Strange?! | Teen Ink

Strange?! MAG

Strange?!? You dare call me strange? Well, you're probably right. I have a few screws loose, a few pages stuck together, and my sanity is not exactly up to scratch. But why be sane? I want to be an actor and being a bit "crazy" (as some call me) just helps me play the part.

In the March issue, the column "On Being Strange" had in its contents some comments on how people "avoid" those who are strange. Who Cares?

Listen, the average person (sane person I should say) begins to miss some of life's pleasures and tends to lose his/her mind later in life. So, I figured that I'm saving myself the hassle of becoming crazy because I already am!

Anyway, I have some advice for all those who seem to have that "weird" sense about themselves - you know who you are...maybe you don't know who you are!! I just have to say that you don't need to impress anyone but yourself, always make the most out of every situation, be optimistic, and remember, I'm not only the hair club president, no! no! no! remember, you'll be rid of most of these people when you graduate and many will not remember you (or admit to it).

I end this article with my favorite quotation from Francis Bacon:

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." n