Heart of Gears | Teen Ink

Heart of Gears

January 19, 2011
By Kate_Anders BRONZE, Andover, Massachusetts
Kate_Anders BRONZE, Andover, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
~William Ernest Henley


Summary:

Sophie Lane made a promise to herself, to her little sister. She will do everything in her power to protect Ruthie. Whatever the cost.

Now, a prisoner in the Hall of Time, Sophie must keep her promise, even though it means sacrificing her time. She will give everything she has to keep her sister safe, but will it be enough?

She is presented with a choice: her family or her friends. Sophie must choose one or neither will survive.


Kate A.

Heart of Gears


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


on Mar. 6 2011 at 6:06 pm
EmilyGram BRONZE, Simpsonville, South Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 73 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt."
Sylvia Plath

I love your prolouge!  What you've done with the counting really adds to the suspense of the novel.  Great job and keep writing!

Could you check out my novel White Ribbon?  You can find it in the Sci-fi/Fantasy Novels page.


on Jan. 27 2011 at 6:21 pm
Stormyflight GOLD, Arlington, Ohio
16 articles 0 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
I finally admited God was God
-C.S Lewis
Humans are amphibous. Our spirit makes us eternal while the animal binds us to time.
-C.S Lewis

I love your idea, time twisting is a tough subject to incorporate but you got it down:) Keep writing, and let me know if you ever publish any of your writing, its got a strong  chance out there:) Good Luck and God bless!