The Secrets Beneath the Surface: All has been revealed | Teen Ink

The Secrets Beneath the Surface: All has been revealed

September 13, 2023
By KhloeRAlvarez, Visalia, California
More by this author
KhloeRAlvarez, Visalia, California
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
You are not alone, and you never will be


1

I was sleeping peacefully in my bed, and that’s when it happened again, I had the dream. It was the same dreams that would go in a pattern. The first dream one night was a woman with golden blonde hair that  glowed. pale skin with some tanned spots, a yellow crop top with sleeves that rested below the shoulders, and long, skin-tight leggings. She’d be singing something peacefully in some other language I assume. The next night, there’d be a man that looked like the night sky humanized and a black hole that didn’t suck anything into it behind him. He’d be saying something in some sort of tragic tone in another language too. And finally, another figure who was speaking english. He would always say, “Beware of the future” to me, and then the dream would end. The golden woman was different, this time. A darkness came over her, and she screamed before she lied on the ground, assumingly dead, I burst up panting as if I just ran five miles in the Sahara desert at 

the speed of light. My close friend, Bryan, came to my side.

“Charlie, are you alright?” Bryan asked in a concerning voice.

Bryan was the most pure and forgiving one out of the three of us, I remember in middle school he got beat up for standing up to a gang to avoid them beating up Danny Marthews, his middle school bully. The gang didn’t mind Bryan, but they were scared to death of me and my other close friend, Kevin. Bryan is probably the most soft and pure one because he’s the youngest of us three. He has pale blonde hair in a small ponytail, pale skin almost as white as the moon, and blue eyes that looked like the ocean. Just then, Kevin walked into the room.

“Charlie, you woke us up, AGAIN!” He yelled.

Kevin was really cold and tough. He’s never had a girlfriend before because all the other girls thought he was too serious. He really cared about Bryan, though. Kevin and Bryan’s relationship was almost greater than a father and son relationship. Kevin had dark skin, red hair slicked back and in a long braid. He commonly wore bandages on his arm and covered his knuckles. He only wore those to look cool and/or tough, and also to increase his punch’s strength. He also had dark Grayish-Bluish eyes.

“Sorry guys, the normal dream that I usually had was more dark.” I apologized.

I had normal tan skin, kind of a mixture of white skin and dark skin mixed into almost one color. I had both eyes orange, as well as very much orange hair. I had the most orange hair you could see. I was always the one who’d solve the mystery in mystery movies before the rest of us, I was just like that. I wish I could style my hair in a ponytail or braid and look cool like Bryan and/or Kevin but I’m still growing my hair for that.

I looked at the clock. I’ve learned how to read it in the dark room with two bunk beds by now, our phones don’t work in space, Yeah, that’s right, we live in the year 5590, and we have these special devices that let us breathe in space without the astronaut suit.  Most people live in space nowadays. We live on a special planet called Polus. We have a lava pool not only for energy but also to keep the planet warm since Polus is always so cold, almost what the temperature of Antarctica was when humans lived on earth. Earth was destroyed by the sun about 5000 years ago.

Me and the boys got dressed, we wore these advanced-looking astronaut suits and when I say advanced-looking, I just mean they looked like normal clothes with an astronaut helmet. We do sometimes have to dress warmly, the average temperature of Polus before we came here was -270 degrees. 

We always have these jobs we have to do, to take care of this planet. However, there’s always someone here that kills us. These are what we call, imposters. They’re aliens who take the form of humans like us and then try to kill all of us. No one really knows why, though. Some say these were their lands and we took it from them, others say that we’re prey to them, and some say that they just do it for fun. 

I don’t really care about why. I honestly don’t even care about them too much. Unlike Kevin. He will never let go of Bryan’s hand when we are outside of our shelter. If someone enters the room, he gets defensive and keeps Bryan away from them. There was only one incident when they ran into these aliens. We almost lost Bryan that day.

A normal-looking crew member (the people who take care of Polus for other people). Walked into the room. There was also another crew member there. Kevin hid Bryan with him so the crew member

who walked in didn’t notice them. That crew member ended up being an alien. They killed the other crew member there. Bryan let out a loud gasp. The imposter turned to him and started chasing after them. Kevin grabbed Bryan by the hand and ran at the speed of light. The imposter sabotaged the doors and Bryan was left on the other side, banging on the doors. For some reason, when Kevin got the doors opened, Bryan was perfectly fine, the imposter, however was not. Kevin tightly hugged Bryan making sure he didn’t have any injuries and even took him to the nurse for double checking. I would have probably done the same, me and Kevin were almost like his older brothers, and it’s always the older brother’s job to take care of the younger brothers.

I’ve never encountered an attack with an alien before. I’m considered lucky for that. There’s hardly a single person who hasn’t almost died to an alien yet other than me. That’s probably because I’m usually around a place where there are many people. 

The closest I’ve ever gotten to being attacked by an alien is a guy cursing at me for bumping into him. But that’s just how a lot of people act nowadays, it’s basically impossible to screw something up without people thinking that you might possibly be an alien.

We take care of aliens accordingly. If we decide that someone is an alien, then they are eliminated. Sometimes we vote out an alien, and sometimes we vote out someone who is innocent. I once almost got voted out. A guy felt that I was suspicious because I was commonly not seen by him. Of course, everyone thought that was dumb. I’m usually social at work, aliens never really are. They ended up voting him out instead, he was innocent.

I finished boosting the temperature of the lava from 100 degrees to 354 degrees, as my task had said. More machines and lights turned 

on after I did that.

I left for my task in this room we called weapons. It looked like some office that the country of America on Earth used to track nukes and stuff like that, and it basically was that, only instead of tracking nukes, you shot down asteroids.

The next task that I had was to re-route the waters. I’ve always wondered why we had to do that, it didn’t seem too important to me. I did it anyway, The others think you're an alien for not doing your tasks, so being lazy isn’t really an option around here. I kind of wish it was like the good ol’ days when people on Earth thought that aliens weren’t real and the aliens didn’t think that we were real. But even if somehow the earth reforms, the aliens will still know we exist and probably invade Earth.

The closest thing we have to Earth right now is this planet called Giplantis which is the combined greek word of Gi Plantis which means “Earth planet”

It has a sky and geography similar to Earth, but the islands are shaped differently, it has different plants, animals, rocks, and even insects and arachnids (yes, it has more than 3 types of arachnids). It even has 2 suns, though not very bright, and 3 moons, one is always full, the other one is always half, and the last one is always a crescent. 

The day finally ended. I went back to my dorm along with Bryan and Kevin. We had our dinner which was normal human food because they used the planet of Giplantis as a food source planet. Speaking of Giplantis, I already got the notification on my tablet, I have a mission on an airship there. 


2

Today was my first day on another planet other than Polus in a while. I readied myself for anything. We didn’t have to wear astronaut helmets on the ship since Giplantis had its own oxygen. Though some people were dressing like 1900s fancy even though almost all of them looked around the same age as me (I’m 21 by the way).

The people there were a lot nicer than the people on Polus. If you bumped into someone, they’d be acting like it was all their fault and all the bad things that happened in your life were their fault. It almost felt weird how nice people were. They’d even say “hi” to you passing by, even if they didn’t know you at all. I kind of liked the people here. A lot of them were surprised to hear that I usually work at Polus. Usually if you get one place on the first day of the job, you stay at that place. 

I remember that I used to live here on Giplantis. They had already advanced like a normal country then. I was nothing like the other kids, and that’s what normally scared them. If a new kid on the block wanted to invite me to play a sport like basketball or soccer, the other kids around them would whisper all kinds of reasons why they shouldn’t play with me.

I never really had any friends growing up. My family wasn’t much of a help. My family hated me. My mother and father would make me do my siblings’ homework and chores except for one, my little sister, Rosie. She was nice and sweet. Nowadays, humans are sometimes born with powers. Rosie was one of these humans that were born with powers. Her powers were healing and creating any object with her mind. She hardly ever used them, however, her school prohibited kids with powers to use them.

Rosie related to me since my parents also hated her. My mother didn’t want to have me nor Rosie, she didn’t want any more kids after my two younger twin brothers, Kyle and Markus. Neither did my father. My father wasn’t the most kid-associating adult. He commonly thought kids were annoying and stupid.

One day, I was arguing pretty badly with my mother and father, I can’t remember what it is we were arguing about. All I know is that it must have been a really serious topic because my mother started hurting me physically and even tried to kill me with a knife. My father stepped in. He never did that. My mother ended up killing him. Me and Rosie parted ways. Rosie would have to go to an orphanage because she was seven, and not 18 like I was at the time. I promised her that I would be back for her soon, but I could never feel it to come back to Giplantis until now.

By now I’m sure she’s already been adopted, hopefully by a caring family where she’ll never have to worry about being hurt ever 

again. I missed her, I wished that I could see her again but I don’t know where she is. If I could see her, I would. She’d most likely be 14, I sometimes wondered that if we did meet again, would she remember me? Probably. I still kind of looked like I was about 20. I just don’t grow on my outside appearance that much, otherwise I’d be able to do something cool with my hair like a braid or ponytail like Bryan and/or Kevin.

While I was doing my task, a guy came up to me. He had dark hair, dark eyes, and light skin. He seemed like a shy and/or nervous type. He was quite tall, he looked about 30 or something. 

“H-hey. . .” He said, “Is it okay if I stick with you? Just so that nobody kills me or tries to?” He asked.

“Sure.” I replied.

Usually following someone around that isn’t related to you in a way is considered suspicious so hardly anyone likes sticking around with someone for a while. That’s why it sucked whenever you had a task in the same room as someone with another task commonly, because you’d be following them and then you looked suspicious. Or you were new to a location and someone was showing you around but someone just thought that you were just following them, waiting to kill them. That’s why mostly new people get voted out, because they don’t know what’s considered suspicious and what’s not. It almost happened a couple of times to me when I was in my first few months in Polus. Eventually, I adapted to their mindset and stayed in line.

Me and the guy were doing our tasks together. I went towards this thing, there’s usually a flying platform that carries you to the other side, but the flying platform was on the other side. Usually, there’s a button there to call your side in case you get left behind in a group, but for some reason, it wasn’t working. 

“Don’t worry,” I said to the guy, “we’ll just go around and take the long way.” 

I left to do a loop around but the guy stopped me. I was confused, was he scared to take the long way in case of the imposter trying to kill him or what? I tried to free my hand from his. He then yanked my hand towards the gap and then threw me in. Just as he did that, three female crew members walked in. 

“He was an imposter and he tried to kill me!” He told them.

I was falling for goodness knows how long. The roof became smaller and smaller and everything got darker and darker. My orange hair was blowing all over with my fall. I could feel myself fading away from life on the inside. Everything went pitch dark. I had no idea what had happened, whatever did happen, the female crew members obviously thought I was dangerous and called an emergency meeting. 

They all voted me out. I was thrown off of the ship. I guess that’s their way of elimination. I decided to see what the intel said about me. Whenever someone gets eliminated, it has this scanner to see if they were innocent or not. It was glitching out like crazy, I didn’t know if it was just my service on the tablet or something was actually going on. The screen went pitch black. There were glitching letters in a language that I was unfamiliar with. It translated itself, it said;

You Have Revealed Yourself Too Soon, Now, You Must Prepare For The Dangers Ahead Of You, And So Shall Your Friends.

I closed my eyes, trying to look away from the screen because it started flashing bright colors in the background. I only did this for a second, though. When my eyes opened, I was back at my dorm. My head hurt as if it had goodness knows how many headaches all at once.

Bryan and Kevin were there.

“Are you okay, Charlie?” Bryan asked.

“Yeah. . . I think. . . so. . .” I replied weakly.

“Try not to get ejected next time.” Kevin said.

“Wait. . . That wasn’t a dream?” I asked.

“Nope.” Kevin replied, “You were out for like five days.”

“Five days?” I asked.

“Yep.” He replied.

“You were falling and something caught you before you fell. It then brought you back here. Some say that it was one of those flying mini-ships that save innocents that were ejected.” Bryan explained.

“They could have at least done it without headache symptoms.” I mumbled to myself

“At least you’re alive.” Kevin replied to my mumbling.

“Yeah, that’s all that really matters right now.” Said Bryan.

I could get up and go to work, just not Polus for a while since my headache and the sometimes lack of oxygen on Polus could really mess with me. I was given less tasks than anyone else in the base on the surface of Giplantis. The jobs I had weren’t too hard. I was kept away from screens as much as possible. I’d even have to stay at an apartment there for a bit.


3

Eventually, though, my headache was gone. I was able to return to all these different locations in space. Bryan and Kevin were glad to have me back. We decided to have coffee at a cafe near our dorms. It was early in the morning (we have this electronic roof thing that represents all the times of the day as if we were on earth). Just then, both Kevin and Bryan were sent to station 0000123. It was quite an odd number, hardly anyone got stations with a number like that anymore. They decided to go anyway.

They didn’t arrive in our dorm that day. I just assumed that they were really busy, that usually happens to some people sometimes. They weren’t back the next day either, though. I just assumed they got a really early shift. I heard that shifts would be taken at different times for some people because some were quitting and returning to Giplantis where it was safe. I started to worry about them. No-one had seen them at all. I decided that maybe they decided to quit after that shift, too. 

I somehow was able to carry on after that. One day, I got that same shift request as they had. I got 0000123. I got slightly scared. I decided to go anyway. On my way there, I met a guy, well not really met him, he just talked to me.

“If you’re going to the 0000123 mission, don’t, hardly anyone who goes there ever comes back out.” Said the man.

That made me worried. I decided to ignore him and my fear. I gulped. I got on this platform as this sign had said. The platform did nothing for about a minute or more. I almost thought it was broken. Just then, it immediately slammed to the ground so fast, not even my gravity could keep up with it. I was falling for goodness knows how long until I landed on the surface. I scratched my head.

“This better not give me another headache.” I said to myself.

I recognized the planet I was on, it was a sister planet to Polus, only it looked almost in ruins. It had a cold, unsettling vibe. There was very clear mist in some areas, vines and broken building parts all around you. Some pieces of the walls and roofs were missing. I opened up my tablet to see what my tasks were. There was only one task I had there. It was in red and it said, Survive.

Now I know that this must be haunted or something. I went towards this one room. I stopped, I heard almost like several footsteps all at once. I crossed my fingers hoping they were just normal people. It was not. It was this huge monster that looked like some large centipede legs made of bones, torn skin revealing some of the bones, a horror movie-like mouth that was divided between lines, sharp teeth and demonic eyes. 

I screamed and ran towards the opposite direction, but there was another monster. It was this huge monster that looked like five Sauroposeidons stacked on top of each other. It had ripped skin parts showing the bone, and had a really, really long neck. It had big teeth and a huge head. 

I ran right past it, shutting the doors behind me. Whatever it was that was saving me before, I could really use their help right now. I hid in this mini space that released out this other type of oxygen as you entered the next room. When the smoky oxygen cleared, there was a ghost there with no face. It only made a glitchy noise that really hurt my ears every time it opened its mouth, but that was all that it did. It didn’t try to hurt me or anything. 

I was running all around for a while. I then heard footsteps and talking. I didn’t even want to know if they were normal or not, they might have been, but I wasn’t taking any chances. I jumped down this hole. I immediately slid down into something.

“Did you hear that?” I heard a voice ask.

“I think it came from the hole.” The other voice replied.

I quickly looked towards the nearest direction that I could run to and ran like a meteoroid. I ended up falling and sliding into something else this time. It was this room that looked like the cleanest bomb shelter. I've seen photos of that kind of shelter from earth. The first thing that I did was stupid. I called out, “Hello?” out loud. If there was another monster, damn well would they be after me faster than an asteroid. 

“Nobody’s here!” I heard a familiar voice yell out.

I followed the voice, It didn’t sound monstrous or glitchy or anything like that. I looked around me. There were dark purple rocks all around me, but you could barely tell because it was so dark. I tripped over something a couple of times. I decided to use my flashlight. We were hardly ever allowed to use them for some reason. 

“If you think that I’m a monster, I’m not, honest!” I called out. There was no reply, other than my echo that kept repeating and repeating over and over again.

I eventually found where the voice was coming from, it was Bryan and Kevin. I was so glad to see them. Apparently they had made shelter here.

“We never leave so that the monsters outside don’t find us.” They told me.

They led me to where their hidden base was. It was that shelter-thing I fell into earlier. They had to learn to grow their own crops and everything all by themselves. They basically had to learn the basics for starting up a whole new civilization just to survive here. There were spare beds that we slept on. They were these beds that had a wooden plank on the bottom of it, you put a blanket on top of the wood, then you put a pillow on top of the blanket and then you put another blanket on top of yourself unless you got too warm, which never really happened.

Our tablets tell us what time it was. There was also a clock. I looked at the time, it was past the curfew, I guess that’s a benefit of ending up here, the benefit is that we can stay up past our curfew. I feel like a little kid saying that. I couldn’t sleep, though. Kevin and Bryan had already fallen asleep like sleeping beauty. My eyes were open, though. I couldn’t stop thinking about those monsters, those voices, they were socializing with each other. The next morning, we finally realized that the only way they’ll open the doors to the ship that brought us here is if we finish all of our tasks. Then we could all go home. The only problem was that we had a task that could possibly be going on forever.

We then thought of hacking the system. The only problem was that neither of us even knew coding, heck, Bryan couldn’t even type, if he needed to put something in, he’d use the text-to-speech thing. I actually did know some coding, but not enough to hack something. 

I wandered around the shelter a bit. There wasn’t anything really to do. I entered this dark room. I had to lift the door out of the way because it was broken. The room was huge. There was some sort of spacecraft here. There was something in blood written on the walls, it was in another language, though. I squinted my eyes. The message was now clear. Dead and unburied. I was scratching my head trying to figure out what it meant.

I blinked. When my eyes opened, I was in the room, but brand new. The spacecraft was in the air, and heading straight down towards me like an asteroid. I quickly got out of the way. Inside the spacecraft, was this monster-like creature. I recognized them, but not at first.

The creature then shrunk into the shape of the figure in that one dream I’d have that would say, “Beware of the future.” My eyes widened. He looked weak and very much damaged. I wanted to help him but I feared that he was hostile. A human-like figure appeared.

They looked like a demon with tan skin, red demonic eyes, red clothes, black jeans, black combat boots, demon wings, demon horns, dark maroon hair in a ponytail, and sharp teeth. He had this quadrilateral-type thing in his hand where the bottom was Southeast to Northwest and its top was Southwest to Northeast. It was a bright neon green with glitching particle effects on it.

The creature looked at the other creature.

“Well, looks like you humaliens couldn’t keep the peace between humans and aliens, huh?” The demon asked.

“Erick,” the creature said, “I will not accept the defeat of all—”

Suddenly, Erick made the green blade turn red. He threw it at the creature. Before it impaled the creature he let out this orb. The orb was orange just like him. It split into three orbs. One of the orbs was cyan, the other was red and the middle one was half cyan, and half red. I ended up following the cyan-red orb. 

It landed in Giplantis. That’s when the vision ended. Is this why he’s been telling me to beware of the future? Was this who I would become later on? I left the room. Suddenly, on the wall in front of me it said; Set them free. I didn’t understand what was going on, if I was chosen for something, what was it and why? I was only just some normal guy, I wasn’t anyone special or anything, it’s not like I had the powers of the universe or whatever. 

I blinked, the message was gone. Everything felt so weird to me now. 

It was night again. Once again, they were both instantly asleep. I couldn’t stop thinking about that vision. I saw a light, it was fading from red and cyan. I followed that light. I made sure to leave a note saying that I was leaving to scout the planet for anything that we could use to survive.

I ran after the light. It stopped as I exited the bunker. I had another vision. This time it was some landscape. All the monsters attacked me and some other monsters that didn’t attack me were lying dead on the ground. There were small fires everywhere. I walked around. There were some human-like creatures that I assumed were monsters in human form. I kept walking. I then saw myself dead, only different. I had these orange dragon-like wings that were about the size of me and the inside was some sort of Giplantis-sky-blue but a bit darker. I also had these orange horns with the same colored blue ends. I got up, I guess I wasn’t dead.

I was still on the ground, on one knee trying to balance myself. Erick then appeared. 

“How could you?” I asked, “How could you do this to basically your own kind?” 

“They were helping you bring peace back between the aliens, I had to.” Erick replied.

“Why don’t you want peace?!” I asked aggressively.

“Because if there’s peace then where’s the fun and drama?” He replied. I fell to the ground once more. I was surrounded by glitching particles as they held me up in the air towards him.

“And humaliens were just what could have brought back peace.” He said. He then raised me up more then threw me to the ground hard and fast. I died.

The vision ended. I was so confused by everything. What was going on? Why was I being shown this? I looked up at the hole. There was a ladder that I never seemed to notice. I climbed up the ladder. 

I started wandering around the planet, or at least the area. It looked a lot like the damaged version of Polus. There was a lava pool. I don’t know why there was a lava pool but there was. I then assumed that maybe there was a lava creature. I was probably right. When I turned around I felt like something was watching me. Immediately, I turned around, it was just a girl around my age. 

She had orange hair like mine only with a yellow highlight and some lines in her hair that was the same color as the surface of this mysterious planet. Her skin was very tan, almost like a sunburnt tan but just more natural tan. She had blazing amber eyes. She also had this orange hooded-sweatshirt that had a fire texture on it, dark purple jeans and orange boots.

“Are you another survivor?” She asked.

“Yeah, I am.” I replied.

“So you’re new, right?”She asked.

“No, I fell down here like two days ago.” I replied.

“Then how come I’ve never seen you before?” She asked.

“I was in some shelter that some close friends of mine made.” I responded. 

“Oh.” She replied.

“Well, it’s not safe here, this is like creature central almost.” She told me.

“What’s your name?” I asked.

“Megan.” She replied.

“That’s a nice name.” I said.

“My name is Charlie.” I told her.

Just then, we heard footsteps. Megan quickly grabbed my wrist and we both ran to hide. It wasn’t much, just some white guy with a brown sweatshirt, darker brown jeans, and black boots. He must have been another survivor.

“Don’t be fooled by his appearance,” Megan told me, “he may look like a normal person now but he’s actually a monster.”

I decided to trust Megan. She seemed to know a lot more about this place than I did. I decided to ask her something.

“Hey, so do you ever have random visions of something that might happen in the future?” I asked her.

“Not until recently, why?” She asked.

“Because I’m kind of seeing stuff like that.” I replied.

“What do you see in your visions?” She asked.

“Nothing too much,” I replied, “just about some terrible event caused by this evil dude named Erick.

“That’s what mine look like too.” She replied

We sat in silence for a bit. We heard footsteps again, the only problem was that the guy in the brown clothing was still there. Megan crouch-walked to another spot. I followed her in the same way.

We were walking until I saw a library.

“Maybe we could hide in there.” I told her.

“No, there’s monsters in there.” She replied.

“What monsters, the boogeyman?” I asked jokingly.

“I’m serious.” She said in a passive-aggressive tone.

We kept walking. I heard several footsteps again. Megan pulled me to the side and we both crouched behind something.

“Do not make a single sound.” Megan ordered.

It was that red creature I bumped into on my first day trapped here. 

“That creature was redd, he’s blind but he still has hearing that surpasses ours.” She explained.

“Do you know what the purple creature with a long neck is called?” I asked.

“Murrey.” She replied.

“Nobody really knows too much about him other than that he has a hideout in that big hole.” She explained.

“What about that ghost with no face?” I asked.

“There’s only one ghost here.” She said, “No-face is the only one who is a ghost here.” She replied.

“Oh, I had no idea that his name was literally no-face.” I replied.

“Only aliens can understand him.” She said.

“Then how do you know his name?” I asked. She paused for a minute

“I just gave him the name no-face, I don’t actually know if that’s his real name.” She replied.

We left our hiding place at a bad time, because the redd creature came back. Megan bolted away from him. So did I. 

We ended up splitting up and I did a 360 back to where we were. I decided to go check out that library, maybe there was something in there that could explain what it was I was seeing. I looked through all the books. There was nothing for me to learn. Just then, I noticed a purple glitching blade. It pointed itself at me and charged. 

When it hit me, I did not die, nor was harmed, I was just teleported somewhere I was unfamiliar with. I looked around, confused. It was some flat red land with some hills. It almost looked like some sort of desert with no sand.

I looked up. An army of green glitching blades were thrown at me. I stood where I was and none of them hit me. I assumed that maybe it was just some dramatic entrance.

I heard some evil laughing in a familiar voice tone. Green glitching blades swirled like a tornado in the air. One by one they started clearing. They revealed Erick. My eyes widened. 

“Well, well, well,” he announced, “look who I caught, a dumb human.” 

“I’m not dumb!” I shouted

“Uhhh lemme see,” he announced sarcastically, “your human, right?” He asked.

“Yes.” I replied.

“Then you're dumb and worthless.” He replied.

“Unfortunately for you, though, I’m bored so I’ll just try to make your death quick.” Erick announced.

He threw a red blade at me. I dodged it. He kept throwing them and I kept dodging them, and they say playing dodgeball all the time is worthless. I could tell he was starting to get angry. That got me worried.

“FINE!” He yelled, “I’ll just have to do this the hard way. . .”

He circled in a spear with no escape those red glitchy blades. I got scared. They were slowly closing in on me. I was trying to make myself as small as I can. I closed my eyes tightly. My eyes then became light. I burst them open and immediately all the blades got blown away. Erick looked shocked. I looked down at myself. I had the same orange-blue wings as before in the vision and I was holding fire. 

“Wha. . .” Erick muttered.

I then blasted out my hand. It shot the fire from it. Erick got knocked to the ground. Erick grunted, “Now you’ve done it!”

He charged at me with a blade in his hand like a raging bull. I dodged out of the way but he swung it to the side. I got sliced just on my side. I collapsed to the ground, both hands on the cut. Blood leaked out. Erick grinned.

“Looks like a mighty humalien like you have already given up!” He yelled.

“Humalien?” I asked.

“Half human and half alien.” He said.

“But, I was born and raised in a human family. . .”

“You must have been adopted.” He replied, holding his sword-blade towards my neck.


4

Erick was about to push his blade forwards into my neck, this would have caused the blade to impale me through the neck. Before anything, I heard rapid footsteps thumping on the ground. Erick looked behind him. So did I. It was Megan. She ran up to Erick and punched him in the face. Her hand looked lava-like.

“Leave him alone!” She yelled.

“I see you have a little friend.” Erick chuckled.

“Charlie, get out of here.” Megan demanded.

“How?!” I asked. We all paused for a moment.

“No, no,” Erick said, “he’s got a point.” 

“Just watch while we fight I guess then.” Megan replied.

Megan stood still as Erick charged towards her. She held out her arms, closed her eyes and looked up at the sky. She then grew with some lava that came out of the ground. The ground opened, there was a lava pool or maybe just the area’s core. Megan transformed into some lava monster, and not the one from Moana. My eyes widened.

Megan battled Erick. I could tell that she was weaker than him, though. I had to help. I used my wings and started to fly. I ended up going all over the place, barely ever hitting Erick. Erick then destroyed both me and Megan to the ground and we both collided with each other. Megan returned back to her normal form. She was very injured, almost at the brink of passing out.

Erick drifted down slowly to us. I hid Megan behind me. 

“Looks like your little friend is actually some corrupted nature goddess!” He joked.

He clearly knew which button of mine to push because I instantly threw fire at him. I then charged, threw him to the sky, and then slammed him back to the ground. I was about to unleash an attack but that’s when he aimed one of those glitching red blades at Megan.

“I wouldn’t do it if I were her.” He smirked. 

“Don’t you dare. . .” I growled at him.

“I’ll do it if I have to!” He yelled. 

I had no idea what to do. I couldn’t let Megan get hurt, she was already injured enough. Erick then held his other hand up, holding a blade towards me. I knew that I’d have to accept it if I wanted Megan to live. It seems as though this future couldn’t have been avoided after all.

Just as Erick was about to throw the blade, a blast of lava hit him. He caught on fire. He accidentally threw out a purple blade. I teleported to Megan somehow and teleported right into it, hoping that it’d take us back. It did.

“That’s why. . . I didn’t. . . want you to go in there. . .” She explained.

“I’m sorry, this is all my fault!” I said, knowing damn well I was the reason we were in this condition.

“It’s not your fault.” She said.

“It is!” I demanded, “I should have never gone in here, I was just trying to find an answer to my visions!”

“Charlie,” she said, standing up, “I should have told you I was an alien before.” 

“Why did you even risk your life for me anyways?” I asked.

“I don’t like talking about my reasons.” She explained.

I decided that maybe I could heal her. I was able to heal her by simply just touching one of her wounds.

“So how come you didn’t say you were a humalien?” She asked.

“I never knew until now.” I replied.

“Then how were you able to heal me and do all that other stuff?” She asked.

“I don’t know, I just discovered them as I went, I guess.” I replied.

We both just sat there for a bit. I then heard Kevin and Bryan calling for me. 

“You should hide.” I told Megan.

“Okay.” She replied.

I healed myself and returned to my normal form. They came to the library.

“Charlie! Don’t go out like that again!” Kevin shouted.

“He’s just really concerned.” Bryan added. 

“Guys, I’m fine, see?” I said, showing that I was perfectly fine. Fire came out from one of my hand. I quickly closed my hand.

“What was that?” Asked Kevin.

“What was what?” I asked

“The thing you dispensed from your hand!” Kevin replied.

“Nothing came out of my hand.” I said.

“Nevermind then,” Kevin sighed, “let’s just return back to base before something wants to make us their next meal.”

We returned back to the shelter. I couldn’t stop thinking about what had happened. Bryan noticed I was distracted as we were eating dinner.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Yeah,” Kevin added, “you’ve been pretty quiet ever since we found you, is everything alright?”

“Yeah,” I replied, “I just don’t have much to say since nothing really happened to me today.”

I finished my meal early and headed off to bed. I couldn’t stop thinking about Megan, Erick, and the visions. I decided to sneak out. I snuck out to where I believed Megan would be. I was near the lava pool. Megan was there.

“Charlie,” Megan said, “what are you doing back up here? It’s even more dangerous because a lot of the aliens here are more active.” 

“I couldn’t sleep," I replied, “I was busy thinking about today.”

“Well you should at least be hiding because if there’s anything the others here are NOT: is kind and/or welcoming.” She replied.

“I’m sure that I’ll be fine.” I shrugged.

“It’s your funeral.” Megan said, shrugging.

We decided to stroll around the place. It wasn’t very big, but still. There was blood and bones almost everywhere. Megan stopped when we went to a secondary lava pool.

“This used to be a normal map not filled with monstrous 

aliens,” She explained, “this used to be a normal map kind of like what you have nowadays, in fact, this used to be the busiest one. Almost everyone got the location of 0000123 at least twice a week. But then, something happened, things changed. The people who died here started getting rebirthed into aliens, forced with instincts to kill. It was hard to control it then and still is for some of us.”

I paused. “So were you. . .”

“A normal person before? Yes, I was.” She replied, “I remember I was the favorite out of my parents. They hated my sister, Aqua, though. They loved me because where I was born, some stupid concept of a girl who was born with orange eyes was the rebirth of a phoenix and would then grant luck to all who she cared about, and girls with blue eyes would be punished with bad luck. My mother hated my sister for that but my father didn’t. My mom hated that my father cared about Aqua, so one day she bought them plane tickets to ‘go on a father-daughter vacation.’ that wasn’t the reality, though. The real reality was that she hired a pilot to crash the plane and kill them both. I never saw any of them again. I ran away from home that day. A kind homeless man took care of me. Eventually, he died saving me from being hit by a car. I grew older and got a normal job. I was really close friends with this one girl but one day, I got elected employee of the month and this other girl got jealous so she tried to kill me one day but my friend got in the way, with her dying instead. I felt like everyone whom I cared about was cursed to die, that’s why I risked my life for you, because I didn’t want to lose someone like you.”

I couldn’t believe what she had just told me. I decided that it was fair that I told her my tragic backstory, too.

“I also went through tough times, kind of similar to yours. I lived mostly in isolation because no kid wanted them or any other kid to play with. That’s why I was most constantly the victim in dodgeball since that was the only thing we ever did in PE. One day, I got into a huge argument with my mother about something. She almost killed me that day. Me and my younger sister who cared about me deeply had to part ways. I promised that I’d go to pick her up from an orphanage but to this day I still haven’t done that, and I don’t think that I ever will now.” I explained.

“I don’t know what bad thing those kids saw in you.” Megan replied warmly, “I think you’re probably the best one out of them.” 

“Thank you.” I said. 

I checked the time on my tablet, it didn’t feel so long, but it was soon going to be sunrise. I had to go. I said goodbye to Megan and teleported back at the base. I released my form.

Just then, Kevin and Bryan woke up.

“Charlie? How come you’re already awake?” Kevin asked.

“I woke up early, I still haven’t had breakfast, though.” I replied.

We were having breakfast at the counter. Suddenly Bryan said, “I had a weird dream last night, there were three orbs, one was cyan, the other was half red and half cyan, and the other one was red. The red and cyan orb parted ways from the half red and half cyan one. It then ended up on Polus, where both me and Kevin were born.”

“I had the same exact dream.” Kevin replied.

“I didn’t have that dream, I just had the same ol’ dream that I always have, with the figures.” I replied.

I suddenly realized that I no longer dreamed about them. Probably because I didn’t sleep much, but still. 

“We’re going to try and escape today.” Kevin announced.

“What?!” Shouted Bryan.

“But we can’t!” I demanded.

“Why not?” Asked Kevin. 

I paused. I could tell them that it was because of Megan but if they knew that I hung out with an alien, they’d think I was under some spell or trance for sure. 

“Because it’s too dangerous.” I replied.

“Says the one who left on their own yesterday!” Kevin chuckled.

I just remained silent. Kevin got out some weapons.

“We’ll use these if we run into any aliens.” He announced.

I didn’t truly want to leave here, I would miss Megan. But I couldn’t leave them either. While walking I asked them a question.

“Hey guys, if you had to choose between your best friends or your crush, who would you choose?” I asked. They both stopped and paused for a moment.

“Both.” They both replied.

“But you can only—”
“Just keep moving.” Kevin sighed.

I guess I never realized it, but I loved Megan, regardless if she was an alien or not. She’s nothing like any other alien that I met, but then again, I’ve hardly met very many aliens. 

Nobody crossed paths with us as we made our escape. We escaped the planet successfully. Bryan and Kevin were driving, there was a third driver’s seat for me, but I didn’t take it. I looked at the window behind us, knowing that I would probably not be back there again. As we left, their task of survival went away.


5

I never stopped thinking about Megan. Her blazing eyes and hair remained in my mind. Kevin and Bryan noticed how distracted I commonly was. I just pretended that they didn’t, though. Neither of us had ever had a girlfriend before, so I didn’t know if it’d be awkward if I got one. Don’t get me wrong, I am really handsome to a lot of girls, some girls have even had a crush on me before, too. Those girls were nice girls, just not the type that I was looking for.

One day, Kevin and Bryan decided to confront me about my distraction. 

“Charlie, you’ve been distracted by something, what is it?” Asked Bryan.

“Nothing,” I replied, “it’s just. . . This one girl.” Kevin jumped to my side.

“Who’s the lucky girl???” He asked.

“Well  . . .” I hesitated nervously, “She’s really nice, pretty, smart, and strong, but. . .”

“But what?” Asked Kevin.

“She’s . . . an alien. . . .” I replied nervously. Their eyes widened and their jaws fell while looking at me.

“But aliens are. . . dangerous. . .” Bryan said, nervously.

“Exactly,” replied Kevin, “she must have you under some trance!”

“I knew you guys wouldn’t understand.” I sighed.

I decided to just head to work early. I was sent to the airship on Giplantis again. While there, I bumped into a girl. 

She had blue hair so I assumed that she was born with powers since all who were born with powers have their hair color to represent what their power was. Red has insane warrior skills, Blue was control of elements, Pink has the power to heal and create objects at will, purple is mind-control, yellow is electricity manipulation, cyan is the powers of the wind and ocean, Maroons can summon swords (the color Maroon resembles the rose), Orange has the ability to see the past and future and can time travel, and brown (they’ll have a golden fade) has the ability to grow any plants that they want wherever they want.

She also had blue eyes, too. Her skin was smooth and white. She looked me in the eye for a moment.

“Sorry!” She then apologized.

“It’s fine.” I replied.

“Hey, can I follow you around since I’m new?” She asked.

I paused. I remembered the last time this happened, and she had powers too meaning whatever it is that happened last time could end badly this time. I decided to test my luck and let her follow me around. She continued following me.

She continued following me until someone called an emergency meeting. I always hated whenever they did that. Every time they do, I was in the middle of an assignment and then I’d have to stop it and then start over the assignment again. The minute we all arrived there, the guy immediately started pointing fingers at the girl that I bumped into earlier.

“She’s an alien! She was following around the orange haired guy!” He shouted.

“That’s because I let her!” I yelled, “She’s never been here before so she must be as confused as I was when I first got a mission here!”

“Maybe you're both imposters then!” He shouted.

“Just calm down!” Someone yelled.

“Never!” Shouted the man.

We ended up voting out the guy who tried to blame me and the girl for being imposters amongst us. That guy ended up being an imposter amongst us. Imposters are usually what us crew members refer to aliens as, since they try to pretend to be us in order to kill us.

“So, what’s your name?” I asked her while she was doing her tasks.

“My name is Amelia.” She replied.

“I’m Charlie.” I said, shaking her hand.

No, I would not start another love story here. I still loved Megan, it’s just friends that we would be, comrades, maybe (nah, probably not we don’t live in the Soviet Union from earth [someone restarted it on Giplantis]).

So now we were both doing our task of driving in the cockpit when the lights went out. An imposter must’ve sabotaged them. That’s the only way a light would go out, the energy on Giplantis is insane so the only way lights would go out is if someone sabotaged them or if someone turned off the lights with a light switch. Ameilia was terrified of the dark so she stayed in the cockpit with the huge window so that the suns could keep her in the light.

I stayed with her, just to make sure that nobody came in and killed her. When the lights turned on, in the hallway, there was a dead body. I reported it immediately. Everyone started pointing a million fingers all at once. I got annoyed, I thought the people here would be different from the people on Polus but NO they just have to be just like them. I hated when people tried to find the blame first. They always failed and if they didn’t, then a pig must’ve flown by. 

Nobody got voted out, at least five people got the same amount of votes and others got less, so it was technically a tie. Ameila looked worried. 

“Yeah, people do this all the time at Polus.” I told her.

“Is that where you were born?” She asked.

“Nah,” I replied, “I’m from Giplantis, I just commonly get missions on Polus.”

“Oh, okay.” She replied.

Eventually after about two hours or so, we finished our tasks and the airship was ready to take others to other planets. It was my turn to steer the ship. I was nervous, but then I finally decided to take my chances and I drove.

The first part was a bit bumpy, but I eventually got the hang of it. I landed the ship at the headquarters of the organization that I worked for, SpaceSloths.

SpaceSloths was the most advanced company. When NASA fell, it was up to SpaceSloths to study and discover more about astronomy for the people on earth. When they finally discovered a “safe” universe within the milky way, everyone left for that universe right away. That universe ended up having aliens, aliens who were supposed to be peaceful. 

Yes, that’s right, I finally figured it out; Aliens were always peaceful from the start, when the humans came, the aliens promised to keep them safe from harm. Some humans ended up falling in love with some aliens, eventually having some children that were half-alien, half human. Those creatures were called Humaliens. Aliens would protect the humans from the dangers of the universe, until one day, all changed. Something happened, and now they now live as enemies in war. Humaliens are down to one, me. But I don’t think that I can tell anyone, if anyone finds out that I’m the last Humalien, goodness knows what could happen.

One day, me, Bryna, and Kevin were sent on a strange mission. A mission in 0010010. We went anyway. I was unsure about the number, something felt strange to me, like as if something was going to happen. Something bad. I tried to believe that this was just a normal match but my anxiety stood out more than a priest at a funeral. 

The land we went to was empty, I recognized where we were. We were at the very place that Erick had teleported me to. 

“Guys. . .” I said, “We gotta go!” I yelled.

I turned around, the spaceship that we used to get here was gone. I started to get nervous. Just then, green glitching blades (by the way, I learned that they were called ‘hacker beams’ for some reason) started swirling around. My eyes widened.

“Hide!” I yelled.

“Where?!?!” Asked Bryan. We all stared at Bryan

“No, he’s got a point.” Erick announced.

Kevin ran in front of me and Bryan, hiding us behind him. 

“Who are you?!” Kevin demanded.

“My name is Erick Lorck, but people just call me Erick or just Lorck.” He replied, “But that is going to be the last name you’ll ever learn!” He yelled manically.

“Leave them alone!” I yelled.

“Awwww, I didn’t know you had some other friends other than that monster alien girl!” Erick announced. Bryan and Kevin’s eyes widened, staring at me.

“Yeah, well I do!” I said, ignoring the attention on me.

“Anyways,” Erick announced, “let’s get to the better part!” He threw a red hacker blade at us, we all dodged it (by the way I might just call it a hack-blade to make things a bit easier from now on).

He kept throwing it at us, and we kept dodging. I knew this game of dodgeball would never end unless I did something. I worked out how I could possibly make sure they’d forget this moment and delivered a final blow to Erick then immediately teleported us back.

“What happened there? I can’t remember.” Kevin announced.

“Nothing too much, that’s probably why you forgot.” I replied, “I forgot, too.”

We had the next one together, too. Today they were just putting people who shared dorms together for some reason. We were assigned to another airship. We all did our tasks together, many people questioned why we were always together, some even called us suspicious because apparently the Polus workers now have business here (not literally).

Bryan had a task outside on this balcony-deck thing. We both followed him. Our tasks were already done. Bryan had to upload some data to the main headquarters of SpaceSloths. His signal wasn’t the best, though. He had to move his device in all sorts of directions just to try and get a good signal.

Just then, a guy came. We assumed he was here to do the same thing. If you’re wondering why he had to do it outside, it’s because there was this device-post-thing that he used to download the data onto his device and then transfer it to the main base. 

We all scooted out the way for the guy that walked in to do his task as well. Yes, some people do end up with the same assignment, though it doesn’t happen too often. 

However, the guy ended up being an alien. He was no ordinary alien, though. You see, normal aliens have this peace-period thing. Depending on the alien, for some time they won’t have any urges to attack. However, there are what we call Alien-Assassins. No, they don’t kill aliens, but they can if they want to, unlike other aliens. Alien-Assassins are far more deadly than a regular alien. They’ll transform into a mini monster and kill as many people as they need within a single shot. Thankfully, though, they are very rare.

The Alien-Assassin threw me and Kevin overboard. I forgot how to do a memory wipe effect so I had to transform and Kevin would remember it. When we arrived back on deck, Bryan was in some other form and he killed him. Bryan looked shocked, and so did we. 

That night in our dorm, Bryan and Kevin were confused as anything.

“Why didn’t you tell us you had powers, Charlie?!” Kevin demanded.

“And how come I do, too?” Bryan asked.

I sighed. “It’s a long story.” I replied.

“A very, very, very long time ago, SpaceSloths had found a new universe for humans to live in. This universe was home to aliens, though. But they used to accept humans. Until one day, someone broke the peace, war broke out, almost everyone died, there was a humalien creature, who suffered greatly from battle. He was then killed by the man who started the war, Erick Lorck.”

“Who’s Erick Lorck?” Asked Kevin.

“Let me return the memory.” I said. 

“Wait, so. . .” Said Bryan.

“YOU NOT ONLY FELL IN LOVE WITH AN ALIEN, BUT A ALIEN MONSTER TOO?!?!” Shouted Kevin.

“Yes. . .” I said with shame in my eyes.

Kevin sighed. “I’m sorry.” He said, “I just. . . This is just so much. . . and. . .” He then paused. “Wait,” He said, “If you two have powers then. . .” He then transformed into some chaotic-looking beast.

“Huh,” he said, “not bad.” 

“We better not reveal that we have powers like this.” I said.

“Why?” They asked.

“Because others might try to hurt us or something.” I replied.

“That makes sense.” Replied Bryan.

We all decided to keep this a secret. It was hard, though. There were some times where we accidentally let out our form. Some of those accidental times involved almost getting seen by someone. It was especially hard for me. Unlike Bryan and/or Kevin, I had this urge every one hour or so to let out my form for a bit. Whenever this happened, I usually ran to the bathroom and did it there.

As the days went by, it became harder and harder to not reveal ourselves. It was at that point that we’d expose ourselves to the open world. We couldn’t let that happen. If the world knew we were powerful like this, there’d be a war again.


Lately, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about Megan out of all things that happened. There was also something else on Bryan and Kevin’s mind. Recently, they’ve had this dream of that message I saw in the bunker that said; Set them free. I finally realized what it meant, Megan told me that the aliens there had some urge and that they weren’t always aliens. 

When I told them about what it meant, they didn’t think that I was crazy at all. I say at all, but I think deep down they didn’t trust me when I said that the aliens needed to be set free. 

The only problem was, is that neither of us knew HOW to set them free. We had to do more research in order to figure out how we would set them free. So every day, whenever we weren’t working, we’d go to the library within the facility, trying to learn as much as we could. We read books written by authors during the time, we watched news from that time, etc.

No matter what we found, we found nothing on the aliens that were trapped on that mysterious planet. That was until one day, on the airship. I was sorting files. I dropped a file and it opened up. I closed it, picking it back up, but then I opened it again. It talked about  the aliens on the mysterious planet. It talked about how the planet’s name was now known as; The Original Polus. That’s where settlers from SpaceSloths came to discover this universe. They met aliens there. The war was also held there and Polus. After the war, people of all the powers; Blue, Green, Brown, Pink, Red, Maroon, Yellow, Orange, Purple, Cyan, and even the more forgotten powers that I forgot to mention earlier; Black, Gray, and White. Blacks had the power to teleport from a shaded area to another shaded area, Grays had the power to turn their enemies into stone, and Whites had the power of snow, wind, and ice. They combined their powers to create a barrier that no alien could get through. Unfortunately, some people with powers got left behind and suffered. 

I felt awful for what they had to go through. Sure, it wasn’t my fault but if I had just been there. . . could I possibly have prevented that misery they had to go through? I decided to sneak the file back with me. This could possibly be what we need to figure out how to break it.

“The most possible solution was to gather the same power.” Kevin said, “But how will we do that?” He asked.

“I don’t know…” I replied.

“Wait!” Bryan announced. He turned a page. Bryan began reading through it.

“Here!” He said pointing at a sentence.

“It says here that the aliens broke the shield so a powerful Alien, Human, and Humalien used their magic to rebuild one!” He announced.

“This means that the border was replaced, meaning we already have the power to take it down.” I announced.

We were excited for a second, but then we realized that we didn’t know how to combine our powers nor get rid of a barrier. We all still had some research to do.

One day, I was traveling to Polus with a crew. There was a guy there, he had this black ninja bandanna thing on his astronaut helmet. Nobody really wore things on their helmets too often, it was rare to see someone who did. The guy with the bandanna looked around 40 or something. That wasn’t usually something you’d see here very often. Usually, people who work here are around 20 or something, usually quite young. 

He seemed distracted by something. I decided to ask him what was wrong. He just replied that there was nothing wrong with him. I decided to just let it go. The ship eventually lost gas mid-way through the flight. Luckily, it crash-landed on a planet. We decided to try and fix the ship. By doing stuff. The guy with the ninja thing just stood there staring at the ground.

“Hey dude,” I said, approaching him, “you gotta help too.”

“What can I do? Everyone took every task available.” He replied

“What do you mean?” I asked

“The ship’s design isn’t actually complex, there should actually be a lot less people trying to fix this ship right now.” He replied.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah.” He replied.

I didn’t truly believe him, I didn’t truly believe that the ship was as simple as he claimed it to be. I decided to check for anything damaged outside.

“Don’t.” He said, “You’ll regret it kid, trust me.”

“Sir, I encountered an Alien-Assassin the other day, and survived, I’ll be fine.” I replied  

“Sure you did,” he replied sarcastically, “why don’t you share the tale here and not out there?”

“It is none of their concern what I went through the other day.” I replied.

The guy followed me outside, as much as it annoyed me, I just let him stick around anyways. There was something damaged in the front, it was some sort of wire panel. These things become much easier as you progress through this job, almost every day you're expected to fix the wiring. I was fixing the wiring when I heard growling. I just assumed it was the man trying to scare me back inside. What was his problem with me going outside? He was trying to act as if he were my father that was trying to protect me. Just then, the growling turned into roaring. I gotta admit, this dude’s determination to scare me was actually quite good.

I finished the wires. I turned around and the guy was battling some monster. My eyes widened. The monster threw the guy goodness knows where and then turned its direction straight at me. 

The monster started to charge at me. I ran away from the direction of the spacecraft so that others wouldn’t get hurt. The monster chased me until we were finally out of range of the spacecraft. I hid in a small hole with a small entrance. The monster kept charging its head at me like a snake whenever it attacked.

I was scared to death, then I realized; wait a minute, I’m probably more powerful than this thing. I burst out of the hole. I stared at the monster with eyes of aggression. The monster screeched and started charging towards me.

The monster had a short neck and a head more huge than measurable. Its body was long and it had about over 200 legs. It had two arms that had scales that stood out like spikes almost and sharp fingered hands (there were 3 fingers on one hand and the other had 4 fingers).

I immediately transformed into my Humalien form. Long orange wings with a blue inside, horns that had a blue fire on top, and a dragon tail the perfect size for a human being. I leaped into the space sky and stroked down the beast with a sword that I just barely noticed I had behind me in my form as I jumped to the space sky.

The beast was dead. Its body disintegrated like ashes in the wind. I released my form, hoping nobody saw that. Nobody other than the guy did.

“Please don’t tell anyone.” I said.

“I won’t.” He replied.

“So what kind of assassin are you? I’m a Human-Assassin, last of my kind.”

“I’m the last Humalien-Assassin and the last Humalien.” I replied. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

“But how?!” He asked, “No human nor alien falls in love with anyone outside of their kind anymore!”

“I don’t know.” I replied.

We headed back to the spacecraft. No-one had noticed the monster apparently. Me and the guy decided to just not do anything, we’ve done enough for now.

“So, kid,” The guy said, “you got a name?”

“Yeah,” I replied, “it’s Charlie.”

“Name’s Zander.” Zander replied.

“So is the monster why you didn’t want me to leave?” I asked.

“Yeah.” He replied.

“How did you know about it?” I asked.

“I once was sent to be a settler here, my whole family was, but the monster killed them all by the time the rescue team came. I was the only one they were able to save.” Zander explained.

“I’m sorry that happened.” I replied.

“It’s fine, it’s not your fault.”

That wasn’t the truth in my opinion, usually every time something goes wrong for someone that I cared about, I’d usually blame myself. In some cases, yes, this is technically a bad habit, because then I’ll just end up destroying myself and end up in some incurable depression. 

We fixed up the ship sooner or later and went on our merry way to the mission we were assigned only for them to send us back for being late with no excuse since they didn’t believe that the spacecrafts that SpaceSloths made could break down. 

It wasn’t just that spacecraft that started breaking down, a lot of things started glitching and/or going out. Time that was displayed in 

the roof of the main business center in space was flashing the minutes and hours by. Lights would flicker, and our devices would keep flashing our tasks, we ended up having to use the old way and had our tasks written on paper.

This was strange, they replace the technology’s parts every day, and there was always a stable connection nearby, this couldn’t have happened unless someone sabotaged it. I looked at my tablet, the number pattern of 001001001001001001 kept repeating over and over again. I knew where I had to go. This time, I would go alone, bad things could happen to the people that I cared about if I did go with someone.

I went to 0010010. Erick was right there front-and-center when I arrived. He smirked at my arrival.

“So, I believe you noticed my chaos in your useless technology?” He asked.

“It was you!” I yelled.

“Oh my god, it was? I didn’t notice.” He replied sarcastically.

I held my sword up towards his direction.

“About time you realized you had that thing.” He scoffed.

I leaped up to the sky to try and do the same thing that I did with that monster but Erick was faster and more powerful than that monster. 

I started using my powers combined with the weapon of my sword. He was still able to dodge. It was like he had been studying about me.

“You know you’ll never be able to defeat me!” He cackled. He then threw a blade that brought me to the ground.

I tried to get up but he stepped on my head, pushing me down. I 

pushed upwards, hoping that I could make him fall over and I’d have a bit of an advantage. 

“Listen, I”m powerful, you’re powerful, there’s no arguing about that.” He said, “Not to mention that you're also the last of your kind, I’m not getting into mine, though. With our powers and uniqueness, this whole universe could be ours, this could be the start of aliens having a universe that rightfully belongs to them all to themself!”

“I would never work with someone like you!” I shouted, finally pushing up and making him fall over. He rolled and bounced away from me.

“This could have been easy. . .” He said, getting up, “but you chose to make this hard.” 

He summoned a red hack-blade towards me. It pierced me right through the chest. I pulled it out. You’d think that I would have died there but I didn’t. I however was too weak to stay in my Humalien form, so I had to relieve it. 

“Looks like it’s the end.” He smirked, holding his red hack-blade near my neck, “Part of me wishes that I could watch you suffer just a little longer.”

He tried to push it inwards but Zander came out of nowhere and saved me.

“Kid,” he yelled, “you have a really bad habit of risking your life for nothing!” 

“Sorry!” I replied.

“How social can one Humalien be?!?!” Yelled Erick.

“More social than you at least!” I yelled.

Zander charged at Erick. Erick shot him down pretty quickly with his hacker-blades. Both me and Zander were now too weak to fight. The end was near, I could tell, anyone could. Surely this is where we end, right? Nope! Because all of a sudden, some giant wormhole creature came out of nowhere and started battling Erick. Me and Zander made our escape while he was distracted.

Zander took me back to his dorm. It was only him that had that dormroom. He wrapped bandages around his new scars from that battle. 

“If you have so many scars to cover up with bandages, how come you keep telling me to not get into trouble?” I asked.

“Because you’re younger than me by a lot and me getting these scars at that age didn’t benefit me one bit.” He replied.

“Well,” he said, finally putting his shirt back on, “you better cover up your scars too.” I just looked at him. A golden light flashed over my body and immediately all my scars went away as if they never happened.

“Right. . .” He said, “Assassins naturally have the power to heal others and themselves no matter what kind of Assassin they are.”

“Then how come you didn’t?” I asked.

“Never really learned how to, human healing magic is a lot more complex that the other’s healing magic.” He replied.

“Who taught you?” I asked.

“I’m self-taught.” He replied, “I barely had anyone but my older brother growing up, and my older brother just cared about alcohol and making certain ‘connections’ with women, every time he brought a girl home, she’d usually have a very short skirt or shorts and a short crop-top.” 

“I—”

“Don’t even start blaming yourself.” He interrupted.

He was right, I really did have to start breaking that habit of blaming myself for other people’s problems. I don’t know why I did that to be honest, did I think that it made them feel good? Did I think that it made me feel good? Goodness knows why I always blamed myself for everything in someone else’s life.

“Well, if you have roommates, most likely they’ll be worried about you if you don’t return soon.” Said Zander. It couldn’t have gotten more true than that. I quickly teleported back to my dorm, Kevin and Bryan were there.

“Where were you, Charlie?” Kevin asked.

“Fighting Erick.” I sighed.

“Please don’t tell me it’s the technological problems.” Kevin groaned.

“Yes. . . ?” I replied nervously.

“You gotta stop getting into trouble for the smallest of reasons, Charlie.” Said Kevin.

“It’s true,” added Bryan, “you have lately been getting into a lot of trouble recently.”

“I know,” I replied, “but these situations come to me themselves more than I do to them.”

“Not in this case they do.” Kevin added sarcastically.

Just then, the speaker turned on. It’s been a while since they did that.

“Attention all workers,” they announced, “tomorrow you all will be returning to your planets that you were born on and will stay there for the rest of summer.” 

“Whelp, guess those aliens and the peace has got to wait.” Kevin shrugged.

The ship delivered me and many others back to Giplantis. A lot of people reunited with their families first thing, but me? Well, if you haven’t been skipping some pages or chapters, then you obviously know that there was no family for me to reunite with.

I rented an apartment for the summer. It was a small one, with only one bed, a TV, some bookshelves with books and a fridge and a microwave as well as a small bathroom. I lay down on my bed, hands behind my head. I stared at the roof, thinking about what had happened that season at work.

I eventually got bored of staring at the roof, so I turned on the TV. I was skipping through a bunch of channels. I sighed and just turned on the news. What they were talking about on the news wasn’t that interesting, it was mostly just about students who had excelling brains, but that didn’t surprise me because people with teal hair (another power I forgot to mention earlier) had the power of enhanced intelligence.

I decided to get a physical E-book (yes, those exist in my time period) and read. As I was reading I heard something on the news catch my attention. It was talking about how students were starting to suffer death because some students ended up being aliens in disguises. That was impossible, the powers of Giplantis’ people had built a barrier around the planet so that aliens couldn’t get in.

The only reason that I could think of that would have led to this was if someone somehow disabled the barrier. I’d have to find that someone and possibly ask if they could tell me how they did it, but they’d most likely be an alien. Luckily, I had a form, meaning that I could pretend to be one.

I decided to go out for a walk in the park. I usually always did 

whenever I was bored and had nothing else really to do. While walking in the park I bumped into someone. I of course apologized, then I realized that it was Megan.

“Megan?” I asked, “How did you leave the original Polus?”

“If you kill someone who has powers, their soul with the power will be that of an orb in the same color of their power. When you absorb the orb, you’ll be able to take down any barrier no matter how powerful it is only once until you can absorb another orb.” She explained.

“Well either way, it’s good to see you again.” I said.

“It’s nice to see you again, too.” She replied.

“So, do you know who took down Giplantis’ barrier?” I asked.

“This planet had a barrier?” She asked.

“Yeah, but someone broke it somehow.” I replied.

“Well I don’t know who it is.” She said.

She went back to staring at something, it was a cat. It was a strange cat that made dog noises instead of cat noises.

“They’ll probably kill this creature knowing that they're an alien.” She said.

“But, won’t they kill you too?” I asked.

“Only if I get caught.” She replied, “But even if I am an alien, I was born on this planet and therefore I have a right to be here just as much as everyone else does and plus, I heard from other aliens that they were trying to escape from the alien life and just be in peace with the humans.”

“This isn’t right.” I said, “We used to be in peace and now people who belong here aren’t welcomed because they couldn’t choose who they’d become.”

“That’s just how your government works.” She said.

“No,” I replied, “It’s not just our government, it’s our human people, they think that they control the rules of any land they walk on and cast out whatever and whoever they don’t like.” 

“Surely all humans can’t be like that.” Megan replied.

“There used to be a group of humans known as the Native Americans or sometimes called Indians who did, but they’re long gone now, and the remaining ones don’t care about sharing their land at all.” I replied.

“They sound like really good people.” Megan replied.

“They were.” I responded back. 

The suns of the planet Giplantis were starting to set. Me and Megan stayed out, though. If you ask me, that idea was kind of stupid. Why? Because that was when all the aliens were out looking for prey. Megan and I had to show our forms as a way to say “stay back” to them. Megan had a much simpler form than her lava monster form (which she just called molten), where it was just her but a lava version.

That summer ended up going by pretty fast. Me and Megan decided to do our job together. I decided to introduce her to Kevin and Bryan, pretending that she was just some normal girl I met. Obviously they didn’t know Megan so they assumed that she was normal.

There was a new project that they apparently were working on during the summer. It was a project that they called “Submerged.” Basically what it was were these submarines they’d use to research and discover more about Giplantis’ oceans.

Me and Megan went there, though Megan had to be careful, in her human form, she was still vulnerable to water, meaning that if she touched water, her hand would turn to stone unless she put it in fire.

While in front of a big window, we saw something, something. . . big. . . and It was in the water. . . I don’t know what it is but something tells me inside that this creature wasn’t a normal sea animal, or any animal at all. 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.