My sister's secret. | Teen Ink

My sister's secret.

By Rissa_Lynn, seminole, Oregon
Rissa_Lynn, Seminole, Oregon

Summary:

He stands in front of me the man I have no choice but to marry he is too tall and over powering. But as the priest says the last words of the ceremony I look into my new husbands eyes to see a sincere understanding, how could he possibly understand hadn’t he been in cahoots with my father? As the multitude of people file out to the reception room he pulls me back sitting me down on one of the wooden benches. “I know you didn’t want to marry me but, know this; I shall never harm you nor force you, never go against the bonds of our marriage, as long as you treat me with the same respect.” He says, his eyes boring into mine. So dark, his eyes but I see sincerity in them, I hadn’t seen in many men of the court. “I am your wife that is all, to cook, clean, and raise the children I bare for you, but I will not go against the bonds of our marriage, if that is all Mr. Collins I suggest we go to our reception.” I reply in a sharp and critical tone, as I meet his eyes I see his disappointment. What did he want? Me to say I love him, which is not true this is merely a marriage of convenience and nothing else. I stand and we go to our wedding party, which should have been a happy affair, one where we laugh and dance proclaiming our love for one another but I knew I would never have a wedding like that, because I am now married to him.

Rissa L.

My sister's secret.

livethelifeyouwanttolive BRONZE, North Haven, Connecticut

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"
- Lewis Caroll (Alice In Wonderland)

This is an amazing book! Definitely keep writing!!! :D

MiNdLeSsLuVeRgIrL BRONZE, Kenly, North Carolina

If you love something let it go, if it comes back its yours if it doesn't, it never was!

plz make more