Blunt's Solitude | Teen Ink

Blunt's Solitude

May 28, 2013
By hodges.wt, Statesboro, Georgia
hodges.wt, Statesboro, Georgia
0 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Quoth the raven: 'Nevermore'" --Edgar Allan Poe


Summary:

When Mot O'Brien, a lowly farmer, receives a letter telling him that his father has died, he goes on a quest to reach and sell the haunted property that his father had not bequeathed to anyone. Mot struggles against ghosts of his past, and ghosts he has not known, he has to make a decision that will change his future forever. . .for better or worse.


Will H.

Blunt's Solitude


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 5 comments.


jelly bean said...
on May. 6 2015 at 3:48 pm
what happened next?

PatrickEDC said...
on Apr. 26 2015 at 2:26 am
PatrickEDC, Kansas City, Missouri
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
I hope you don't mind criticism. I've found that's how I improve most in my writing. First off, one of the main things is that you always refer to Mot as either "Mot" or "He." This gets a bit redundant. Try interspersing those with descriptive phrases or adjectives such as "The boy" or "The young man." Also, I find it hard to picture Mot. You need to describe him, paint a picture of him in your reader's mind. At the least give us his age, or an approximation of it. Secondly, this is more of a format thing, every paragraph should be indented and separated from the others. That's the nitpicking in me coming out. Third, the whole thing is a bit choppy. It doesn't seem to flow very smoothly. Sort of like this. I am giving you an example. See what I mean? You need to vary the lengths of sentences more; most of them are short, with a few long. That's the main points I see. Hope this helps you to improve your writing.

Coolio said...
on Jun. 3 2013 at 8:08 pm
I want to know what happens! Write more about this story!

Gran said...
on Jun. 2 2013 at 4:31 pm
Very creative. I enjoyed it and look forward to reading your next story.

hodges.wt said...
on Jun. 2 2013 at 1:30 pm
This is my first teenink story!