Celestial | Teen Ink

Celestial

By lovelycheese GOLD, Cupertino, California
lovelycheese GOLD, Cupertino, California

"If you have something to do, then do it. You can't get wasted time back." ~Ben Carson.

Summary:

Celestials and their ancient legacy have disappeared with time's passing.
Summer is one of the last remaining Celestials in the entire land of King Lance and King Slade. Once she's discovered and brought before King Slade, her Element - Fire - is taken advantage of. While Summer's being juggled between two Kingdoms, no one notices as a third Kingdom arises.
And who is the King? Not a man. It's Summer's long lost mother.
Stuck in between the Kingdoms, it's up to Summer to decide the fate of all the Kingdoms - once and for all.

lovelycheese

Celestial

CheshireKat_95 BRONZE, Cambridge, Minnesota

"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal."
- Jane Austen, letter to Cassandra Austen, 24 December 1798

Oh yes. The dreaded writer's block: bane of every writer's existence. However, I find that if you force yourself into the mindset that I CAN write, I CAN write, I CAN and MUST and WILL write, then usually something will come, even if what comes is a little random and unexpected.

I look forward to reading more of your writing; you have a talent. And ask anyone who knows me--those words aren't heard(or read!) often.

Hope your writer's block goes away soon!!

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

No problem :) Do you think you could check out my novel? It’s not finished yet, but I’d like some feedback on what I have so far. It’s called ‘Wandering Soul’. You could probably find it under recent novels section.. :)

Thank you! 

However, I'm taking a break on Celestial due to this stupid writer's block, haha.

But I have another book I'm working on (also fantasy) called Silver Lining I'm looking forward to introduce onto Teen Ink for feedback. I'm well into the first chapter, and when I'm done with that, I'll be submitting. (: 

Thank you so much! Yup, I'm a full-fledged fantasy geek, too. I appreciate the feedback. (:

You are an amazing writer! I hope you finish this story soon! It's excellent.

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Oh wow you’re good. I’m a total fantasy geek, so you can imagine my reaction when I read this. Simply amazing. The descriptions flowed perfectly, I thought, and you’ve clearly put thought into the background and history of your novel. I like a writer whose able to write the story while knowing where it’s taking place--I admire that about this piece. Plus, it keeps the reader going. Good character development as well, and I’d love to see more of the story. :)

Haha... I live really near you, actually. Do I know you?

Ddzth254 BRONZE, San Jose, California
okay so you're amazing, we need to work together

Thank you!

I'm thinking about submitting a revised version of chapter one. I'll have to edit it first, though. (:

BleedingTearsCryingBlood BRONZE, Pendleton, Indiana

"Read on to discover a soul deeper than your own. Read on to find the innermost feelings, and thoughts of a creative mind. Read on to find something you may or may not understand."

This book has real potential I beleive with some work it could be published

No problem. I prefer doing free reads, anyway. :D I'll do my best to critique your novel!(:

MoandBrowniegirl SILVER, Toronto, Other

"Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul; dig deep, for every dream preceeds the goal."

That all sounds great! Good luck on the next project, and on the editing of this one (although in my opinion it doesn't need much).

Thank you for offering to read my work! I've tried a novel on this site (Big Sink Purple). If you could read that and give a bit of constructive criticism, that would be amazing!

Thanks again!

Thank you! Publishing - that's the first anyone's mentioned yet. I'm not yet looking into publishing, but I certainly hope so in the future.

Hmm. Now that you mention it, I might just start off another novel. I have another idea in mind, but I don't know where it'll go.
This draft of Celestial is very early and I've tons of changes. Like my description and stuff. Kind of overloaded. I'm reading a book called "The Book On Writing" (nice title, huh?) and boy, I learned a lot. I will delete these current chapters and post updated versions sometime in the future. I can notify you if you want. :D

I'd love to read some of your writing as well. Have any specifics in mind? (:

Chaday1911 BRONZE, West Point, Mississippi

"Better to have loved, than not have loved at all." Ginuwine

I love it! It is a wonderful book you should publish it because i would buy it and read it over and over again!

MoandBrowniegirl SILVER, Toronto, Other

I would really like to read more of your stuff (I love Fantasy stuff). Have you tried posting to the novels section? And have you written anything else I could read? Because this is like only having a bite of cake. I'd love more!

Whew, that's what I was aiming for. I was hoping I could relate the Celestial world to the actual world. Thanks so much.(:

MoandBrowniegirl SILVER, Toronto, Other

This is a really cool story! I love the parallels you drew between our society and fantasy. Your imaging is also really incredible (I love the descriptions, especially the one of the bedroom.) Congrats on being a great writer!

Actually, I'm deleting my Inkpop account temporarily- I've already submitted a request but I've no idea how long it takes for them to process it. As of now, my username's bitterandsweet but I'd like a different username. When I have my new account, I'll message you and we'll talk more then. (:

To me, the process always begins with reading. Need some grammar / punctuation help? Read a book. Confused on how to write flowing, natural dialogue? Read a book. That's the best advice I can give you. Ever since fourth grade, I've been ruthlessly plowing through books, usually over a hundred a year. I read Twilight when I was in fifth grade. (Not a smart idea.) Inspiration... Mmh. Hard topic. In my head, I'm constantly thinking about possibilities for plot lines wherever I go. I don't know why; it's this subconscious, irritating thing I do. (I'm not telling you to do that:) But I think life experiences can give you inspiration. You get through a hard year, drastic things occuring one after another, yet you manage to cope. Afterwards you think back, and you just know what it feels like. Otherwise, it's beauty for inspiration. I went to Yosemite two weeks ago for a field trip, and man. It was beautiful. Perfect blue skies and pure white snow. I hiked up the west end, and it had the most stunning scenery. Ever. Half Dome. El Capitan. Bridalveil Falls. All combined into one. I tried to think of something, anything that could compensate to what I was experiencing. When I returned back to my cabin, I thought of what I just saw. The inspiration rushed in afterwards.

Don't force the pen to write down something amazing and wonderful. Sit down at your desk with a blank sheet and pencil. Relax. Try to conjure anything in your memory that you'd like to retell. Don't think of those bestsellers. Do you have a strong viewpoint that you could express by morphing it into a plot line? If an idea doesn't come immediately, don't stress. Think about your day's events. Just remember, don't force ideas, but let them come to you.

Sorry if this was a huge blob of repeated sentences and yada. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Thank you so much!