Rainbow | Teen Ink

Rainbow

February 11, 2020
By Snowball2004, Easley, South Carolina
More by this author
Snowball2004, Easley, South Carolina
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"I swear to drunk I'm not God" -Squirtle from Pokemon Talk, created by MandJTV on YouTube.


“Good Morning, Riverside!” Principal Snuff greeted on the intercom. “It’s a bright new day, especially when we have Prom tomorrow. The theme of Prom this year is flowers!”
“Settle down and listen to the announcements,” Mrs. Scott said as the class started to get quiet.
“Who are you going to the dance with, Steven?” Alex whispered.
“I don’t really want to say,” Steven replied.
“Who’s the lucky lady?” Alex asked.
“I don’t even know if she likes me,” Steven said in a quick, quiet, and annoyed tone.
“Well, ask her out. You have until tomorrow afternoon,” Alex warned.
“I am aware.”
“So, who is she? I can be your wingman.”
“Trust me, you already make everyone around you look better.”
“I am offended.”
“Grab your pink carnations and rent a pickup truck for this tomorrow. Or limousine, I don’t what you kids are into these days,” Principal Snuff advertised. “You can buy a pink carnation at the school store tomorrow after school.”
“Arg, there goes another one of his song references,” Mrs. Scott sighed. “Also, he actually brought in a truck of pink carnations.”
“I agree, mam,” Jayln said.
“Have a great day, Riverside!” Principal Snuff ended as the intercom turned off.
“I swear we’re going to get a lawsuit one day,” Mrs. Scott said as she pulled up the notes.
“Yes, he is,” Jayln agreed.
“You don’t have to agree with everything,” Mrs. Scott argued.
“No, I don’t,” Jayln said with a smile.
“Ha! I have a rule of no contractions!” Mrs. Scott pointed out.
“Okay, I will go to ISS now,” Jayln mumbled as she got up.
“Sit back down!” Mrs. Scott ordered.
“She’s in this class,” Steven leaked.
“Ooo, is it Taylor?” Alex guessed.
“NO!” Steven blushed.
“Aww, don’t worry, Steven. I’ll help,” Alex offered.
“Fine,” Steven gave up.
On the other side of Mrs. Scott’s class, Taylor, Emma, and Bob are talking.
“Taylor, who are you going with?” Emma asked.
“Well, I haven’t decided yet,” Taylor responded.
“How about you, Emma?” Bob questioned.
“Well, I think I’m going to rotate dates,” Emma said.
“What does that mean?” Bob thought.
“I’m going to go a fifth with one guy, then with another, and so on,” Emma explained.
“I’m just going with my lattes,” Bob said as she ignored Emma.
“How does that work?” Taylor asked.
“How about Ricky?” Emma recommended. “He’s a cool athlete.”
“Ehh, athletes aren’t really my thing,” Taylor said as she shook off the thought of it.
“Rumor says that he’s interested in you,” Emma said. “And that rumor is me. Also, he told my friend at lunch today.”
“I mean, I guess,” Taylor said. “I want to keep my options open. If I have to, I guess I’ll go with him.”
After school, Alex forced Steven to go over to Taylor. When they got there, Taylor was talking to Bob and Emma.
“Taylor, I was wondering…” Steven said nervously as he walked up to her.
“Taylor!” Ricky shouted as he ran up to her and kissed her on the lips.
“I told you,” Emma said.
“How’s it going?” Ricky yelled.
“Good,” Taylor said as she looked at Steven. “What did you want to say?”
“Nothing,” Steven said as he turned his back and slowly walked away.
“Come on, Steven, I’ll buy you something at Paw’s Latte Shop,” Alex offered as they walked towards the car loop together.

“Good Morning, Riverside!” Principal Snuff greeted on the intercom. “It’s a bright new day, especially when we have Prom tomorrow. The theme of Prom this year is flowers!”
“Settle down and listen to the announcements,” Mrs. Scott said as the class started to get quiet.
“Who are you going to the dance with, Steven?” Alex whispered.
“I don’t really want to say,” Steven replied.
“Who’s the lucky lady?” Alex asked.
“I don’t even know if she likes me,” Steven said in a quick, quiet, and annoyed tone.
“Well, ask her out. You have until tomorrow afternoon,” Alex warned.
“I am aware.”
“So, who is she? I can be your wingman.”
“Trust me, you already make everyone around you look better.”
“I am offended.”
“Grab your pink carnations and rent a pickup truck for this tomorrow. Or limousine, I don’t what you kids are into these days,” Principal Snuff advertised. “You can buy a pink carnation at the school store tomorrow after school.”
“Arg, there goes another one of his song references,” Mrs. Scott sighed. “Also, he actually brought in a truck of pink carnations.”
“I agree, mam,” Jayln said.
“Have a great day, Riverside!” Principal Snuff ended as the intercom turned off.
“I swear we’re going to get a lawsuit one day,” Mrs. Scott said as she pulled up the notes.
“Yes, he is,” Jayln agreed.
“You don’t have to agree with everything,” Mrs. Scott argued.
“No, I don’t,” Jayln said with a smile.
“Ha! I have a rule of no contractions!” Mrs. Scott pointed out.
“Okay, I will go to ISS now,” Jayln mumbled as she got up.
“Sit back down!” Mrs. Scott ordered.
“She’s in this class,” Steven leaked.
“Ooo, is it Taylor?” Alex guessed.
“NO!” Steven blushed.
“Aww, don’t worry, Steven. I’ll help,” Alex offered.
“Fine,” Steven gave up.
On the other side of Mrs. Scott’s class, Taylor, Emma, and Bob are talking.
“Taylor, who are you going with?” Emma asked.
“Well, I haven’t decided yet,” Taylor responded.
“How about you, Emma?” Bob questioned.
“Well, I think I’m going to rotate dates,” Emma said.
“What does that mean?” Bob thought.
“I’m going to go a fifth with one guy, then with another, and so on,” Emma explained.
“I’m just going with my lattes,” Bob said as she ignored Emma.
“How does that work?” Taylor asked.
“How about Ricky?” Emma recommended. “He’s a cool athlete.”
“Ehh, athletes aren’t really my thing,” Taylor said as she shook off the thought of it.
“Rumor says that he’s interested in you,” Emma said. “And that rumor is me. Also, he told my friend at lunch today.”
“I mean, I guess,” Taylor said. “I want to keep my options open. If I have to, I guess I’ll go with him.”
After school, Alex forced Steven to go over to Taylor. When they got there, Taylor was talking to Bob and Emma.
“Taylor, I was wondering…” Steven said nervously as he walked up to her.
“Taylor!” Ricky shouted as he ran up to her and kissed her on the lips.
“I told you,” Emma said.
“How’s it going?” Ricky yelled.
“Good,” Taylor said as she looked at Steven. “What did you want to say?”
“Nothing,” Steven said as he turned his back and slowly walked away.
“Come on, Steven, I’ll buy you something at Paw’s Latte Shop,” Alex offered as they walked towards the car loop together.

“Good evening, Riverside!” Gene greeted at the podium. “Are you ready for Prom?”
The students cheered.
“Remember, we have a photo booth in the back of the gym, and a bunch of snacks are for sale around the perimeter of the gym,” Gene announced. “And here’s my assistant, Jack!”
“Hey, Riverside! Are you ready for Prom? Tonight, we have an exciting song to start off. Since our theme is flowers, we’re starting off with Every Rose Has Its Thorns by Poison!” Jack revealed as Every Rose Has Its Thorns starts playing.
Steven and Alex met up at a punch bowl.
“You look great!” Alex complimented.
“Thanks, you look good too,” Steven smiled. “Thanks for encouraging me to come!”
“What is the power of peer pressure for?” Alex chuckled.
“I guess. Look at her,” Steven said as he looked at Taylor. “She looks like she’s having a good time.”
“Don’t pay attention to her,” Alex advised. “Just drink this spiked punch and listen to this great music.”
“Spiked? How do you know this is spiked?” Steven asked.
“It’s like an 80’s themed dance. Also, I saw a guy slip something from a canister into the punch,” Alex explained.
“We should probably get someone to change that,” Steven suggested.
“Nah,” Alex said as he chugged it.
Steven turned his head and saw Taylor and Ricky.
“Taylor, how’s it go? Would you like to dance?” Ricky requested.
“I’m good,” Taylor said as she looked at Bob.
“Why are you looking at me?” Bob asked as she drank her latte.
“Ehh, how about we go somewhere?” Ricky offered as he grabbed Taylor’s wrist.
“Wait, where are we going?” Taylor demanded to know.
“You’ll see,” Ricky said as he kept walking forward.
“You’ve got this,” Emma shouted.
Steven was sitting in a chair, watching Alex chug spiked punch.
“Every rose is a thorn!” Alex sang with a slur.
“Alex, are you drunk?” Steven questioned.
“I swear to drunk I’m not God,” Alex said with a slur.
“Yeah, you should probably stop drinking,” Steven cautioned.
“Nah, I’m drunk not yacht,” Alex said as he poured more of the spiked punch.
“Yeah, I’m just going to let you be you,” Steven sighed.
About thirty minutes passed, and Bob ran up to Steven.
“Steven!” Bob yelled as she sprinted to him.
“Oh, thank God, someone who’s not drunk,” Steven said in relief.
“Oh, I’m drunk on lattes, but that’s not the point,” Bob shook off. “It’s Taylor, she isn’t picking up her phone. She and Ricky went off somewhere, but I don’t know where.”
“Maybe they went home,” Steven shrugged.
“No, she would at least text. Her phone is going straight to voicemail. I’m afraid something bad is or has happened to her,” Bob said.
“Where do you think they’ll be?” Steven asked.
“Upstairs, dark room,” Emma cut in. “That’s where Ricky takes all of his girlfriends.”
“You need to help her!” Bob said.
“How about you?” Steven asked.
“I’m going to get a teacher,” Emma said as she ran off.
“I’m actually going to get a teacher,” Bob said as she rolled her eyes.
“Well, Alex is too drunk,” Steven sighed as he looked at passed out Alex.
Steven bolted out of the gym and up the stairs to the darkroom. When he cut a corner, a guy grabbed him.
“You’re not going anywhere,” he said as he put Gorilla tape over Steven’s mouth.
“Mmmph!’ Steven screamed.
“Hey, you!” Alex yelled with a slur.
“What now?” he said as he dropped Steven.
“I may be drunk, and puking every five minutes, and drunk, and tired, but I can still kick some assets,” Alex said as he pulled out a tactical pen.
“Do you want to go?” he asked.
“Steven, find go Tyler! I’ll hanble dis ting!” Alex said as he bolted in a zigzagged line towards the guy.
Steven got up and ran towards the darkroom, taking the tape off. “Oh! That hurt!”
“Ricky! Stop!” Taylor screamed from the darkroom.
“Come on!” Ricky replied.
Steven tried to turn the handle, but the door was locked. Steven didn’t give up. He started ramming the door with his entire body until it opened.
“Who dare disturbs me and my date?” Ricky interrogated.
“I am not your date!” Taylor screamed.
“You! I’m going to bash your skull into your body!” Ricky threatened as he started walking towards Steven.
“Drink this!” Bob said as she threw her latte on Ricky.
“Son of a bin!” Ricky yelled as he backed up. “Oh, you’re dead!”
“Run!” Steven shouted as he grabbed Taylor’s hand and bolted towards the door.
“Arg!” Ricky yelled in fury as he chased them down the hallway.
“Alex, let’s go!” Steven ordered as he ran past him.
“Okey,” Alex said as he got off of John. “Don’t go anywhere!”
“Mmmph!” John mumbled.
“John! You’re a failure!” Ricky said as he ran past John.
Steven, Taylor, Bob, and Alex ran down the hall and into a dead end.
“Steven!” Bob scolded.
“You’re trapped!” Ricky said as he slowly walked towards them.
“Ricky!” Principal Snuff yelled.
“What?!” Ricky shouted as he turned around.
“I told you I’d find someone,” Emma smirked.
“What are you doing?” Principal Snuff questioned.
“Umm,” Ricky stuttered.
“Go home! We’ll deal with this tomorrow morning,” Principal Snuff ordered.
“Fine!” Ricky said as he walked away.
“Are you okay?” Principal Snuff asked.
“Yeah,” Taylor responded.
“Okay, you kids have fun. I’ll be handling this tomorrow,” Principal Snuff reassured as he walked away.
“Steven, thank you,” Taylor said.
“No problem!” Steven replied as he blushed.
As they went back down to the dance, Jack was making an announcement.
“I hope y’all are having fun! We’re just about done, so, here’s one last song before we go. Dio, Rainbow In The Dark!” Jack announced.
“When there's lightning
You know it always brings me down
'Cause it's free and I see that it's me
Who's lost and never found”
“Want to dance?” Steven asked as he lent his hand out to Taylor.
“Sure!” Taylor accepted.
“I’m going to go drink some more spiked punch,” Alex said. “I’m starting to get sober.”
“I’m going to go with my eighth date,” Emma said as she hooked arms with a random guy and walked away.
“I love you, Taylor,” Steven said.
“I love you, too,” Taylor replied as she leaned into him.
“There's no sign of the morning coming
You've been left on your own
Like a rainbow in the dark
Just a rainbow in the dark, yeah”

The date is May 27, 2023, the day after Prom. Steven and Alex are at Steven’s house collaborating on what Steven’s future is going to look like with Taylor.
“What normally happens to high school sweethearts is that they go their own separate ways and never see each other again,” Alex stated. “Or… they will stay together.”
“So, what do you think I could do that will let me stay with Taylor?” Steven asked.
“You could plan a grand, romantic gesture to show her that she was not a one-night stand,” Alex suggested. “Show her how much she means to you.”
“Okay,” Steven shrugged. “What do you think I should do?”
“Well, did she want Prom to be special?” Alex questioned.
“I don’t think she cared,” Steven said.
“How about a day of mini romantic gestures?” Alex thought. “You could have roses, do a little boat ride, or something of that nature.”
“Okay,” Steven agreed. “We could do something like that.”
“Swell!” Alex exclaimed. “Let’s get started!”
Alex and Steven spent the rest of the day planning out a romantic day for Steven and Taylor. Later that night, there was a riot at Juvenile Justice, the place that Ricky was sent to. A couple of inmates have escaped, including Ricky Row. Then, early the next morning, Steven woke up to Alex punching him in the arm.
“Ow!” Steven yelled. “What’s that for?”
“It’s time to wake up!” Alex answered.
“What happened?” Steven asked.
“Well, we stayed up all night planning,” Alex replied. “I may or may not have consumed some liquids that I shouldn’t have until I’m older. And when I mean some, I mean bottles.”
“Honestly, why am I not surprised? Regardless,” Steven yawned as he rubbed his eyes. “What’s for breakfast?”
“I should know that because...?” Alex questioned.
“Because you need to eat…?” Steven answered.
“Well, I could eat. But I don’t have to,” Alex explained.
“Just how you can smoke out of here like a demon, but you don’t?” Steven sarcastically compared.
“You know too much,” Alex stated in a deep voice. “Nah. I’m going to get a latte.”
“We don’t have a latte…” Steven paused as Alex pulled out a latte machine from his bag. “I’m not going to question that.”
“And you shouldn’t,” Alex laughed.
“I swear, you remind me of Bob,” Steven sighed.
“Steven, no swearing,” Alex said. “Anyway, back to the plan.”
“I will pick Taylor up at 12:00 p.m. sharp,” Steven recalled. “I will take her out for a nice dinner. We’ll go see… Extruder. Alex, that’s a horror movie!”
“Exactly, she’ll be holding you tight during it,” Alex reassured.
“No, I’ll be soiling my pants and closing my eyes,” Steven argued.
“What? No?” Alex said in disbelief. “It’s about seven teenagers going into an abandoned house and getting killed by the ghost of a girl or something like that.”
“Still! Also, it’s rated for having very bloody and horrific scenes!” Steven yelled.
“Well, the tickets are booked,” Alex stated.
“Alex!” Steven shouted. “I told you not to book any movies until we were sure.”
“I thought you said don’t book any restaurant,” Alex thought.
“Alex! I am going to kill you!” Steven threatened.
“I’ll go correct everything,” Alex sighed as he opened up Steven’s window and jumped out.
“Alex?!” Steven yelled as he ran over to his window.
“I’m okay,” Alex said as he dusted the dirt off of him. “But I don’t think this squirrel is.”
“That was a twenty-foot drop!” Steven reminded. “How did you not get hurt?”
“Disney Magic,” Alex answered as he started to run down the block.
“And your stuff?” Steven questioned.
“I’ll get that when I feel like it,” Alex shouted from the end of the block.
“Whatever,” Steven shrugged as he went back inside.

Alex corrected everything. Steven and Taylor’s reservations were made and Alex scalped the tickets and bought tickets to PT. Steven sent out a text to Taylor and waited for a response. Alex got Bob and Emma involved. Alex met them at Paw’s Latte Shop to discuss everything.
“Exactly, what are we doing?” Bob asked as she sipped her latte.
“We are planning a romantic afternoon for Steven and Taylor because we can,” Alex answered.
“Sounds like fun!” Emma exclaimed.
“So, I have booked a science fiction/romantic movie for them at 4:30. After that, it’ll be around 6:15 when they leave to head down to Persian Pasta. At 7:30, they will head down to the carnival, and at 8:00, about when the sun sets, they will ride on the Ferris wheel,” Alex explained. “You guys will help me get the movie theatre empty for them, then we’ll find the perfect spot for them at Persian Pasta. And then we’ll get the carnival people to greet them with open arms and all of that fun stuff. Then at eight, we will make sure only they can enter the Ferris wheel and ride them all the way to the top, then stop them, and let them enjoy the beautiful sunset together.”
“Sounds so romantic!” Emma said with excitement.
“I guess this can work,” Bob shrugged as she sipped her latte.
Meanwhile, Steven is anticipating the response from Taylor.
Taylor, would you like to go out on a date with me? - cat_steven
Steven saw the three dots from the bottom left corner indicating that the other person is typing something.
I guess. Where though? - mysterious_taylor
Persian Pasta. Then, we could go to the carnival afterward.
- cat_steven
Sure, what time? - mysterious_taylor
12:00 p.m. sharp - cat_steven
Well, I guess it’s a date! - mysterious_taylor
“Woohoo!” Steven shouted as he jumped and landed on his back in his bed, and he whipped out his phone and called Alex.
“Please leave your message for: The Stev,” Alex said as he picked up the phone.
“She said ‘yes!’” Steven cried out with excitement.
“I knew you could do it!” Alex replied.
“Go, Steven!” Emma cheered.
“Wait, Emma?” Steven asked.
“Yeah, I’m with them right meow,” Alex answered.
“Oh, okay,” Steven shrugged. “How’s everything going on your end?”
“Just… swell!” Alex responded. “Everything is set.”
“Well, it’s about ten,” Steven observed. “I should probably get ready.”
“Yes, you should,” Alex agreed as he hung up.
“Alex, Emma, I just got a breaking news alert on my phone,” Bob said. “It said there was a riot at Juvenile Justice, and a couple of inmates have escaped.”
“Juvenile Justice… isn’t that where Ricky was sent?” Emma thought.
“Yeah,” Alex replied.
“Oh, there’s another thing,” Bob added. “Some prisoners escaped including John Howard and… Ricky Row.”
“He’s out!” Emma yelled. “We must warn Steven!”
“No,” Alex said. “We will not let them ruin Steven’s purrfect day. We will stop them ourselves.”
“We can’t beat Ricky by ourselves!” Emma exclaimed.
“Yes, we can!” Alex motivated.
“I guess we could,” Bob thought.
“I can take on John easily. Heck, I can take him on intoxicated,” Alex stated.
“Speaking of which, do you still have that spiked punch?” Bob asked.
“Obviously,” Alex laughed. “But seriously, we need to keep an eye out for those two. I’m sure they still have a score to settle with us.”
“So, what weapons should we get?” Bob viciously asked.
“I have knives,” Alex said.
“No, we are not using knives against them,” Emma rejected.
“Well, they’ll use whatever, even if knives are laying around, to win,” Alex stated.
“True, they will fight dirty,” Bob agreed.
“Everybody,” Alex started as he grabbed his bag. “Grab a tactical pen. These are bound to do a number on them.”

Alex corrected everything. Steven and Taylor’s reservations were made and Alex scalped the tickets and bought tickets to PT. Steven sent out a text to Taylor and waited for a response. Alex got Bob and Emma involved. Alex met them at Paw’s Latte Shop to discuss everything.
“Exactly, what are we doing?” Bob asked as she sipped her latte.
“We are planning a romantic afternoon for Steven and Taylor because we can,” Alex answered.
“Sounds like fun!” Emma exclaimed.
“So, I have booked a science fiction/romantic movie for them at 4:30. After that, it’ll be around 6:15 when they leave to head down to Persian Pasta. At 7:30, they will head down to the carnival, and at 8:00, about when the sun sets, they will ride on the Ferris wheel,” Alex explained. “You guys will help me get the movie theatre empty for them, then we’ll find the perfect spot for them at Persian Pasta. And then we’ll get the carnival people to greet them with open arms and all of that fun stuff. Then at eight, we will make sure only they can enter the Ferris wheel and ride them all the way to the top, then stop them, and let them enjoy the beautiful sunset together.”
“Sounds so romantic!” Emma said with excitement.
“I guess this can work,” Bob shrugged as she sipped her latte.
Meanwhile, Steven is anticipating the response from Taylor.
Taylor, would you like to go out on a date with me? - cat_steven
Steven saw the three dots from the bottom left corner indicating that the other person is typing something.
I guess. Where though? - mysterious_taylor
Persian Pasta. Then, we could go to the carnival afterward.
- cat_steven
Sure, what time? - mysterious_taylor
12:00 p.m. sharp - cat_steven
Well, I guess it’s a date! - mysterious_taylor
“Woohoo!” Steven shouted as he jumped and landed on his back in his bed, and he whipped out his phone and called Alex.
“Please leave your message for: The Stev,” Alex said as he picked up the phone.
“She said ‘yes!’” Steven cried out with excitement.
“I knew you could do it!” Alex replied.
“Go, Steven!” Emma cheered.
“Wait, Emma?” Steven asked.
“Yeah, I’m with them right meow,” Alex answered.
“Oh, okay,” Steven shrugged. “How’s everything going on your end?”
“Just… swell!” Alex responded. “Everything is set.”
“Well, it’s about ten,” Steven observed. “I should probably get ready.”
“Yes, you should,” Alex agreed as he hung up.
“Alex, Emma, I just got a breaking news alert on my phone,” Bob said. “It said there was a riot at Juvenile Justice, and a couple of inmates have escaped.”
“Juvenile Justice… isn’t that where Ricky was sent?” Emma thought.
“Yeah,” Alex replied.
“Oh, there’s another thing,” Bob added. “Some prisoners escaped including John Howard and… Ricky Row.”
“He’s out!” Emma yelled. “We must warn Steven!”
“No,” Alex said. “We will not let them ruin Steven’s purrfect day. We will stop them ourselves.”
“We can’t beat Ricky by ourselves!” Emma exclaimed.
“Yes, we can!” Alex motivated.
“I guess we could,” Bob thought.
“I can take on John easily. Heck, I can take him on intoxicated,” Alex stated.
“Speaking of which, do you still have that spiked punch?” Bob asked.
“Obviously,” Alex laughed. “But seriously, we need to keep an eye out for those two. I’m sure they still have a score to settle with us.”
“So, what weapons should we get?” Bob viciously asked.
“I have knives,” Alex said.
“No, we are not using knives against them,” Emma rejected.
“Well, they’ll use whatever, even if knives are laying around, to win,” Alex stated.
“True, they will fight dirty,” Bob agreed.
“Everybody,” Alex started as he grabbed his bag. “Grab a tactical pen. These are bound to do a number on them.”

Alex corrected everything. Steven and Taylor’s reservations were made and Alex scalped the tickets and bought tickets to PT. Steven sent out a text to Taylor and waited for a response. Alex got Bob and Emma involved. Alex met them at Paw’s Latte Shop to discuss everything.
“Exactly, what are we doing?” Bob asked as she sipped her latte.
“We are planning a romantic afternoon for Steven and Taylor because we can,” Alex answered.
“Sounds like fun!” Emma exclaimed.
“So, I have booked a science fiction/romantic movie for them at 4:30. After that, it’ll be around 6:15 when they leave to head down to Persian Pasta. At 7:30, they will head down to the carnival, and at 8:00, about when the sun sets, they will ride on the Ferris wheel,” Alex explained. “You guys will help me get the movie theatre empty for them, then we’ll find the perfect spot for them at Persian Pasta. And then we’ll get the carnival people to greet them with open arms and all of that fun stuff. Then at eight, we will make sure only they can enter the Ferris wheel and ride them all the way to the top, then stop them, and let them enjoy the beautiful sunset together.”
“Sounds so romantic!” Emma said with excitement.
“I guess this can work,” Bob shrugged as she sipped her latte.
Meanwhile, Steven is anticipating the response from Taylor.
Taylor, would you like to go out on a date with me? - cat_steven
Steven saw the three dots from the bottom left corner indicating that the other person is typing something.
I guess. Where though? - mysterious_taylor
Persian Pasta. Then, we could go to the carnival afterward.
- cat_steven
Sure, what time? - mysterious_taylor
12:00 p.m. sharp - cat_steven
Well, I guess it’s a date! - mysterious_taylor
“Woohoo!” Steven shouted as he jumped and landed on his back in his bed, and he whipped out his phone and called Alex.
“Please leave your message for: The Stev,” Alex said as he picked up the phone.
“She said ‘yes!’” Steven cried out with excitement.
“I knew you could do it!” Alex replied.
“Go, Steven!” Emma cheered.
“Wait, Emma?” Steven asked.
“Yeah, I’m with them right meow,” Alex answered.
“Oh, okay,” Steven shrugged. “How’s everything going on your end?”
“Just… swell!” Alex responded. “Everything is set.”
“Well, it’s about ten,” Steven observed. “I should probably get ready.”
“Yes, you should,” Alex agreed as he hung up.
“Alex, Emma, I just got a breaking news alert on my phone,” Bob said. “It said there was a riot at Juvenile Justice, and a couple of inmates have escaped.”
“Juvenile Justice… isn’t that where Ricky was sent?” Emma thought.
“Yeah,” Alex replied.
“Oh, there’s another thing,” Bob added. “Some prisoners escaped including John Howard and… Ricky Row.”
“He’s out!” Emma yelled. “We must warn Steven!”
“No,” Alex said. “We will not let them ruin Steven’s purrfect day. We will stop them ourselves.”
“We can’t beat Ricky by ourselves!” Emma exclaimed.
“Yes, we can!” Alex motivated.
“I guess we could,” Bob thought.
“I can take on John easily. Heck, I can take him on intoxicated,” Alex stated.
“Speaking of which, do you still have that spiked punch?” Bob asked.
“Obviously,” Alex laughed. “But seriously, we need to keep an eye out for those two. I’m sure they still have a score to settle with us.”
“So, what weapons should we get?” Bob viciously asked.
“I have knives,” Alex said.
“No, we are not using knives against them,” Emma rejected.
“Well, they’ll use whatever, even if knives are laying around, to win,” Alex stated.
“True, they will fight dirty,” Bob agreed.
“Everybody,” Alex started as he grabbed his bag. “Grab a tactical pen. These are bound to do a number on them.”

Alex corrected everything. Steven and Taylor’s reservations were made and Alex scalped the tickets and bought tickets to PT. Steven sent out a text to Taylor and waited for a response. Alex got Bob and Emma involved. Alex met them at Paw’s Latte Shop to discuss everything.
“Exactly, what are we doing?” Bob asked as she sipped her latte.
“We are planning a romantic afternoon for Steven and Taylor because we can,” Alex answered.
“Sounds like fun!” Emma exclaimed.
“So, I have booked a science fiction/romantic movie for them at 4:30. After that, it’ll be around 6:15 when they leave to head down to Persian Pasta. At 7:30, they will head down to the carnival, and at 8:00, about when the sun sets, they will ride on the Ferris wheel,” Alex explained. “You guys will help me get the movie theatre empty for them, then we’ll find the perfect spot for them at Persian Pasta. And then we’ll get the carnival people to greet them with open arms and all of that fun stuff. Then at eight, we will make sure only they can enter the Ferris wheel and ride them all the way to the top, then stop them, and let them enjoy the beautiful sunset together.”
“Sounds so romantic!” Emma said with excitement.
“I guess this can work,” Bob shrugged as she sipped her latte.
Meanwhile, Steven is anticipating the response from Taylor.
Taylor, would you like to go out on a date with me? - cat_steven
Steven saw the three dots from the bottom left corner indicating that the other person is typing something.
I guess. Where though? - mysterious_taylor
Persian Pasta. Then, we could go to the carnival afterward.
- cat_steven
Sure, what time? - mysterious_taylor
12:00 p.m. sharp - cat_steven
Well, I guess it’s a date! - mysterious_taylor
“Woohoo!” Steven shouted as he jumped and landed on his back in his bed, and he whipped out his phone and called Alex.
“Please leave your message for: The Stev,” Alex said as he picked up the phone.
“She said ‘yes!’” Steven cried out with excitement.
“I knew you could do it!” Alex replied.
“Go, Steven!” Emma cheered.
“Wait, Emma?” Steven asked.
“Yeah, I’m with them right meow,” Alex answered.
“Oh, okay,” Steven shrugged. “How’s everything going on your end?”
“Just… swell!” Alex responded. “Everything is set.”
“Well, it’s about ten,” Steven observed. “I should probably get ready.”
“Yes, you should,” Alex agreed as he hung up.
“Alex, Emma, I just got a breaking news alert on my phone,” Bob said. “It said there was a riot at Juvenile Justice, and a couple of inmates have escaped.”
“Juvenile Justice… isn’t that where Ricky was sent?” Emma thought.
“Yeah,” Alex replied.
“Oh, there’s another thing,” Bob added. “Some prisoners escaped including John Howard and… Ricky Row.”
“He’s out!” Emma yelled. “We must warn Steven!”
“No,” Alex said. “We will not let them ruin Steven’s purrfect day. We will stop them ourselves.”
“We can’t beat Ricky by ourselves!” Emma exclaimed.
“Yes, we can!” Alex motivated.
“I guess we could,” Bob thought.
“I can take on John easily. Heck, I can take him on intoxicated,” Alex stated.
“Speaking of which, do you still have that spiked punch?” Bob asked.
“Obviously,” Alex laughed. “But seriously, we need to keep an eye out for those two. I’m sure they still have a score to settle with us.”
“So, what weapons should we get?” Bob viciously asked.
“I have knives,” Alex said.
“No, we are not using knives against them,” Emma rejected.
“Well, they’ll use whatever, even if knives are laying around, to win,” Alex stated.
“True, they will fight dirty,” Bob agreed.
“Everybody,” Alex started as he grabbed his bag. “Grab a tactical pen. These are bound to do a number on them.”

Steven drove down to Taylor’s house to pick her up for their date. Steven, very nervously, rang the doorbell and waited. Steven was in a white tuxedo with a black under-shirt. Taylor opened up the door, and Steven was awestruck. She was wearing a red dress with flowers. There was a red flower in her hair, calliope.
“May I?” Steven asked as he lent a hand out to Taylor.
“You may,” Taylor answered as she took Steven’s hand.
Steven and Taylor got into a pickup truck and drove to Persian Pasta. Steven got the pickup truck by renting it for prom at the suggestion of Principal Snuff. Steven and Taylor went to Cat’s Cinema to watch PT. They walked up to the counter to purchase tickets.
“How is art thou doing today?” Alex asked.
“Alex?” Steven interrogated.
“Two tickets for PT,” Taylor said as she opened up her purse.
“Oh, no need for the money,” Alex replied. “Your tickets and snacks were already paid for.”
Alex handed Steven two tickets, a giant bag of popcorn, and two large cups.
“Thanks?” Steven said as Taylor grabbed her cup and filled it up with soda.
Steven and Taylor watched Pt together and ate and drank their concessions. Afterward, Steven escorted Taylor to the table and waited for their waiter.
“How are you doing today?” Alex asked. “May I take what you are going to drink?”
Alex was wearing an apron and a black long-sleeved shirt. He was holding a pen and paper, ready to write down anything.
“Alex? Are you following us?” Steven questioned again.
“No, it says right here my name is…” Alex paused and looked down at his name tag, “Theodore. What the… yes, it is I, Alex.”
“What are you doing here?” Steven asked.
“Umm, working,” Alex shrugged. “So, give me your orders.”
“I’ll get the Alfredo Salmon Pasta and root beer,” Taylor said.
“Okay, and you sir?” Alex asked as he wrote something down.
“I’ll make pasta with meat sauce,” Steven hesitated.
“Okay,” Alex said. “And to drink?”
“Oh, yeah. I would like water,” Steven answered.
“Really?” Alex paused. “I’m putting you down for a coke. Well, I’ll be back in a couple of minutes with your drinks.”
Steven and Taylor enjoyed their dinner and then Alex walked up to them.
“Will that be all?” Alex asked.
“I think so,” Taylor answered.
“Okay here’s your check,” Alex said as he handed Steven the check.
“Thanks?” Steven smiled as he hesitantly grabbed the check. “$0?!”
“Yeah, it was paid for,” Alex stated.
“Okay?” Steven said.
Steven and Taylor headed off to the carnival. When they arrived, Emma was running the admission stand. She was flirting with the other teenage guys there.
“Emma?!” Taylor exclaimed. “How’s it going?”
“I’m doing great!” Emma replied. “Oh, yeah! Here are your tickets.”
“Thanks,” Steven said as he handed Emma ten dollars.
“No fees needed,” Emma stated. “It has already been paid for.”
“Did Alex pay for everything?” Steven questioned.
“For the most part,” Emma shrugged as she continued flirting.
Steven and Taylor continued their way into the carnival until a booth caught their eye.
“Can we try that booth?” Taylor begged. “I really want that giant stuffed cat.”
“I guess,” Steven agreed as they walked over there.
As Steven and Taylor walked to the booth, Bob popped out from behind the booth.
“Heya!” Bob greeted as she drank her latte.
“I would like to play you…” Steven paused to think about what the game is called, “game where you try to knock the milk jugs over.”
“Sure!” Bob exclaimed as she gave Steven three balls. “You have three attempts.”
Steven grabbed threw the first two balls and completely missed.
“Steven, you need to hit this last one,” Taylor urged.
“Come on!” Bob yelled as she kept drinking her latte. “There are three milk jugs you need to hit.”
Steven wound back his arm and chucked the ball and hit the tarp behind the jugs. Bob kicked the table and all of the jugs fell off.
“Congratulations!” Bob commented as she sipped her latte. “What would you like?”
“That giant cat,” Steven answered.
“Okay!” Bob replied as she handed over the giant cat plushy.
“Yay! Steven!” Taylor cheered as she squeezed the plushy.
Steven and Taylor wandered around for a while. Taylor stopped Steven right in front of the funhouse.
“Let’s go in!” Taylor said.
“Okay,” Steven agreed as he checked his watch.
The time was about 7:45, and the sky started to darken. Alex was waiting at the Ferris wheel. Steven and Taylor headed in. Two people with masks came up behind Steven and Taylor.
“Taylor,” Steven started before he stopped and looked at the masked people. “Can I help y’all?”
The shorter one with a lion mask pushed Steven into the wall as the taller one with the falcon mask grabbed Taylor’s wrist and made their way to the nearest exit.
“Get off!” Taylor screamed as she tried to fight back.
“Taylor!” Steven shouted as he punched the lion mask in their face, cracking the mask.
When the mask started to crack, Steven pulled the two ends apart.
“John?” Steven questioned.
“Yes, it is I!” John answered as he fixed his hair.
“I thought you were in juvie?” Steven stated.
“I was. Ricky and I escaped,” John explained as he tackled Steven through the wall.
John and Steven broke a hole through the wall, and they landed outside of the funhouse.
“John, you better start running,” Emma stated as she lifted a wooden club.
“Yeah, what are you going to do?” John taunted as he got off of Steven.
“It’s not what she’s going to do. It’s what I’m going to do,” Alex threatened as he came up from behind him.
“You! I have a bone to pick with you!” John yelled as he turned around and punched Alex back into the funhouse.
“Ow!” Alex said sarcastically as he stood up inside of the funhouse and cracked his neck both ways. “That kind of hurt.”
“Arg!” John screamed as he ran back into the funhouse.
“Steven, are you okay?” Emma asked as she helped Steven up. “Where’s Taylor?”
“Ricky has her,” Steven started as he whipped the blood coming from his nose. “It’s just a tiny nose bleed.”
“Steven!” Taylor cried out from a hundred feet away.
“She’s near the Ferris wheel,” Emma noted.
“Well, what are we waiting for?” Steven questioned.
“Let me go!” Taylor pleaded.
“Dude! Turn this thing on and ride us to the top!” Ricky ordered as he stepped up to the gate with Taylor.
“Okay,” the guy obeyed as he flipped a switch.
Ricky opened up the nearest cart and threw Taylor inside and slammed the door behind him. Their cart went all the way at the top and stopped.
“You see? Isn’t this a nice and romantic evening?” Ricky sarcastically asked.
Steven and Emma arrived at the bottom of the Ferris wheel. Bob arrived shortly after.
“What’s going on? Steven, why aren’t you in the wheel?” Bob panicked as she sipped her latte.
“Ricky’s up there with Taylor!” Steven shouted.
“Dude! Get them down from there!” Emma ordered the guy operating the stand.
“Nah!” the guy denied as he broke the switch.
“You stupid thing!” Emma yelled as she started slapping the guy.
“Well, I guess you’re going to have to climb to them,” Bob thought as she took a giant gulp of her latte.
“Arg!” Steven screamed. “I didn’t think this is how I’d spend my romantic day with her.”
“I’m just getting started!” Alex stated as he threw John at Steven’s feet.
“Alex, I need to scale the Ferris wheel,” Steven said. “How do you think I could do that?”
“Well, you could climb it,” Alex suggested.
“Ha, very funny,” Steven sarcastically laughed.
“Steven,” John angrily whispered as he started to stand up.
“Give me a second,” Alex replied as he picked John up and threw him in a nearby pond. “Why do you need to scale the Ferris wheel?”
“Because the guy that Emma is beating up broke the switch to get them both down,” Steven explained.
“I’ll try to reroute the circuits so that they can work, but besides that, I can’t really help,” Alex stated.
“Well, I guess I’m climbing this thing,” Steven exhaled.
“Bob, help me pull this panel apart,” Alex ordered.
Alex and Bob worked on getting the Ferris wheel to operate again as Steven started climbing the Ferris wheel. He was about twenty out of two hundred feet when he started freaking out. Steven started to heavily breathe as he started to look down. The ground looked so far away, but he knew he wasn’t even halfway there. Steven pushed through and kept climbing. The time was approximately 7:56. The sky was getting darker as the sun started to set. Steven felt a nice and cool breeze. He was sweating head to toe as he kept climbing. He reached the middle and took a little break. He looked down and almost fell off. Steven closed his eyes and hugged the closest pole near him. Steven kept thinking about how he should be up at the top of the Ferris wheel with Taylor right now. Tears started coming out of him as he sat and cried, losing hope.
“Steven! You’re almost there!” Alex shouted.
“You’ve got this!” Emma cheered.
“We believe in you!” Bob yelled.
Steven looked down at his friends and knew that they believed in him. Steven continued to climb the Ferris wheel and made it to the top cart. Steven opened up the cart and found Taylor trying to push herself away from Ricky.
“There’s not enough room in here for both of us!” Ricky stated as he started to push Steven out.
Steven held on to the inside of the door. Then, Taylor tackled Ricky and they both went flying out of the cart. Steven grabbed Taylor’s hand, and Ricky grabbed Taylor’s ankle.
“Get off!” Taylor screamed as she started kicking Ricky in the face.
“Taylor, hold on!” Steven desperately yelled.
“You’re going to have to let her go,” Ricky stated. “Or else you’re going to have to deal with me.”
The Ferris wheel started to descend. Alex and Bob got it to start working again. The cart started to shake, and Steven almost lost his grip on the cart. His hands are still sweaty from climbing the Ferris Wheel. His grip on Taylor started to loosen. Ricky’s hand slipped, and he fell. Steven quickly pulled Taylor into the cart and hugged her tightly. Taylor shut the door of the cart as they waited to get all the way down to the bottom.
“Are you okay?” Steven asked.
“Yeah, I’m fine,” Taylor answered.
Their cart stopped at the bottom as they were greeted by Alex, Emma, and Bob.
“Steven!” Alex shouted as he opened up the cart door and escorted them out.
“Wait, where’s Ricky?” Emma questioned.
“He fell off,” Taylor said.
“Well, he didn’t fall off far because we didn’t see anything drop, well, at least not all the way down to the ground,” Bob stated as she drank her latte.
“Steven!” Ricky yelled with fierce anger as he stood on top of the Ferris wheel cart.
“I got him,” Alex reassured as he stepped forward.
“Steven!” Ricky yelled again as he jumped from the cart and landed in front of them. “Let’s fight!”
Ricky pulled out a switchblade. Alex threw a tactical pen to Steven.
“What?” Steven asked in confusion.
“Don’t worry, we can take him on together,” Alex shrugged.
“Freeze!” a police officer commanded as he drew his gun on Ricky.
“It’s about time!” Bob shouted.
“No!” Ricky yelled as he dashed towards Steven.
Alex stepped in front of Steven. Steven closed his eyes as a few shots were fired. When Steven opened up his eyes, Ricky was on the ground. Steven looked to his left and saw Alex with a gunshot wound in his stomach.
“Alex?!” Steven cried as he tried to hold him up.
“I’m fine. Everything’s fine!” Alex said as he dropped to the ground.
About thirty minutes later, police and ambulances arrived at the scene. Alex was rushed to the hospital. Ricky was pronounced dead. John was also rushed to the hospital to be treated for his fight with Alex. Steven, Taylor, Emma, and Bob waited in the lounge area of the hospital to find out what happened to Alex.
“Patient, Alexander Smith has made a full recovery,” the doctor stated as he walked out of the double doors. “It’s a miracle. We’ve never seen anything like that before.”
“Yes!” they cheered as Alex made his way out with a hospital gown on.
“Frankly, I don’t like these things, but they’re comfortable,” Alex stated as he was bombarded with hugs from his friends.
Even though the day didn’t go as planned, Steven and Taylor’s relationship got stronger. John attempted to press charges on Alex, but that never went to trial. Everything turned out okay.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.