The Glitch In History | Teen Ink

The Glitch In History

November 15, 2019
By sconnolly, Somerville, Massachusetts
More by this author
sconnolly, Somerville, Massachusetts
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I really like dogs and I thought it would be cool to write a story about a dog and a human switching lives. 

THE GLITCH IN HISTORY (dun dun DUNNNNNNNN)

Most agree that best friends are everything! They always got your back, and don’t give up on you. In the middle of nowhere, there is a small village called Unpredictable/Oops. Not many people live there but there’s a good amount of people. Some say that in this village there was a ghost. This ghost would wait until you go trick-or-treating, then steal all of your candy.  As years passed and when I say years, I mean YEARS! TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY SEVEN YEARS WENT BY SINCE THE GHOST WAS DISCOVERED! In this town, everyone believes what someone says. Even if someone said something that was a complete lie., or if it was extremely hard to believe. There are some families that don’t believe what people say. The ghost never did anything and vanished 7 years after it was discovered. Unpredictable/Oops greatest number of people living there at a time is 278. Now there’s only 73 people, because once you come in to the city (the boarders) you can only leave one time and never come back in EVER. Unpredictable/Oops background might sound fake, but it’s real. The reason why the population is going down AT THIS MOMENT is because families are leaving and telling their friends and family who have never been to Unpredictable/Oops to never EVER go there. Now, only 17 families live there.

Oh the Peterson’s, what a great family. So calm and loud at the same time. The parents are quiet and the kids are surely something! Let’s look at this pair, Jack Will (or just Jack) and Jacob. Jack Will is a human and Jacob is a dog. They are best friends, and never leave each other’s side. It’s just the two of them, a dog and a human, perfect match! One clear night, while Jack and Jacob were on a walk everything was normal until there was thunder and lightening OUT OF NOWHERE. They kept on walking, thinking it was going to rain a little later and was just passing by. More thunder and more lightening came in and passed. The pair could see their house so they made a run for it. A yellow lightening bold hurtled towards them and CRASH BOOM CRASH. Jack and Jacob suddenly switched lives. Jack is a dog and Jacob is a human. How will Jacob go to school, and will Jack make any mistakes or take any risks? 

In a deep voice Jacob (now a human) says, “WOAH WHAT JUST HAPPENED?” 

“WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF!”

“What are you saying and where did Jack go? I don’t know what to do!” 

“WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOFETY WOOF.”

“Huh, what does that mean?” 

“WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF.”

“Please stop barking and seriously WHERE’S JACK?!”

Jack crawled around the room and eventually found a piece of paper and a pencil. He wrote:

JACOB! IT’S ME JACK! I THINK THE GOLD LIGHTING BOLT MADE US SWITCH LIVES. 

“That makes sense BECAUSE I WAS A DOG, BUT NOW I’M A HUMAN!”

Jack wrote:

WE JUST HAVE TO MAKE SURE THAT MOM AND DAD DON’T FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED. THEY WOULD FREAK OUT! CAN YOU KEEP THIS FROM THEM? 

“Jack, you’re my best friend, I would do anything for you.”

THANKS BUDDY YOU’RE THE BEST

“I know I’m the best, you say it all the time.” 

OH SHOOT, I JUST REMEMBERED THAT IT”S SUNDAY AND I ACTUALLY YOU HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL TOMORROW! 

“WAIT WHAT!? I DON’T KNOW HOW TO READ OR WRITE OR SPELL OR RAISE MY HAND OR TALK!”

BUDDY, YOU’RE TALKING RIGHT NOW!

“Whatever, what time does your school start anyway?”

IT STARTS IN TEN MINUTES.

“Oh ok, well I’m sorry if you have any tests today, because I’m going to fail!”

YOU’RE NOT GOING TO FAIL, JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. 

“Ok, thanks see ya later. Also, how do I get to school?”

MOM DRIVES YOU SO ACT NORMAL
“Got it, see you later.”

BYE GOOD LUCK 

“Thanks”


Later that day at school, Jacob was trying to figure out where to go so he made his way to the office. 

“Why hello Jack. How are you today?” said principal Narwhale. 

“I’m good, how are you?”

“Good, what can I do for you today?”

“I need to find my classroom, I forgot where it is.”

“Sure thing, you are in classroom 332.”

“Thank you.”

“No problem, see you around and have a great day.” 

When Jacob walked out of the principals room, he ran up to room 332 and sat down at a desk. As the day went by, Jack was at home and was sleeping on the couch. His mom came in the room, and Jack had an idea. Jack was going to try to tell his mom that it was him, and that he had switched lives with Jacob. 

“Hey Jacob boy, who’s a good boy.” the mom said to him patting his head. 

WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF

“No, no barking, quiet, good boy.”

Jack ran up the stairs to his room and got the paper and pen and found his mom in the kitchen. 

Jack climbed on the chair and wrote something down in front of his mom. He wrote:

IT’S ME MOM, JACOB AND I SWITCHED LIVES, I’M JACK AND JACOB IS AT SCHOOL!

The mom was so scared that she ran out of the room and called the police. When the police arrived, right when they opened the door, Jack burst out of the house and ran to his grandmothers house. He was going to see Grandma Marggie Berries (AKA, the BEST grandmother of all time)

When he got there, he rang the doorbell and waited. At school, Jacob ended up taking a test and getting a 78% on it. The test ended up taking him all day to complete. It took others 20-30 minutes to complete. 

When Grandma Marggie Berries came to the door, Jack ran into the house and found paper and a pen and wrote:

GRANDMA MARGGIE BERRIES, IT’S ME, JACK WILL. MY DOG AND I SWITCHED LIVES! I NEED YOU TO BELIEVE ME. I’M TELLING THE TRUTH, I PROMISE!

“I believe you, and it makes sense.”

WOW, THAT WAS EASY SO WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO? HOW DO WE FIX THIS? ALSO, MY MOM CALLED THE POLICE, THAT’S ALSO WHY I CAME HERE. 

“Ok, so here’s what we’re going to do. I’m going to call your mom and explain to her what happened. Then, once she understands I will take you home and at night we will all go out side and see what happens. Sounds good?”

YEAH THAT SOUNDS GOOD

Grandma Marggie Berries got on the phone and taled with Jack’s mom for 1hour and 53minutes. Once the mom was on board, they stopped at Jackks school and picked up Jacob. When they got home, they ate dinner and waited till it got dark and went outside. Jacob and Jack went on a walk, hoping that a gold lighting bolt would strike them. They were outside for 40 minutes when there was a loud sound and some lightening. Jack and Jacob looked at each other, nodded, and broke out into a run. 

“THERE IT IS! THE GOLD LIGHTENING BOLT!” SCREAMED GRANDMA MARGGIE BERRIES.

In a blink of an eye, Jack and Jacob were on the ground. 

“I’m me again!” exclaimed Jack.

WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
Everything was back to normal, except the mom and dad (they were extremely confused). Now it was back to a human and a dog, a dog and a human. Jack Will and Jacob, Jacob and Jack Will. Two best friends on an adventure in a really small village in a big world. 

 

 

ONE Day LATER


The next morning, Jack woke up and noticed that his hands and nose looked loke a dog. He ran downstairs to find Jacob, and found him lying down on the kitchen floor with his head in his water dish. Jacob’s paws were turning into human hands and his nose was turning into a human nose. 

“MOM, DAD, GRANDMA MARGGIE BERRIES, JACOB!” 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!

“Oh my darling, I’m so so sorry.” Grandma Marggie Berries had stapped on Jacobs tail by accident. 

“WHAT IN DARNATION WAS THAT LOUD SOUND?” screamed the mother

They were switching lives, and no...…...



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.