Libra Moon | Teen Ink

Libra Moon

By LexLuna54, Wyoming, Michigan
LexLuna54, Wyoming, Michigan

Author's note:

I was born with the moon in Libra.

rough draft. 

My phone buzzed, the screen lit up and my heart skipped a beat at the sight of his name. 

"Meet me where the side walk ends." He texted. 

"Okay.." I replied. 

My heart raced; that was our sacred  place. The place where it all began. I felt hopeful. Due to the extremley noticeable distance he had put between us I felt as if this was going to be our break through. I rushed around the house, making myself look presentable. After I cleaned up I headed out on my longboard. The park he was waiting for me at was near my home, so the ride was rather quick. I pushed myself past the fisherman on the docks and the geese and ducks at the banks, down the sidewalk path that stretched out into the biggest peninsula the pond has. 

And there he stood, at the very end next to his dirt bike. He stared out at the water. I hopped off my board and left it in the grass, I walked over to him he was playing Silence by Beethoven and suddenly I knew something was wrong. I was two steps away from him when he said, 

"We can no longer be one." I stopped moving. I stared at his strawberry blonde hair. He turned allowing me to see his striking green eyes. His freckles were not accompanied by his loving smile.

"Did I .." I began, but he interuppted. 

"There is another. And I have fallen at first sight. The scales have tipped, McKenzie. You and I are no longer equals. You did nothing, truly, you are a good person at heart and someone will love you. But someone is not me." He held out his hand and placed the golden necklace with our sun and moon signs into my palm. He got onto his bike and drove away. 

The scales have tipped. His words echoed in my head. How dare he use my own zodiac against me? How dare he find another? How dare he..