Revenge | Teen Ink

Revenge

December 22, 2014
By Amora McSwain, San Diego, California
More by this author
Amora McSwain, San Diego, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I really love werewolves when it comes to supernatural so I decided that would be my topics for the book.


 



Chapter 1


All was quiet as a twelve year old Xavier sat next to his dead parents bodies. As he looked in their eyes he realised that was what he would miss the most other than their warm embrace that made all fear leave him. He would never be able to see the love in their eyes when they looked at each other or at him, all he could see now were their dead eyes. The only thing running through his mind was the scene of his parents being bitten and clawed by werewolves and not even crying out for help. Instead of shutting out his feelings and becoming numb, he embraced everything from the love to all the heart aching pain he felt running through his body. He decided to embrace the thing that would keep him going which was his anger against the ones who betrayed their pack. He knew at this moment that he nor his wolf would rest until they were able to have the metallic taste of their blood on his tongue, to hear as they begged for mercy.

             As Xavier moved away from his parents' bodies all he could think was that he wasn't ready to be the alpha of his pack or a leader of those who had lived through this horrible massacre. The only ones who had survived we kids who were ten and up. These were kids who needed their parents at this age and he was only one person. Xavier, deciding to be the great alpha his father was gathered up all the children in one group and made his way with all of the horrified children back to the pack house. While everyone sat down in quietness Xavier went up to his parents room and cried out his anger, pain, and sadness that was within him. He decided there would be no more tears after this and that he needed to be strong.

         A few weeks after the death of those who had died no one was the same. No one smiled, laughed, or even acknowledged each other. Xavier decided that something had to be done and that they needed to come together as one or they would all lose their minds trying to deal with everything on their own.

"Everyone come down stairs," Xavier yelled as his voice bounced off the walls throughout the entire house. You could hear a groan of complaining throughout the house as everyone was awoken by Xavier's alpha command. Xavier only used his alpha voice when it was important so that no one would disobey him.

Xavier could hear a pair of heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. As he looked up he noticed it was the daughter of the people who tried to save his parents but had died in the process. Her name was Hope, but he rarely ever saw her due to the fact that she lived in the east wing of the house. She looked just like her mom with her dark brown, wavy hair and her slim figure. She got her freckles from her father along with her nose and caramel colored skin. Her brother though was the one who got all of his looks from his father. He had dark black hair, green eyes, tall structure, and he was very muscular for a fifteen year old.

“Why have you called us down, can't you see we just want mourn those who have been lost?" Hope snapped at she descended Dow the stairs.

“I have called you here so that we could talk not just as a pack but as friends and family," said Xavier as he looked at her with demanding yet sincere eyes. After everyone settled down in the living room he went over how everything would be going differently so that everyone would come together as one. After the meeting was over all Xavier could do was hope that everyone got along and be a great leader.

Chapter 2

        Ten years later...
             Xavier groaned as he was awoken from yet another nightmare filled sleep that brought back the horror of his parents being gone forever from his life. As he sat up he looked over to his clock to find that it was almost time for his pack meeting with the other alphas within the area about all the rogues that have been showing up within their territories looking to start a fight. Xavier wasn’t looking forward to this meeting because this meant that there would probably be a war coming if only the alphas were meeting and that would also mean losing a lot of lives.
When Xavier snapped out of his intense thinking he walked into his very messy bathroom. There were towels thrown on the floor, dirt rings around his huge bathtub, and some of his undergarments thrown in different parts of the bathroom. When he looked back at his clock he decided he had enough time to clean up the bathroom and himself.
After thirty minutes Xavier was already down stairs cleaned, a little tired, and very ready for this meeting to be started so that it could end. When Xavier looked up he could see the other alphas arriving in their cars because of his enhanced sight. As their cars  pulled up Xavier walked down  the stairs to greet them as they stepped out of their cars into the summer air. When Xavier looked at them some of them looked to be old but the rested looked to be in their early thirties. As Xavier stood there the other alphas came to greet him.
“Hi my name is John from the Silvermoon pack,” said them man with midnight black hair, green eyes, and who looked to be a good six foot four. The next man to greet him was one of the men who looked very old his grey hairs that were beginning to grow at the sides of his head in various spots and wrinkles that covered parts of his face, but mostly around his eyes. Even though he looked old he just gave off this aura that seemed like no matter how old he was he could take you down in some sort of way if not physically. As he came up to Xavier he had a huge smile on his face that just made you want to smile.
“Good morning Xavier it is very nice to meet you,” he said as he put his hand out for Xavier to take.

“My name is Valko from the Nightshade pack.” The man said in a slightly cheerful tone that didn't shock Xavier, but amused him.
             As Xavier shook his hands he couldn’t help but feel like he had a connection with this man and knew him from somewhere. He didn’t have time to figure it out because the man had already gone into the house to the pack meeting room and the other two alphas had yet to introduce themselves. As the last two walked up he noticed they both looked the same with their dark brown hair, blue eyes, high cheekbones, and a birthmark right next to the nose and under their right eye.
        
             "Hello my name is Dawn and this is my twin brother Shawn, we share the alpha title of the Raven pack," Dawn said as he bowed his head slightly as a show of respect. After the greetings were made he lead Dawn and Shawn to where the others were waiting. Xavier was  feeling frustrated trying find something else going on in his mind other than focusing on the bad news that he was about to get from the other alphas. The more he tried to get his mind off the rogues the deeper it went into his mind. Then he felt like he could do nothing until he got to the main source which was the one sending all the rogues into their territories.
             When Xavier finally came out of his own head he noticed the other alphas were staring at him and that was when he realised they had already began to talk about the situation at hand. After he sat there for a minute he asked a little embarassed,”Could you repeat that?”
“Yes.I said we all know this is about rogues and that we haven’t seen this many since ten years ago when some of the surrounding pack including yours were attacked, so where should we start in finding the main source,” said Valko with a hint of irritation in his voice. Xavier sat in his chair with his forehead scrunched up and his fists clenched by his side as he thought about how they could catch this leader. As he was thinking one of the twin alphas of the Raven pack decided to speak out.
“Well why don’t we just hire some trackers or catch one of the rogues and they could lead us to the man himself or woman,” said Dawn who was also thinking about his decision and was trying decide which ones were best. As the rest of the alphas started to think about his idea the more it seemed like the only choice but a risky one because, all supernaturals know that if trackers get a higher price than what you are paying they could turn on you.
At this point they were just desperate to find the leader before they had another war outbreak just like ten years ago where most of each of their packs got wiped out by rogues. They all know who the leader is because he deceived everyone and had him thinking him was a kind hearted person when in reality he had very very tainted and dark soul that could not be washed of the evils he had done.
“I don’t care what we do as long as the pack is safe and I get to kill that monster,” growled Xavier through clenched teeth while he had this glint of anger in his eyes. The rest of the alphas exchanged a look of agreement and decided this would be the starting point of their plan. After they finally agreed to the plan the rest of the alphas decided that they would go ahead and head home to tell the rest of their packs not to go out too far close to the territory line by themselves.
 

Chapter 3
When Xavier saw the last alpha off he deecided that he would head to his office and get some pack work done. While Xavier was working he hadn’t noticed one of his cooks walk in with a gigantic tray of food. After about a good two minutes of just standing there Nacole decided to just walk in and set the plate of food on top of his work in front of him. Xavier was startled as he looked up to see an amused Nacole standing over him. Xavier noticed that he had been staring so he went to say something but she cut him off.
“You do know that you need to eat something instead of working yourself to death right.”Nicole said as she looked down at him disapprovingly. Xavier just sat there feeling like he was getting scolded by his mother. Nacole may not be his mother but she was like one. Xavier when he was around sixteen found her and her children living in the woods and were about to be attacked by rogues, but he jumped in and saved them in time and ever since then she has looked out for him since her children left and went onto college. Nicole went and took a seat because it looked as if he were swimming within his head through a bunch of thoughts.
At this time she took in his office that was very dusty and had this odor that wasn’t bad’ but wasn’t one you would want to smell all day everyday. Xavier’s office was pretty large with and wooden desk right in front of the big long window that was on the back wall. Papers were thrown all over the desk, along with pack landscapes, stamps of approval from the pack elders who knew everything that went on with all supernaturals along with the other elders of different supernatural categories. When Nacole stopped looking around she noticed that Xavier was now looking at her.
As she got up to leave Xavier said, “Thanks you for always looking out for me and for the food.”
"No problem sweetie I am always here for you and have a good night," Nacole said cheerfully as she strode out of the room. A while after Nacole left his lunch which included fifteen ribs, an orange and banana smoothie, and some mashed potatoes.
When Xavier was done with his satisfactory meal he decided that it was time to get some shut eye for the night. As Xavier lay in his bed all he could think about was getting his revenge for his family and hoping to god that after this war he would live to see another day. As his thoughts tired him out Xavier fell into a deep and surprisingly peaceful sleep.
 

Chapter 4
“Xavier,” whispered a voice inside of Xavier’s head that caused him to stir in his sleep. Xavier knew that his voice sounded very familiar, but he just couldn't place the voice from anywhere.
“Xavier,” whispered the voice again but instead of just laying there he jumped into a crouching position and growled at the person who had intruded his room. As Xavier looked up he realised this woman to be Mrs. Roberts one of the maids that worked in the house and also a close friend of Nacole’s.
“My bad Mrs. Robertson I didn’t know it was you, but what can I do for you?” Xavier asked as he got off the bed and stood up on front of her.
“Nicole sent me to tell you that breakfast is ready and you need to be heading out to do your work,” said Mrs.Robertson aka Michelle as she bowed her head down in respect for her alpha. Xavier groaned as Michelle walked out of his room because only him, the other alphas, and Nicole knew what work he was going  to do and that was to hire the tracker or trackers however many they needed to get the job done.
Xavier waited in his car for his beta Tony to go get his car because he couldn’t go into tracker territory without some back up. While Tony was cranking up his car Xavier was just sitting in his thinking of all the ways this could possibly go other than good. By the time Xavier looked up he noticed that Tony was honking his horn trying to get Xavier moving. Tony sighed in frustration as Xavier finally pulled off ahead of him on the long  journey.
About twelve hours out from the pack territory they had to stop so that they could rest because the journey would be about another twenty six hours before they reached their destination.They decided to check into a low key hotel even though there was a possibility that rogues would most likely be there. When they finally found a low key motel that no rogue would look for them in they decided to go find somewhere to eat.
As the two young men continued to drive they came upon a small diner named ‘Pete’s Grill.’The place smelled of coffee and different breakfast foods as they stepped through the door. There was also the slight stench of rogues but they had nothing to worry about unless they messed with them
            While they were being seated Xavier decided to head to the bathroom. As Xavier stepped in the bathroom he was tackled down to the ground by they had smelt when they walked in. He threw them off but barely had time to get up before he was punched in his ribs and jaw. You could literally feel the fear coming from the two men in huge waves as their blows did nothing to affect Xavier. As Xavier got up he did a roundhouse kick towards . His friend who was slightly shorter and not as built attempted to stab Xavier with a needle that was filled with a black substance, but he wasn't fast enough to do it before he was roughly shoved up against the bathroom wall by his neck with his feet dangling a few inches from the floor .
            "Who are you and why the hell are you after me?" Xavier snarled as he tightened his grip on the man's neck leaving no room for him to gasp for air. When the man didn’t make a move to answer Xavier squeezed tighter making the man turn an amazing bright shade of red and purple. The door bust opened behind them to reveal a worry stricken Tony. As Tony managed words he yelled out, "Rogues, outside!"
            
         
 

Chapter 5
              Xavier's eyes turned deep midnight black as his enraged wolf started to surface and take over his body. As his wolf surfaced his grip grew tighter around the neck of the young man, all rationality went out the window as his anger grew and he heard the last beat that the young man's heart would ever take. By now Xavier's wolf Kieran had fully taken over his body and he was out for the blood of those who dare threaten or try to take him on. Xavier couldn't do anything as his wolf took over and it was like he was in the back seat and now he was just watching as everything played out, but he couldn't take control.

              Kieran(Xavier's wolf) emerged from the bathroom and was heading toward the exit with Tony hot on his tail. As Xavier sprinted toward the exit the rotten smell got stronger but he didn't need to look to know where the smell was coming from. When Kieran was finally outside he let out a growl that was full of anger and you could see a majority of the rogues take a step back or their faces paled. Kieran noticed all accept one who had stepped forward and he didn't know whether the man was stupid or really wanted to die today.
             As the other rogues decided to follow the man who was obviously their leader they started to circle around Tony and Kieran who were smirking at the men because this was an unfair fight, for the rogues. A beta and an alphas against these weakling and the most they would get wolf be a punch or two and a few scratches here and there. Kieran swiftly step to the right as someone was tried to tackle him. Then after the rogue started the rest of them rushed toward him and Tony. By this point Xavier wanted to get out to prevent his wolf from killing the leader so they had someone to question because by the look of it these weren't the average rogues by the way they that Tony had already gotten punched twice.
             As more rogues began to go for the easier target being Tony, Xavier shifted into his wolf that was almost fully midnight black accept his ears and tail that were tented with white on the tips. In the blink of an eye Xavier had shifted and taken out three wolves that were on Tony so that he could shift and help him out. As Xavier was taking down one wolf he didn't notice the dirty brown wolf trying to sneak up one him and didn't have time to react as he was tackled to the ground. Xavier easily knocked him down but winced in pain when a wolf bit his calf muscle.
             Tony had just finished off one of the three wolves left and turned around to see the leader and another rogue trying to pin down Xavier. Xavier dashed toward the rogue that wasn't the leader and collided with his ribcage. While the wolf was down Tony pinned him down and tried to get his jaw around the rogue's neck but it was a struggle because he was putting up a good fight. Tony was sure whether it was out of pure luck or not but something caught the rogue's eye and Tony had enough time to put his jaw around his neck and put down pressure enough pressure to kill him. While Tony got off of him he looked into the rogue's eyes as he turned back human and lied there lifeless on the ground.
             Xavier pinned the leader down and wanted to go for the kill but the leader showed his neck which was a sign for respect. Xavier shifted back as he backed away from the un-identified wolf. "Shift and we might not hurt you if you cooperate with us." Xavier stood there with a blank stare as he waited for the man to shift back.
     
 

Chapter 6
             When the man shifted back both Xavier and Tony recognized him as one of the Warriors that was in their pack who they thought had died. His name was Chance and he had been the person who trained all the pups when it came time for them to learn to fight. He was one of the oldest children to survive but disappeared after they had been attacked a few years back. He didn't look much different but the thing that changed the most was the look in his eyes. Gone was the boy who could make you laugh and forget your worries at the worst times and here stood a man who looked as if he had taken many lives without hesitation.
             "What are you doing with rogues Chance? Your little sister and everyone thought you died!" Tony was the first one to break the awkward silence between them as he spoke with a shocked voice.
       
             "I didn't have a choice, the men who came for me gave me ultimatum." Chance spoke with a calm firm voice, but you could see a little sadness in his eyes. As soon as Xavier and Tony noticed this sadness it was gone within a blink of an eye and replaced with a cold hard stare. Tony and Xavier knew now without a doubt that he had been forced and that they would do everything to get him out of this.
             "Chance just come with us and we can help you get out of whatever you have gotten into." Xavier pleaded with his friend as he saw Chances face go soft and had a look of longing on his face.
       
              "I wish I could, but in order to keep my sister safe I have to be on their side no matter what. I just want you to promise me something though, I want you to promise that you won't give up until you find the rogue who is in charge and kill the bastard." Chance's words held so much venom as he spoke of the rogue leader. Xavier nor Tony had to think about their answers as they nodded their heads together. Chance's body became tense as a silver bullet came out of nowhere headed directly for Xavier. Before Xavier could move Chance took the bullet as he jumped in front of Xavier. Chandler dropped to the ground grunting and writhing in pain trying to get the bullet from his stomach before the damage was permanent. As Xavier went to help Chance he felt a stinging sensation in the back of his neck.
             When Xavier went to reach for it he discovered it was a knock out dart. Xavier's body started to feel heavier and his vision became cloudy as he collapsed to the ground. The last thing he saw before the darkness took over was the man who ruined his entire life tandem the lives of others.
 

Chapter 7
             Xavier's head was pounding and is felt as if he was repeatedly taking a hammer to the head. Xavier went to reach for his head but his arm was restricted, as was the rest of his body. Xavier struggled to open his eyes but as he did he noticed Tony across the cell from him and he looked as if he was coming around. When Tony was finally awake Xavier couldn't speak so he used the pack link to talk to everyone so once he found out where he was there would be some back up. "Do you think that this is the place where the main leader is." Xavier's voice rang through Tony's head and his head snapped up as he just recognized he wasn't alone.
             A bunch of voices joined in so Xavier had to cut the them out and only open the link to Tony until they figured out a plan or a way to figure out where they were at least before they envovled the whole entire pack. "Tony do you have any weapons on you that can be of use to us or not?" Xavier silently prayed that they hadn't removed his knife or any of Tony's weapons.
Tony managed a smile as he was able to remove his hunting knife from his sleeve and start cutting at the ropes that were laced with silver.
             When Tony freed his hands he moved over to Xavier and started working on his restraints to get them off. As he was almost done the sound of a door opening rang through the dungeon and Tony went to try and look as if he was still tied up and knocked out. Tony and Xavier was just in time as the man who was related to the one who was responsible for  all their pain and grief. Maxwell stood in front of them fooled with their act of being knocked out and smirk down at them. Maxwell still looked the same and had the same look in his eyes as his father Thoma did, pure evil.
             Maxwell unlocked their cell and stepped in muttering words under his breath with a smug look as he knelt down to eye level with Xavier. Xavier tried not to groan as Maxwell pulled out a knife and jammed it into his thigh and twisted it around. Maxwell started to get a little pissed that he didn't get the result he was aim for and that was to get Xavier riled up and provoke him a little so he could kill him. When Maxwell still didn't get the reaction he was hoping for after stabbing him he left. Maxwell was so blinded by his rage that he forgot to lock the cell on his way out.
             Tony jumped up and went to help Xavier up so they could do a little recon and find out where they were before escaping and bringing the pack out here for war, if needed. Xavier hissed in pain as he pulled out the knife and his wound began to heal because thankfully it wasn't a pure silver knife. Xavier and Tony quietly paced themselves up the stairs to the exit of the dungeon and used their heightened hearing to see if there was anyone guarding. By the sound of it there were five heartbeats on the other side of the door. Xavier and Tony still weren't back to their full strength so they needed a distraction and what better way to do that than provoke them into coming downstairs so that they could lock the guards down  in the dungeon.
             This plan would have worked but they could barely whisper so they decided to bang on the walls and hide beneath the stairs. As predicted all of them came running in looking through each of the cells and while they were doing that they didn't notice the two most important prisoners escaping. As soon as Xavier reached the exit with Tony in front of him he closed the door with the key he managed to get off the last guard the went down the stairs. As soon as they were out they were met with a familiar pack house that Xavier's parents had destroyed in a war and the pack that Maxwell and his father Steve had belonged to. Now some of it made sense to him the only reason Maxwell was his friend was because he was spying on him and the same with Steve working his way into his family and getting them to trust him.
             He wanted to destroy the people who took everything from him and get revenge just as Xavier had vowed to do for his family get revenge. Xavier snapped out of his thoughts and realized that he had projected his thoughts out to his entire pack along with his whereabouts. Xavier still knew that he needed to destroy him though because his parents did what they did for the pack and for protection, but Steve and Maxwell were killing innocent people. Xavier was on the alert as he heard people working their way toward the dungeon along with a few people who were struggling as they were chained together.
            Xavier wanted to help them but he couldn't risk Steve getting away and he could contact his pack to get them out on their way in. Tony went ahead of Xavier as he scoped out the place to see if there was anyway they could get out fast if they need a quick escape route. While Tony was busy Xavier decided to go in by himself to end this once and for all so he could put the people at rest and ease their fear. As Xavier followed Steve's scent he was lead to a huge room that had paintings of one woman. Steve stood there in the middle of the room smiling at the paintings. "I see you have escaped already surprisingly, thought it would take you longer to use the way out that my son offered you." Xavier knew that is was too good to be true that he would leave it open.
            "I came here to end you not have conversation." With that Xavier lunged at Steve and shifted in midair before landing on top of him and trying to get a good grip on his neck so he could make sure the wound would be fatal enough to keep him alive so that he would die slowly. Steve shifted under Xavier just as Xavier was about to put force on his neck but the sudden shift made Xavier jump off of him swiftly. As Xavier landed he skidded a little but recovered quickly and dashed toward Steve.
             Xavier tried getting a good grip around Steve's neck so that he could end it all and just as he had finally seen the fear that had appeared in Steve's eyes he was tackled off of him. Steve gave Xavier a wolfy smirk as his son came to stand next to him. Maxwell in rage let his wolf take over and charged at Xavier but didn't have enough time to move before Xavier leapt in the air and swiped his claws through his neck. Maxwell shifted back to his human form as he bled out and died there in a pool of his own tainted blood.
            Xavier too caught up in looking at Maxwells' corpse didn't notice Steve sneaking out while his son was dying so he could save his own ass. Tony who had been waiting to see if Xavier word need any help with the two noticed Steve and tackled him to the ground before yelling for Xavier.
           "Xavier get your ass over here! I can't hold him down much longer!!" Tony screamed as he tried to hold down the powerful alpha who continued to thrash beneath him.
           Xavier stalked toward Steve dangerously slow so he could see the fear as it seeped back into his eyes. As Xavier finally stood upon Steve he put his paw above him and slowly presses down on his ribs and growled approvingly when he heard snapping. Steve knew in this moment he had lost as he saw Xavier come close quickly and bite down on his neck before he felt immense pain and everything slowly faded away. Xavier shifted back as he heard Steve's heart stop and finally felt a wait life off his shoulders because there was no need to spend every day and night to look for the people who ruined many lives.
 

Chapter 8
Ten years later...
          Xavier smiled as he looked at his mate and his children. He had found his mate a few months after he defeated Steve. He found her in the woods because it turns out he pack was destroyed and she never joined another pack. It took him a while to gain her trust and after he did they were married a year later. As for his two daughters and his son their older brother. Mason the oldest at six years old looks just like his mother along with the twins Alyssa and Melissa who were now four years old.
         Xavier got up as he snuck up behind his little girls and picked them up. The two little girl squealed as they wrapped their arms around his neck and kissed each side of his face. He bent down as his son came running up to him with his wife no far behind and picked his son up. Xavier was thankful for his family as he looked down at them and he knew he would protect them with his life just as his parents had for him.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.