How I process the word | Teen Ink

How I process the word

By MarcelineMing BRONZE, Mandalay, Other
MarcelineMing BRONZE, Mandalay, Other

The word Life has various different meanings and I’m sure you know that too, everyone’s life is different and the answers of when you ask someone what is life? they will probably answer something that differs from your answer but that is what makes life “LIFE”

To me life has 2 meanings One, describing someone or something who radiates joy and positive energy. Example of this meaning of life is “she is so full of life”. Two, “the way of life” which means which ever path you take you always meet death in the end so you should TRY to live a life with no regrets.

I emphasize on TRY because simply living a life without regrets is impossible. What made me think of the first meaning of life is because I love my pen might be odd because the word life is to some means something which is a living thing, I argue that the meaning of the word life, depends on you, yourself only. My favorite pen is a blue ink fountain pen it has a elegant look to it but the reason I love it is because I bought it with my own savings from doing chores around the house and I write my feelings with that pen only in my diary so when I hold my pen I am reminded of the happy to sad to angry moments I have written down with that pen and one day when I’m old when I reread those moments it will give me joy always.

The second meaning I think of when I hear the word life is “the way of life” this quote is from the lion king which is one of my favorite movies. I was really afraid of death from the age of 6 so was a friend of mind. I remember the day we spent crying at school in 3rd grade because our science teacher showed a video of how the earth might be destroyed a million years later, we kept chanting I don’t want to die with snot on our faces. I was really afraid of dying until the day I saw the quote “what is life without death” painted to a wall in school obviously 4th grade me didn’t understand it. one day I was bored and just took a stroll in the hall and stopped to see the paintings painted on the wall till I got to the quote and I thought about it the whole night. Finally, I questioned myself why was I afraid of death that was the moment that gave me the answer.

The reason I was afraid of death was life. It’s like yin and yang, life wouldn’t be so treasured without death and death wouldn’t be feared without life I’m not saying that I am not afraid of death, I’m saying that death has a purpose to exist in our lives to make our breathing moments more precious. If there was no death, life doesn’t have a meaning anymore. Don’t get me wrong I’m still afraid of death I just realized its purpose which is “the way of life”.

I’m just 12 yet I have so much more to do in my life, no matter how old you are right now you even is  making memories for your life before death by reading this sentence. My advice is to “just go for it”, just do it if it makes you happy, by doing that you are living your life to the fullest you can, besides who knows what life has in store for you

this is how i came to understand the way of life