Dear Whom Ever It May Concern, | Teen Ink

Dear Whom Ever It May Concern,

May 21, 2009
By paigebrun SILVER, Dayton, Ohio
paigebrun SILVER, Dayton, Ohio
8 articles 1 photo 3 comments

I was thinking about how you said you were looking for someone. And not in these exact words, but maybe to find someone who gets you, who loves you for who you are, that doesn’t mind all your corny jokes, that laughs when you make a joke, that makes you laugh when all you feel like doing is cry. A person to help you through everything, someone that you get in a fight with but when you just want to walk out the door and leave, he grabs you by the arm, pulls you close to him, looks you straight in the eyes and simply says, “I love you” and your problems are gone. But before you decide anything, I have a few things I want to tell you first. "If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.” Listen to these words. I don’t think a wise man ever said them, but hey, when the guy who invented underwear said, “Feeling a breeze?! Put those back on please!?” He wasn’t a wise man but most everybody listened to him! The man who said the first quote also said, "Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give, which is everything." He sounds like a pretty good man to me! Maybe you should call him up!? But I don’t want you to take what I’m saying the wrong way. Yeah maybe you think a man would be there when no one else is, but I hope you know that you don’t need a man to be there for you. You have me. Don’t be afraid to ask for a shoulder to lean on, because if you ask me, I’ve got two. Don’t be afraid to ask for advice, because if you ask me, I’ve got a brain that has a good hearty catholic education I’ve been wasting away for all my life and it’d be good to put it in use. Don’t be afraid to fall, because if you ask my opinion, you don’t need some man to pick you back up. I’ve got two hands and I’d be happy to be there to stop you from falling in the first place. But incase you do fall, I can give you my butt pad so it wont hurt as bad.

Sincerely,
Yours truely!

p.s.
“You know a dream is like a river, ever changing as it flows.
And a dreamer's just a vessel that must follow where it goes.
Trying to learn from what's behind you and never knowing what's in store
makes each day a constant battle just to stay between the shores.
And I will sail my vessel 'til the river runs dry.
Like a bird upon the wind, these waters are my sky.
I'll never reach my destination if I never try,
So I will sail my vessel 'til the river runs dry.
Too many times we stand aside and let the water slip away.
To what we put off 'til tomorrow has now become today.
So don't you sit upon the shore and say you're satisfied.
Choose to chance the rapids and dare to dance the tides.” – Garth Brooks