When I'm Gone | Teen Ink

When I'm Gone

By unwrittenlove DIAMOND, Mount Berry, Georgia
unwrittenlove DIAMOND, Mount Berry, Georgia

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be" -anonymous

Summary:

Claire is a 25 year old girl, searching for peace in her life. Her past is full of beatings, babies and hatred. She ran away from that 10 years ago and now is in New York City being what she has always wanted to be.

Enter Michael.

Michael is patient, kind, and understanding; everything Claire can't stand. When Michael rescues Claire from a fire, he falls in love. He decided that he would keep trailing her until she finally opens up.

Sooner than later, he wonders if she ever will share the story of her past. Then, one fateful Tuesday will change everything for them. Even their love for each other.

Kaitlyn S.

When I'm Gone

writemymusic33 GOLD, Dublin, Ohio
wow. amazing. this made me bawl! so so sad :'( but extrememly powerful. you have great talent, i hope you always keep writing.

orangeapple said...
 at 1:35am during a storm while listening to the song Arms of an Angel I found this story. I cried the whole time reading it and I am still crying. This made me feel really really really depressed.

Alex_Durham GOLD, Vineland, New Jersey

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Awwwwwww that was great. I'm crying. :-)

RRRRR BRONZE said...
RRRRR BRONZE, Orrville, Ohio
1 article 1 photo 83 comments

"Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is when you don't."- Pete Seeger

"I didn't quit because I wasn't strong enough to live through it, i stopped because i was strong enough to move on." -Unknown

I am literally crying right now. I don't even have words to describe how great this was. Great job. 

FallenAngel1 SILVER, Chula Vista, California

"Good Night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that i shall say good night till it be morrow."-Romeo and Juliet act II scene II, William Shakespeare
"What's In a name? That which we call a rosse by any other name would smell as sweet."-Romeo

This is so good. You are an awesome writer and this should be something that you should persue. I cried, tears were running down my cheeks. But i was also happy, happy because that was what they story was meant to do, make you feel so much emotion that you would judt want to start crying. Kudos to you, please keep it up!!!

Rose15 SILVER said...
Rose15 SILVER, Rockville, Maryland

Love exsists, dont search for it. Because it will find you.

wow, is all I can say. I dont know when you wrote this but it was amazing. Claire reminds me of myself. I cried while I read the last 4 chapters. I felt the pain inside of Claire. Its sad to think this was probably a true story in someones life. Thank you for writting this. You have true remarkable talent.

brookyboo said...
brookyboo, Houston, Texas

just because you paint a picture doesn't mean it fits the frame

I loved this book! It was such a great story! I hope you write more stories! Keep it up!

Thank you so much!

Kathy4222 said...
What a great story!!!  You put alot of time and effort into this.  Keep up the good work.