Clown Clues | Teen Ink

Clown Clues

Bobby has finally made it to his new home. This change has excited him and he is glad he is closer to his family and friends. Bobby invites over his friend David to talk since it’s been 5 years since the last time they saw each other. 

David lets Bobby know there are clowns in their area and that to never leave the house alone at night. “The clowns are vicious and want to get you and bring you back to their bases to torture you.” Says David. “Well if I go with a group of people will the clowns attack me?” Says Bobby. “No, a singular clown won’t attack but if a group of them are there they will!” Says David. “I know that you are a detective so why don’t we go check out the area where the clowns mostly roam.” Says Bobby. “I would but it's only the two of us so it's very risky.” Says David. “I should be heading home anyways it's getting late.” Says David. “Alright, text me tomorrow if you want to explore the woods tomorrow and find the clowns!” Says Bobby. “Okay I will see you tomorrow!” Says David. “Bye….” Says Bobby. As Bobby is heading to bed for his first day of school at his new school he hears a long screeching noise coming from the woods. Bobby is very confused and wants to figure out what it is so he goes to his garage to get his bike. After Bobby got his bike and left his home he saw a dude dragging a body bag up a hill by his house. Bobby then called David the detective and he told him all about this dude carrying a bodybag up this hill. “Don’t go up there, it's a clown!” David said. “Well, if I don’t see what the clown has in that bag it could be bad.” Bobby said. “Alright, go up the hill and slowly follow it.” David says. “Okay I will!” Said Bobby. Bobby then drops his bike and slowly crouches up the hill. Once Bobby gets up the hill,  he sees the clown walking in towards the woods dragging the body bag. Slowly following Bobby then tries to make noises with sticks on the road to get the clown's attention. The clown doesn’t hear the sticks crackling when they are being snapped so Bobby then proceeds to throw the stick at the clown. Once a stick had struck the clown it started to screech causing all the other clowns to wake up. Bobby is very scared of clowns so this wasn’t the best decision on his part. Bobby then proceeds to sprint as fast as he can to get home safely. Running down the hill he trips over his bike that he dropped before he went to sneak up on the clown. Bobby was in bad pain; he had fractured his ankle. He was limping towards his house but, in the corner of his eye he saw the clown on top of the hill staring into his soul. Bobby was panicking, screaming for help so he wouldn't get killed or make his injury worse. His brother Kaiden hears Bobby screaming and darts outside to see that a clown was slowly approaching behind Bobby. Kaiden loves clowns so his first thought is to take a picture of it so he does. After Kaiden took the picture he dead sprinted towards Bobby and picked him up. Bobby is still crying in pain, the clown slowly follows them to their house. After Kaiden gets Bobby home their parents come down the stairs. His parents ask what happened and Bobby says, “I just tripped over his bike coming down the hill.” Kaiden then blurts out that there was a clown that scared Bobby causing him to fracture his ankle. “Clowns you say?” Asked the parents. “Yes, there was a clown running down the hill right next to our house trying to grab Bobby.” Said Kaiden. “Alright, we will have to make sure the clown doesn’t come back or we will have to call the cops.” Said the parents. “Okay me and Kaiden are going to bed now!” Said Bobby.

Bobby and Kaiden are starting their first day of school since moving from texas. Bobby meets up with his other friend Hayden since he hasn’t seen him in a while. Hayden and Bobby talk about the clowns and how Bobby almost got attacked by one. Hayden and Bobby plan on going out at night to see where the clowns live. David will also join to investigate the area and detect anything suspicious.

It’s the early morning Bobby and Kaiden are getting ready for their first day of school. Bobby is very excited to see some of his other friends, especially Hayden. Bobby and Kaiden get on the bus and in the corner of Bobby’s eye there is a clown looking straight at the bus. Bobby then darts up to the bus driver and tells him what he just saw. The bus driver doesn’t believe Bobby and tells him to sit down. Bobby then walks down back to his seat and sees the clown behind the bus now walking towards the woods. Bobby and Kaiden get to school and see their new classmates and some old friends. Bobby runs straight to Hayden to say hi. Hayden asks Bobby how life was in Texas. “It was alright, it was only bad because I didn’t have many friends down there.” Said Bobby. “Well you’re back with your friends now.” Said Hayden. “Have you heard anything about the clowns roaming around?” Says Bobby. “Oh yea, I have heard about some sightings of the clowns especially by the woods” Says Hayden. “I think we should investigate later tonight to see where the clowns like to meet.” Bobby said. “Sounds like a great idea but I got to get to class, see ya later.” Hayden said. “See ya!” Said Bobby. It is the end of the school day, Bobby and Kaiden are heading home. Once they got home Hayden and David came over to discuss their plan on how they will find the clowns in the safest way possible. They will need a map of the woods. They all have the supplies they need. There are already traps set up in bushes just in case they catch one off guard. It is around 8:00 pm, Bobby and his friends get set to go out in the woods to see what the clown's true intentions are. Now leaving the house Bobby gets out the map of the woods to see the trails and pathways to lead them to possibly a spot where the clowns meet.  David is the one with a device to track down the clowns way easier. Hayden has the weapons needed for this mission. They are all set to go, they first go up the hill towards the woods. Slowly crouching they see multiple clowns together walking down a trail. Bobby gets out the map to see what trail that is just in case they need to escape. They realize this moment is either going to be bad or be really good. David then insists, “we have to go now or we will lose the clowns.” “Yeah, we should go now so the clowns can’t get us as easily.” Said Hayden. “Okay let's slowly approach them.” Bobby says. They slowly approach them but they realize that a clown's leg is in one of the traps. They see a blood path heading towards a light in the middle of the woods.  Bobby starts running faster with David and Hayden. David pulls out the device to track the area to see if any clowns are around. Hayden then sees one of the clowns in the top left corner of the device. That clown was leading towards the light due to the blood path. As they get closer to the light they start to see buildings and the injured clown by a fire.  Bobby then gets out the map again to see exactly where the clowns stay. But what Bobby and his friends don’t realize is that all the clowns know that they are there. Hayden pulls out his weapon just in case something bad happens here. The injured clown is now slowly crawling to one of the buildings. A clown opens up the door for the injured one. Hayden then throws a weapon for no reason at the clown causing all the other clowns in the trees to jump out and surround them. Slowly as the clowns make the circle smaller Hayden gets out a machete to hold their ground. The clowns pull out their scythes forcing Bobby, David, and Hayden to lose their ground. Hayden goes for an attack and hits one of the clowns but all the other clowns grab him and drag him towards the fire. “If you want your friend back you got to get rid of us.” Said The Clowns. Bobby then grabs Hayden’s machete that he dropped. Bobby attacks and kills 2 of the clowns but the rest of the clowns surround Bobby, and David and slowly kill Hayden.

THE END.