She Just Looked It | Teen Ink

She Just Looked It

By Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

Summary:

She looked too young to be in this class.
It wasn’t the petite height, or the unsure eyes. It wasn’t the way she kept quiet unless called upon, or the way she hesitated before answering each question. It wasn’t the fact that she didn’t bother to socialize with the other kids, or the fact that she paid attention to the teacher, yet seemed to be daydreaming at the same time. It wasn’t the occasional flicker of her eyes from person to person, as if watching and keeping track of every detail in the room, or that cross between a satisfied and resigned stare, as if she wanted to make people think she loved her life, but, in actual fact, yearned for more.

There was nothing specific. She just looked it.

***

He was watching my every move.
I could tell from the way he scratched his notepad once in a while to make me think otherwise, and the way he constantly pursed his lips at the clock to make me think he wanted class simply to end. I could tell because of his dark eyes dancing to my figure when he thought I wasn’t paying attention, and because he stuttered when the teacher called his name. I could tell by way of his stiff legs trying to keep as still as possible, and by way of the unnaturally jerked movements when shifting positions without catching my glare. I could tell how he wasn’t ever looking at me when I turned to him, and how I could catch the eye of other students unaware.

It was nothing specific. He just looked it.

Theresa E.

She Just Looked It

Erecura PLATINUM, Eugene, Oregon

"Hell is empty; all the devils are here."
The tempest

PLEASE continue this! I loved it!

on Sep. 28 2011 at 9:31 am
Arya4Eragon PLATINUM, Jonesboro, Arkansas

"Without life there is still faith, but without faith there is no life." -SJB

I only had time to read the summary, but it sounds REALLY good.  i'll have to get back on here ASAP and read it all. :)

potatohead said...
potatohead, Kentucky, Louisiana
I really liked this. It was cool how the story was told from each of their perspectives. It would be even better if you showed the character's personalities through their actions, instead of just telling us about them.

NorthernWriter, Fargo, North Dakota

"Only dead fish swim with the stream"

i really liked the beginning and what i've read so far, except i would like a little more action along with the background characterization, if you know what i mean. may be show us that she's a "goody, goody two shoes" rather than simply saying she always followed her parents. but really, it's a cozy read and i like your voice :) keep writing!

leafy said...
leafy, City, Other

Gil: I would like you to read my novel and get your opinion. 
Ernest Hemingway: I hate it. 
Gil: You haven't even read it yet. 
Ernest Hemingway: If it's bad, I'll hate it. If it's good, then I'll be envious and hate it even more. You don't want the opinion of another writer. 

lol the other day, i was thinking about a book i read, and remembered that it was really good, but i couldn't remember the book or the authors name. then i realized that it was one of the unfinished TI novels! so yeah, thought you might like to know that :)

Hazel-daisy GOLD, --, Other

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else - Erna Bombeck

In three words i can sum up everything I've learned in life: it goes on -Robert Frost

Live, Love, Laugh - ______

Hope, Love, breathe <3 - Me

i read it, i thinks its amazing! i love the end of chapter five, i know it isnt the end of the novel but i think it concludes those five chapters quite well! i like how you use the point of view of more than one person, its really good :)

leafy said...
leafy, City, Other

Ernest Hemingway: I hate it. 
Gil: You haven't even read it yet. 

ok just read it, and its awesome so far!!! the only thing is that aiden's mom seems a bit unrealistic with her harshness, but i guess you were going for that. but its still amazing and i hardly found, if any, grammar/spelling mistakes. keep up the good work! 5/5