Unstoppable-Not for Long... | Teen Ink

Unstoppable-Not for Long...

As I step up to the pitching mound, I pray I will do well. Hope to strike the batter out. Wish I don’t let my team down. I never know why I freak out; I always know I will pitch perfectly. I shake the worried look off my face and put on the intimidating stare my coach tells me to use when I pitch. Strutting up to the mound, I take a deep breathe. In, out, in, out… I stare the batter down with a sudden spark of energy. Her confidence drops-as it shows in the constant shaking of her bat. This is my before pitching ritual; I love this feeling-feeling unstoppable!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to feel this all my life. Fast-pitch softball is not a professional sport in the U.S. However, I think it should be! Right now, I play at the highest level possible for me and if I keep playing at this rate, I can only play thru college. They say college is pro-and that is great and all but not enough. It is defiantly not enough for girls like me who live for the game. Girls should have MLS (Major League Softball) just as guys have MLB! It’s not fair, girls are just as good at sports as guys are and we should be able to show it.

Not only should softball have MLS- but softball should be in the summer Olympics again too. Every other sport is in the Olympics so why can’t softball be? If any sport should not be in the Olympics, it should be fencing. All they do is stand there and poke each other with “swords” (They are not even like swords-they are not sharp!) Atleast softball has action and you cannot fall asleep when you watch it.

Fast-pitch softball is an amazing sport and should have the same opportunities as all the other sports. There should be a MLS (Major League Softball) and needs to be in the Olympics.

I play competative Fastpitch softball 14A. Softball is a great sport and deserves to be a national sport!

wow i agree! :)