Memories | Teen Ink

Memories

By Jessishere BRONZE, Chicago,, Illinois
Jessishere BRONZE, Chicago,, Illinois

"And I have taken the road less taken"-Robert Frost

Why do memories always come at the worst time? They come when you're having a good time or doing something important.  The worst memories are the ones that send you spiraling down a spinning staircase of hell. That interrupts your day and suppress the rest of the good memories. The rest of the emotions vanish into oblivion. You can only focus on that memory. Nothing can bring you out of it. You keep revolving through the same memory as one of the spinning doors in some places. Like when we were a kid and enjoyed spinning around and around in the door. Until we were dizzy enough to watch the world spin. But back to the memory. You are stuck in this memory as it is cascading around you like waves. As you struggle you see a little light in the background. You start to reach for it but get sucked back into the memory like you are sinking in quicksand. The raw emotions are multiplying. The pain intensifies over this short period of time. That’s what memories are. A collage of memories over an extended period of time.