Traindaster | Teen Ink

Traindaster

Author's note:

its based on the cowboy era 

Traindaster 

“All aboard! Last call for train 12,” the conductor announced as the train started up,  steam spewing out the chimney.  

As the train picked up speed and all the passengers sat with their family or read a book, one passenger stood up and walked through all the other booths until he reached the driver of the train. 

Talking to the driver, the passenger pulled out a gun and told the driver, “The train is now under new jurisdiction. Follow every order. If you don’t, I will kill all the people on the train.”

The Train conductor started to panic and sweat but did whatever the criminal told him to do.

“Make a turn off course; head over to the main location where most criminals stay.” 

The conductor retorted, “If I do that all the people on this train are going to die either way so I'm not going to make that turn if you want me to or not.”

The robber looked at the conductor with a disappointed glare, and, in a calm voice, said,  “I don't care what you’re going to do or not do--I could do it myself. Do you think I’m just any sort of criminal? No. I'm the one that can rob other criminals with both eyes closed.”

At that very moment, when the sound waves hit the conductor's ears, he understood who the criminal was. He was the greatest master criminal of the time the conductor studdard his words saying in a whisper “you- you're Julius Caesar.” 

The conductor promptly changed his mind, turned the rails, and headed to the criminal town because the conductor knew it was the safest place for the passengers. 

When the train was about to reach the criminal town, people on horseback waited. . Everyone on the train worried at this sight--everyone except a handful of undercover sheriff deputies sent on a secret mission to stop the hijacking and bring the perpetrators to justice. 

When the train came to a stop, people knew something wasn't quite right. Panic set in. 

“Well, that's my cue,'' the criminal said. 

The conductor looked confused as Julius left, entered the first booth, and announced with a smirk, “This train is now under my command.  Everything in the front, walk to the booth behind us until we are at the very last booth. Everyone looked confused, and defied his orders, not understanding what was happening.  When the criminal pulled out his gun, everyone suddenly understood, stood up, and walked to the next booth. 

When all the passengers got out the train and started to look around they saw a lot of joyful criminal staring at them all, but backed off when they saw who brought those innocent people there 

the conductor stared at Julius confused then asked “ what are you going to do with all these people” 

Julius turned and smiled saying  “We're just going for a little walk that's all.”

which lead the conductor even more confused but couldn't think that much about it because he walked in front of all the people he just kidnapped and told them that “You all are going to follow me and if you dont I will kill you and the only way to live is by doing what I tell and follow me you all understand”

Everyone started looking around in silence but were compliant and started following him.  

As they were entering the town all the criminals came out of the stores and houses to see if the word around town was true that someone really brought a train full of people 

when the people got to the center of town the criminal that stole the train got up to a podium and announced to all my fellow people “Welcome to my humble village you will not be staying here for long intel I will have you do the gauntlet of criminals to show that you are more than you were meant for I will just be nugging you in the right direction,”

At that moment all the people from the train started to talk and get scared of what the trials are and what it's going to do to their family. 

The sheriffs were just staring at each other wondering what they should do when one of the sheriffs pulled out his gun but died in a instant because Julius expected that and shot the sheriff, 

all the criminals started to laugh and shout while the citizen were crying of what just happened,

Julius with an even bigger smile announced that ”Everyone who dares try to kill me will fail because I didn't get my reputation off nothing no one has been able to get close to winning against me.”

While all the citizens were crying JUlius walked off the podium and started walking, everyone looked up at the robber to see what he is about to do when he waved his hand to indicate that he wanted the citizens to follow him no one got up to move but then the robber shot into the air which made everyone stand up and run over there to follow him. 

After 15 minutes they arrived at three abandoned houses where they had to stay for their visit. 

JUlius announced that “If you try to leave at any time there are guard posts with people in it at all hours so if you don't get shot down then you deserve to have escaped.”

At this point no one was screaming, crying,or in shock they were all in acceptance of what was happening to them. 

When the citizens opened the door they got confused because they saw all their luggage next to clean beds and carpet. It looked like a regular hotel except everyone had to sleep in the same room.

At 2:05 everyone got woken up with a man screaming at them to “get up and dressed in 3 minutes or you would be shot” 

everyone slowly got out off bed and dressed because they had 3 hours of sleep 

When the citizens were told to exit their house they saw close to 40 what looked to be robbers. They were all dirty and their clothes were all torn. 

After 5 minutes of standing outside the master criminal shows up and introduces the citizens to who they thought were criminals but they were actually people just like them who were kidnaped but only they were there for what looked like to be weeks, maybe even months. 

The master criminal told the two groups that “You two group have to go on a little exhibition for me please, you two will be escorted by a handful of my people to a bank were all you do is make sure no one gets in and out unless there going to crack the vault, but if you fail then you all will die if you try escaping you will die understand.” Everyone was tensed up when they heard the news except for the people who were there for longer they just looked almost zombie-like.

As the groups of people were walking, someone started going another direction into a sprint which didn't last long until they got shot, people started to scream and panic but the master criminal raised his hand to tell them to be quiet. 

When they got to the train it was all run down and half working, everyone was superstitious about if they were even going to get to the bank. 

As soon as everyone got in the train it started, a couple of people fell before getting to their seat, the group of undercover sheriffs were huddled together to make a game plan on how to complete there secret mission while also not trying to help the criminals, then the train stopped but something was off--no other trains or people were at the train stop. 

As people were leaving the train there was three criminals waiting for them to come to give them a rundown on the plan and what there job is, the criminals told the prisoners that “you guys need to go in and make sure no one leaves also make a tunnel for us criminals so people don't get too scared after we blow up the vault then you need to block the hall so no one can run after us.

When we're out you can leave but some of you can stay with us and become a criminal others could live in this town”.

Everyone was looking around but was ready when the robber yelled “ well what you standing about for get a move on ''then people started to walk into the bank there were three workers and a handful of customers. 

The sheriffs were all next  to each other whispering “ hey what's the plan are we gonna leave and go after Julius” one of the other sheriffs told them that, “we can't leave they will kill us they have people everywhere, what we need to do is hope that Julius comes with his robbers then we follow them and when there looting the vault we strike'' The sheriffs all agreed and waited until the robbers arrived.

When the door opened the sheriffs noticed that there were 4 robbers now and started a pursuit, when they got down the hall all the people who got kidnapped blocked the entrance so the sheriffs couldn't turn back, when they got to the end of the hall it turned so they got ready to attack. When the sheriffs heard the fuse they backed up a little and would wait intel they heard gold and money getting picked up. 

After 20 minutes from the explosion they heard talking and money scooping the 3 sheriffs turned the corner and a gun fight began, before Julius and his crew could react one robber got shot then another after more shots were fired then the robbers got a handle of things and was able to exchange some shots of their own and manage to kill a sheriff, when both parties needed to reload they saw that two robbers out of the four and two sheriffs out of three, so instead of retreating the sheriff moved up to the parts of the vault that were still intact from the explosion more shots were exchange intel they heard a crowd coming toward them and it was none other than everyone who was kidnapped they ran straight to Julius and the other criminal. Julius wasn't there, it was only two criminals he was one of the robbers who got shot, the other two robbers that were alive surrendered and dropped their weapons.

Julius was laying on the side of the indoor vault wall with a smile on his face, the sheriffs told the pedestrians to get out of there way to ask Julius some questions, the first question was what made you do this why did you want to become a criminal, “spite” Julise said the sheriffs got confused and said “what do you mean by spite” when Julius responded “I Am who I am because of spite, my dad spited me he thought I would be a no good street beggar, so I became one of if not the best robber in the world. 

The two sheriffs looked at each other then asked another question “ why were you smiling before you talked to us?” Then Julius replied in a whisper “I've always wanted to go out by a shootout with multiple people, the thrill, adrenaline, not knowing who's falling down next.” 

In that moment you could hear Julius breathing getting lighter and lighter, then he stopped breathing, the sheriff's mission was over they killed the king criminal.