Secrets Kept Within | Teen Ink

Secrets Kept Within

By KristySparklez BRONZE, Sterling, Colorado
KristySparklez BRONZE, Sterling, Colorado

Time only numbs all pain, it does not heal the wounds created by, nor does it heal the pain

Summary:

I held the gun straight out in front of me, pointed at him. My hand was held tightly over it, my hand was clammy and I didn't want to lose my grip. This has never happened before. I never once felt like this before a kill, but then again I never had to kill someone I loved. I slid my finger over the trigger, it used to be comforting, knowing I was about to kill, but now it made me break out in a cold panicky sweat. He turned around and stared down the barrel of the gun. I drew in a sharp breath and swallowed back vomit. I felt my stomach twist. I couldn't do this. He looked into my eyes, my mouth went dry. He shook his head, his eyes pleading. I used to grow strong at that look, used to crave for it. I used to enjoy the thrill of a kill. That was before I was sent out to destroy my loved ones. I felt sick. I knew I had changed a lot since all this crap had started. Now I was being sent on a mission that was sending my emotions into roller coaster mode. What a joy. If I had to do this in order to save myself, it so wasn't worth saving myself. I swallowed another vile of vomit. I lowered the gun, pointing the barrel at my stomach. I stepped back, into the shadows, and held the trigger. I tightened my grip.I wanted to pull the trigger, but I didn't have the guts to. I used to have the guts, when this was what I lived for.

Kristine J.

Secrets Kept Within

BATMANSTEALTH BRONZE, Lake Havasu, Arizona
That was amazing! It truly captivated and entranced me and I will probably read it again and again. There are slight grammer issues ,but otherwise it is a thrilling book!

thanks!!!:) ill b positng more soon as i can!!!! im working on it now

dragonbee BRONZE, St George, Utah

"growing old is manditory, but growing up is optional"

wow...... there are not words to say how great ,no fantasic that was