One Choice | Teen Ink

One Choice

June 7, 2019
By Anonymous

Summary:

We learn from the start of health classes, when alcohol and drugs become involved in our lessons, not to drink and drive. It is a simple concept that everyone knows is dangerous and everyone claims they will never do it. However, it still happens. As you grow older you hear about people you went to school with for years got in an accident, then you find out the person that hit them or the one you’ve known your entire life was under the influence. It breaks your heart and you can only feel for the family so much until you actually know how it feels yourself.

As a 17-year old boy, graduating high school, you expect nothing can happen to you. You are on top of the world with everything going on in your life. Finals are over, you are headed to college soon, you go out, party, and just have a good time with your friends and things can only go up from here. As for your family, they couldn’t be more proud of you. You are going to college with a good major and are even considering collegiate sports. Nothing can stop you and you yourself don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. Until you have to.

You don’t plan on bad things happening because you think you are immune to all bad, because at that point in your life you are. You only focus on the positives and all you strive for in the future, but the mistake I made, nothing can ever make up for it. There is always something in the way. Sometimes you can find your way around it and think of smarter solutions, but this time you crash right into it.


Anonymous

One Choice


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.