! If you’re wondering whether I have horns or not, I don’t and I don’t think I ever will. I do, however, have large ears and strong eyes. My eyes are crystal blue, and my ears fade from jet black to a dark blue. My tail is Crystal-like to the point where it’s almost transparent. 

My wings have not yet settled on a color. Sometimes they are black, sometimes they’re red. I really have no control over it. But if I did, I would want my wings to be Blavk, which is a mixture of jet black, fade white, dark blue, and blood red. Yes, these are all real colours on Durael. 

This is kinda embarrassing, but I'm not very strong. And I'm not very smart, but I do have my looks. So that comes in handy from time to time whenever Derek, my human father,  comes looking for trouble... Let’s just talk about that for a second. Let's talk about my life on earth, the human world (which you already knew). 

On earth, my name is Braxton. Yes, I'm a guy on earth. But the cool thing about being a monster is that monsters can choose their gender! And to be honest, I've always felt like I should've been a girl. On earth, I am 19 years old and I have black hair with blue streaks through it. I have a lip piercing, two ear piercings, and a tattoo with my best friend’s name, Jack. Although, she and I don't really talk anymore. Not since she started dating Maria. 

Jack and I have always been super close, ever since we met, and at one point in time, I was the only person she trusted. But then I made a mistake and now... Well, let’s just say I don't think we’ll ever be as close as we were. 

And it hurts because Jack was the only person that understood me. She was the only person I talked to about my feelings. She knew everything about me... Well, almost everything. I was always there for Jack. No matter what she was going through. Even when she held a nug to her head, I was there. I thought we’d never stop being friends, but sadly, that's not how life works. 

The last time I spoke to Jack, she called me and started crying and yelling at me saying I was stupid and that she loved me. She had gone to my house looking for me, but I wasn't there. I was at my uncle’s house. And it was all because I had given her a note that said that I was tired of all the things I went through and that I couldn't take it anymore. I don't remember most of what I wrote but I do remember what I ended it with. I said, “thank you for always being my friend, and always trying to understand. I know you don't really get it, but I appreciate the thought. I love you..”. At the time, I felt like nobody understood me and that everyone hated me. I had given up and that was okay. I was ready to go. 

Anyway, after that situation, Jack was never really the same. I mean yeah, she was the same person, but she was cold towards me. When I would try to talk to her she would walk away and if I waved to her she would just act like she didn't see me. She would always keep her head down and avoid me. Eventually, I gave up and just stopped trying to talk to her. Not long after I gave up, I befriended Maria. She was actually really nice and she was beautiful too. This became normal. 

Then, one day, Jack let her guard down. She didn't have her head down or her hood up and our eyes met. But she quickly looked down and ran away. After around five months of this “don't look, dash away” game, I’d had enough. I cornered her. Finally, after three months her eyes met mine and she couldn't run. I remember thinking “this is my chance. Tell her how you feel!”, and so I did exactly that. I thought she would be happy, or even angry, but she was neither. After saying sorry and apologizing for everything I did, she started to cry. When I asked what was wrong she just said “I hate you! Why can't you just leave me alone?!”, and so out of my love for her, I did exactly that.

I haven’t talked to her since. It’s crazy, you never know how much of a monster you can be until you find someone that can make you the worst and best version of yourself at the same time... This is known as love... 

Chapter 2: Monster By Definition

I don't like this thing that I've turned into. Why am I so lonely all the time? Why am I so angry? I don't get it! It's not fair! I loved Jack first! Not Maria! Maria doesn't even know he’s transgender! That's it, I’m getting her back one way or another... 

I look at the calendar in my room. It's July 10th, the day of my revenge. Today, Maria will know just how much I love jack. Today she will- “Brax!”, someone called from outside my window. Who in the world could that be? I looked out my window to find that nobody was there. “Brax!”, the voice called again. If this is Elijah messing with me, I'm gonna kill him.  I looked out my window again, and there was still nobody there. Maybe it's just my imagination. “Brax! Help me! I don’t want to die!”, the voice yelled. This sick f- “Brax! Please! HELP ME!”, the voice screamed. That’s Abigail's voice! But she died three years ago! I watched her burn to death! “Bubby! It burns!”, the voice echoed. This is not funny! But it is, isn't it? Wha-? Come on! Three years ago you would have been laughing so hard you wouldn't be able to breathe! No! I didn't want her to die! You could’ve saved her, but you didn’t. You just watched her burn. It’s not your fault. I mean, you’re a monster. It’s in your nature. No! I'm not a monster! I’m not! It was an accident! You poured that gasoline on her body. You locked her in her room. You watched her from her window. You lit that match. Not her abusive father. Not her drunk mother. You! You did! Why do you think your friends left you? Your mother can’t even look at you without seeing her little girl’s charred lifeless body. And your father- my father rapes me! He abuses me! You gonna tell me that that’s my fault too? It is. If he still had his little girl, you wouldn’t be a victim of his lust. If he had his little girl- if he had his little girl, she would be going through much worse than this. Her father would break her! Setting her on fire was a mercy compared to the life she would’ve lived... I killed her so that she wouldn’t feel this pain. It was no accident and it wasn’t mercy. No matter how much you tell yourself that. She died a painful death staring at the one person she thought she could trust. “So you admit to the murder of Abigail Ovieta Vasquez?”, a man said. “Yes.”, I replied in a monotone voice. “And do you admit to the murders of Leslie Grace Amar, Damien Ray James, Addith May King, Ace Remires Francesco, and Josiah Adan Carter?”, the man asked. “If you call me showing mercy to those children, murder.”, I replied... 

Present Day (March 18, 2045):
Azrael’s POV-

My servants know better than to interrupt me when I’m Blitzing (shedding of old colors/wings etc.to allow room for growth), however, today that was not the case. They brought to me a man, who went by the name of Ace. “Your Majesty, I come bringing terrible news.”, Ace said boldly. “And what might that be?”, I asked. He looked at me and said, “Ezekiel has taken a wife, Laynelle is her name.” A fire burned in my soul and if there was at all any love in my heart, it was gone. Shattered like glass. “Thank you, Ace. you are free to go, but I must ask you, Do you want to fight along my side?”, I questioned him while my body engulfed itself in flames. “Yes your majesty!”, he said excitedly. “Good.”, I whispered. 

With Ace on my left and Additha (addi) on my right, we soared through fifty dimensions and then we arrived in Durael.. and the massacre began.

Chapter 2 (part 2): The Massacre of Durael

Every monster within a 5-mile radius froze in their tracks when they saw me. All the monsters, excluding the prideful vampires, bowed when they heard Laryen yell, “The Angel of Death has returned!!”. Slowly and sick Ezekiel turned to face me. He was at the top of the temple. Standing in front of the throne, MY throne, was Laynelle. Before Ezekiel could say a word, I tils his throat without hesitation. By the time I teleported to Laynelle my body had engulfed itself in the blackest flames anyone had ever seen. There trembling on the ground and pleading for her life, she cried. I bent down and whispered in her ear, “This is my kingdom.”. Then I tore out her heart. 

Holding her heart in my hand, I rose to the sky and released a flash of blinding light. When the light faded away my wings had grown exponentially, reaching a wingspan of 20 feet. And they settled on a colour; Blavk. I shrieked in pain as my horns grew in. They were unlike anything anyone had ever seen. First, they curved back and then went straight up, which is pretty normal, but then they formed into a halo above my head. And my body did something I never thought was possible, sure I’d heard the stories, but I never thought they were true. I had become what we called “Skrillisks” or “Shadow Beings”. Skrillisks are monsters that are so powerful, their body rejects them and splits apart every atom in itself, causing it to get stuck in a state of matter that is neither solid nor is it not solid. Making you unstable. A skrillisk can choose to be solid or not, however, your body is constantly decaying which is why you're able to do what you do. 

“Your true queen has returned.”, I said looking out over my kingdom. Some monsters protested, some celebrated, some cried and some bowed. But one individual caught my eye. He was standing below me on the temple stairs. His eyes were black as night and his hair was long and silver. He had no wings or tail, perhaps they had been sawed off in the past, but his horns were white. They spiraled up from his ears and stopped at a point. “Rise.”, I stated. Slowly, he rose to meet me in the sky. “I am Kenji; son of Benone, Protector of childs, and I would ask you to grant me the honor of fighting along your side.”, he requested. His voice was calm and gentle, yet it was demanding and confident.

I felt like I had known him my whole life, like there wasn’t a thing I didn’t know about him. His name was familiar, but I didn’t understand why. Perhaps we had met in the past? 

“My queen”, he hesitated then began to speak, choosing his words carefully. “It has come to my understanding that not many monsters here in Durrael like you.”. I turned to him and smiled. “They don’t have to like me. A dragon does not rely on the opinion of sheep.”, I chuckled. “Come, we shall begin.”, I stated as I spiraled towards the ground. 

Kenji reached the temple before I did, since he could teleport at his will. And for some reason, while I was coming closer and closer to the temple floor, I forgot one very important step of Spiraling… I forgot to land. 

Kenji fell to his knees in laughter, when I came tumbling to the floor. I glared at him, but he continued to laugh. “I- I can’t believe- you forgot to- you forgot to land!”, he laughed. It seemed that Kenji was the only person who wasn’t afraid of me… 

I was about to start laughing with him, when a vampire came into the room and shrieked at me. “I can’t believe you want to be OUR queen! You can’t even land!”, the vamp hollered. Within that moment I felt like crying, but Kenji paked (to communicate within one’s mind) me before I could.

“Do you want me to discard the vampire trash your Majesty?” “no, bring it to me” “Are you sure?” “yes, and gather all the children as well.” “You aren't planning to… hurt them.. Are you?” “no, I am picking which ones will be called my own.” 

At The Choosing: 
Standing before me were close to 300,000 children. All of them born with different abilities,