Watermelon Crimes | Teen Ink

Watermelon Crimes

Summary:

The summer of 2017 was a wild one for Oliva and her friends. They were just out of sophomore year and ready for something exciting to happen. Oliva lived in a giant cul de sac with the rest of her friends. The whole neighborhood knew each other so they were basically forced into these friendships since they were kids. They all basically got along but there sometimes were some fights especially between Taylor and Carly. Oliva, Megan, Carly, and Taylor were the main group of friends on the block although they were “heavily encouraged” to hang out with another girl on their street name Clarence. Clare was a short redhead with high cheekbones and huge glasses. Oliva personally didn’t have anything against Clare but she got on Taylors nerves so they just ignored her. One day Taylor's mom invited Clare over so they were forced to talk to her. Incredibly annoyed Taylor came up with the idea to find something to scare her off. Carly came up with the idea of telling Clare that they do something they don't actually do. From that the idea of saying they steal a watermelon from their elderly neighbor spawned. That didn't work so they were stuck stealing a watermelon every Wednesday from their elderly neighbor. They do this until they get caught. 

Tags: Friends

Anonymous

Watermelon Crimes