Adoption | Teen Ink

Adoption

Take a minute to stop and think. Imagine how your life would be if you were adopted and don’t know who your real parents are. Think about if you know your parents gave you up; didn’t want you. Many children have to deal with knowing that they are adopted. How would you feel if you were them? These adopted children have to deal with the pain and the heartbreak that comes with knowing that your parents didn’t want you.

Adopted children should have the right to know who their biological parents are. They should be able to know where they came from. Unless there is a reason for their parents giving them up, the children should be able to contact them if they want to get to know their biological parents.

The only reasons adopted children shouldn’t be able to contact their biological parents is if 1) their real parents are drunks 2) their real parents are druggies 3) their real parents are a bad influence in some way 4) or if their parents are dead.

Everyone deserves the right to know who they came from and most kids want to know who they could grow up to be like. They need someone that they are related to, to be able to look up to. Its better to be able to look up to a real relative, than an adopted one because you have a stronger bond with someone who is related to you by blood as supposed to someone who is related to you only legally.

i write this because i never really had the chance to know my real dad becazuse of many reasons. im not adopted but my parents are seperated and i know how it feels to not know who your real parents are.

throughhim21 SILVER, Independence, Virginia

"I write not for the sake of glory, not for the sake of fame, not for the sake of success, but for the sake of my soul." -Rachel Joy Scott

We adopted my brother from China when he was fourteen. While it was a struggle, we are certainly "bonding". Although we are only related legally, he is just as much my brother as my biological siblings.

MetallixRose said...
I know this is the opinion section and I respect yours but seriously you don't know what it's like to be adopted you've got no right to go and say stuff on this topic so stop being an idiot and get your facts staight. You're not adopted: you'll never know what it's like. I'm not either but the majority of my family is so I've got a pretty good idea.

pausethesky said...

If someone is adopted, there's obviously a reason. So, you shouldn't have a right to meet them unless it's an open adoption.

I'm adopted and met my biological mom. Now I really regret it. I could have gone my whole life without knowing her and been better off. That's why I was adopted.

charbar8 said...
you aren't adopted dont say anything like that.

you dont know what it is like to be adopted.